Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:14 pm
@BillRM,
I don't know: maybe not having done it in the first place. But how about do the thing you RW guys keep muttering about: accepting responsibility and doing your time with no whining just because its inconvenient or now your sorry.
BillRM

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 08:44 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Records such as travel records, hotel records, work records that could proved someone was not in area at for example at the stated times would no longer exists,hell even friends who was with the accused might no longer be alive

I guess if we just assume that any male charge with such a crime is guilt it would not matter.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2016 06:46 am
Kentucky trooper wants job back because raping that girl was just a ‘moral mistake’
Source: Raw Story

By David Edwards
Thursday, February 13, 2014 13:49 EST

A Kentucky state trooper told a trial board last month that he would like to have his job back after he was fired for having sex with a 15-year-old girl, calling the relationship a “moral mistake.”

In a transcript obtained by WDRB, former Kentucky State Trooper Jerry Clanton asserted to the Kentucky State Police Trial Board that he was under the false impression that the 15-year-old girl was 18 years old when he started having sex with her.

“I made a moral mistake. And, I’ve gotten right with my family,” the married former trooper insisted. “I recognize that it is an embarrassment to the State Police. But I have not compromised myself in the fact that, in my mind, all I was doing was making a moral mistake.”

“I would never have gone over there. I would have never spoken to her, never texted her, never anything had I thought she was anything but 18.”

KSP Commander of Legal Services Capt. Matt Feltner, however, felt that the incident was more serious.

“You can’t put a 15-year-old girl in a car, drive her up in the middle of nowhere and have sex with her,” Feltner said. “I mean that doesn’t have to be written out somewhere to know it’s completely wrong and outside the lines.”

During the hearing, Clanton explained that State Trooper Stratford Young had sex with the girl first, which he said resulted in his inappropriate relationship.

Clanton admitted to having sex with the girl on at least four separate occasions, once on the trunk of his police cruiser while it was pulled over on the side of the road.

“I didn’t intend on having sex with her,” he said.

In the end, the trial board declined to give Clanton his job back.

Investigators believe that a Brandenburg officer and a Breckinridge County Sheriff’s deputy also had sex with the girl.

None of the four men had been charged as of Wednesday. According to WDRB, the girl is angry that no one is in jail. Her father has also called on prosecutors to take action, but it would be up to a grand jury to decide if anyone will be charged.

Watch the video below from WDRB, broadcast Feb. 13, 2013.

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/13/kentucky-trooper-wants-job-back-because-raping-that-girl-was-just-a-moral-mistake/
Source: Raw Story

By David Edwards
Thursday, February 13, 2014 13:49 EST

A Kentucky state trooper told a trial board last month that he would like to have his job back after he was fired for having sex with a 15-year-old girl, calling the relationship a “moral mistake.”

In a transcript obtained by WDRB, former Kentucky State Trooper Jerry Clanton asserted to the Kentucky State Police Trial Board that he was under the false impression that the 15-year-old girl was 18 years old when he started having sex with her.

“I made a moral mistake. And, I’ve gotten right with my family,” the married former trooper insisted. “I recognize that it is an embarrassment to the State Police. But I have not compromised myself in the fact that, in my mind, all I was doing was making a moral mistake.”

“I would never have gone over there. I would have never spoken to her, never texted her, never anything had I thought she was anything but 18.”

KSP Commander of Legal Services Capt. Matt Feltner, however, felt that the incident was more serious.

“You can’t put a 15-year-old girl in a car, drive her up in the middle of nowhere and have sex with her,” Feltner said. “I mean that doesn’t have to be written out somewhere to know it’s completely wrong and outside the lines.”

During the hearing, Clanton explained that State Trooper Stratford Young had sex with the girl first, which he said resulted in his inappropriate relationship.

Clanton admitted to having sex with the girl on at least four separate occasions, once on the trunk of his police cruiser while it was pulled over on the side of the road.

“I didn’t intend on having sex with her,” he said.

In the end, the trial board declined to give Clanton his job back.

Investigators believe that a Brandenburg officer and a Breckinridge County Sheriff’s deputy also had sex with the girl.

None of the four men had been charged as of Wednesday. According to WDRB, the girl is angry that no one is in jail. Her father has also called on prosecutors to take action, but it would be up to a grand jury to decide if anyone will be charged.

Watch the video below from WDRB, broadcast Feb. 13, 2013.

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/13/kentucky-trooper-wants-job-back-because-raping-that-girl-was-just-a-moral-mistake/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 04:56 am
US Navy seeks to to end ‘scourge’ of sexual assaults

Reuters
15 Jan 2016 at 00:04 ET

The U.S. Navy’s top officer on Thursday announced additional measures aimed at reducing and eliminating sexual assaults in the service, calling such attacks a “scourge in our workforce.”

Chief of Naval Operations Admiral John Richardson said continued efforts to combat sexual assaults were a central part of his goal of strengthening the entire Navy workforce – one of four pillars of new strategic guidance released last week.
ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads

He said measures already implemented in recent years had led to increased reporting and a decrease in sexual assaults, but more work was needed.

“Until we eliminate this and go to zero, we can never be satisfied,” Richardson said, calling sexual assaults the most egregious of destructive behaviors seen in the military.

The Navy and other U.S. military services have stepped up their efforts in recent years to crack down on sexual assault in the military, as well as on retaliation against those who report such attacks.

In 2014, the Navy reported that 5.1 percent of women in the service experienced unwanted sexual contact, a decrease from 7.2 percent in 2012, while 1.1 percent of men experienced unwanted sexual contact, compared with 2.7 percent of men in 2012.

Richardson mapped out several initiatives, including training focused more on encouraging shipmates to “step in” if they witnessed sexually inappropriate behavior.

“If I look back at some of the progress that we’ve made, it’s really when our team starts to think, ‘We own this. We are not going to let our shipmates be injured in this way,'” he said. Sailors would be told, “If you see something wrong, do something right.”

The Navy would revamp its personnel management system to ensure survivors did not wind up work closely with attackers later in their careers, and to expedite discharges for any victims who opted to leave the Navy.

In addition, he said the Navy would expand use of civilian counselors at shore facilities to encourage more men and women who had been sexually assaulted to report attacks.

There would also renewed efforts to crack down on alcohol abuse, given the high correlation with sexual assaults, and implementation of cell phone and computer applications used by some colleges to make it easier to report any incidents.

Richardson said training measures were already under way and the rest of the measures would be implemented within the next six months.

Further steps were still being considered and would be unveiled at a later date, he said.

(Reporting by Andrea Shalal; Editing by Robert Birsel)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 05:54 am
Air Force colonel in Colorado charged with rape, assault
Source: Associated Press

Air Force colonel in Colorado charged with rape, assault

Updated 1:21 am, Friday, January 15, 2016

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Military prosecutors have charged an Air Force colonel in Colorado with rape, assault and adultery, according to court documents.

Col. Eugene Caughey, currently assigned to Air Force Space Command at Peterson Air Force Base, was charged with misconduct dating back to 2013.

Caughey is accused of raping a woman at Schriever Air Force Base, also in Colorado, in late 2014 or early 2015 while "holding her against the wall and floor using physical strength or violence," according to the documents, which were released Thursday.

Prosecutors also said the 23-year Air Force veteran committed adultery several times, photographed his exposed genitals while in uniform, and groped women on two occasions.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Air-Force-colonel-in-Colorado-charged-with-rape-6760729.php
BillRM

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 10:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Lol take note of the fallback position of charging the man on cheating on his wife that only exist under military laws, so pressure the women to cry rape in order not to be charge under military law themselves and if a court martial does not go along with rape verdicts you still can nail the guy for breaking his marriage vows.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 07:00 pm
@BillRM,
You have serious problems. Medication would probably help. Do yourself a favor and ask your PO for a recommendation. I would hate to see you end up in a psych ward or worse.
BillRM

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 07:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
LOL so not giving full credits to such charges without solid proof or taking notes of similar charges that had been files aganst our military men in the past that turned out to be without founderdation is not yet a "misdeed" that can get you locked up.

Yes it would be a happier world for you if anyone who demanded proof of any woman charges before punishing a man would be locked away but that at the moment is not how the system work.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 09:17 am
@BillRM,
That would mean a lot more if there weren't over 50,000 rape kits in this country waiting for examination.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 09:15 am
@bobsal u1553115,
LOL when there is no question that there has been sexual intercourse between two people and the only question is the consent issue if hardly seems a good used of tax payer dollars to confirm a fact the both parties are in agreement of.
0 Replies

Zerocoolo

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 05:37 am
@firefly,
rape in any form is awful
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 06:14 pm
@Zerocoolo,
You said it.
BillRM

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 07:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yes like the poor victim who jumped into a sleeping man bed and when she regarded doing so the next day she charge the man with raping her.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 04:34 am
Tennessee sexual harassment policy mired in secrecy, experts say
Jill Cowan and Dave Boucher, [email protected] 6:15 a.m. CST January 24, 2016

Tennessee legislative officials want the public to trust that they take sexual harassment seriously.

Officials have repeatedly encouraged anyone who thinks he or she has been harassed to file a complaint, with promises of confidentiality.

But the state’s broad insistence on absolute secrecy — without regard for the unique challenges that come with managing elected officials — breeds a system with little accountability for lawmakers’ behavior, a Tennessean investigation has found.

The state declined multiple public records requests from The Tennessean asking for the number of complaints against lawmakers and other related data.

The state’s head of legislative human resources, Connie Ridley, has said she doesn’t keep a log of complaints unrelated to sexual harassment. In the case of sexual harassment, Ridley has said the state’s policy forbids her from acknowledging whether complaints exist.

She and House Speaker Beth Harwell have defended the policy amid questions about a potential sexual harassment complaint against House Majority Whip Jeremy Durham.

THE TENNESSEAN

Tennessean investigation finds inappropriate text messages

GOP lawmakers decided against discussing allegations involving the Franklin legislator at a Jan. 12 caucus meeting, called in the wake of concerns about his judgment.

Though Harwell told reporters that she had previously asked Ridley to speak to Durham about “appropriate behavior,” she wouldn’t say what specifically had necessitated the meeting. Ridley acknowledged speaking with Durham — a conversation Durham dismissed as insignificant.

In an email to The Tennessean, Durham wrote that there has never been a complaint filed about his behavior.

Because human resources officials denied requests for information about complaints involving lawmakers, that could not be verified.

THE TENNESSEAN

Rep. Durham not indicted in prescription fraud probe

Ridley said the public should feel confident that the sexual harassment policy is working and that potential violations are appropriately addressed.

“The policy itself is the tool by which the public can be assured that we are complying with (federal employment discrimination law) and ensuring our workplace is free of harassment and discrimination,” she wrote in an email.

The policy also forbids any victims of sexual harassment who may know that their complaints resulted in discipline from disclosing that publicly, Ridley has said.

'More like a gag order than confidentiality'

That kind of blanket secrecy can contribute to an unhealthy working environment, said Lisa Maatz, vice president of governmental relations for the American Association of University Women.

She reviewed Tennessee’s legislative sexual harassment policy and said its emphasis on confidentiality stood out to her.

“The woman in particular is not supposed to talk about it to anybody else,” she said. “When I read it I was struck by what I felt like was more like a gag order than confidentiality.”

The AAUW, established in 1881, is a national grass-roots organization that advocates for women.

Maatz said that without clear consequences for violating a given policy, there’s no incentive to follow the rules.

Regardless of any written policy, Maatz said it’s up to leaders of institutions to set the tone for what’s accepted appropriate behavior and what’s not.

“They really set the stage,” she said.

Maatz said there are a wider range of legal remedies than there were in decades past, and social norms have become less tolerant of sexual harassment.

Still, if women are “in an environment where harassment is accepted if not condoned, it makes it harder for (women) to advance and do productive work,” Maatz said.

In politics — a male-dominated sphere where elected leaders are ultimately accountable to voters — there tends to be more pressure on women to “quote unquote ‘let it slide,’ ” Maatz said.

Women who have worked at the statehouse have said that they wouldn’t feel comfortable filing a formal complaint with Ridley’s office, nor did they believe that a complaint would resolve anything.

Attorney Thomas Clay, of the Louisville, Ky.-based law firm Clay Daniel Walton Adams, said, “It’s counterproductive for any organization to keep the results of these investigations a secret, I think. It makes it impossible for them to have an effective sexual harassment policy.”

Clay represented three legislative staff members who filed sexual harassment and retaliation claims in the Kentucky legislature. The cases were settled during mediation and the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission agreed to pay a settlement last year.

He said the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission, which handles legislative administration for the state, made it difficult to find information regarding previous complaints, who investigated the complaints and the results.

“One of the things we had to fight the most to obtain from LRC was examples of past complaints of sexual harassment, and it turns out they had several,” Clay said. “I think it takes a lot of courage for a person to make allegations against the people who basically provide their employment.”

The Kentucky legislature had a sexual harassment policy, but Clay called it a “farce” and said it didn’t do much to stop the culture in the legislature.

“Not only was there a defective policy, but the policy wasn’t followed and nobody knew what the policy said,” he said. “I think it’s despicable for public officials to be able to practice this kind of conduct — they have a different standard and their actions are supposed to be transparent.”

States grapple with policies

Transparency is especially important in legislatures, where the most powerful employees are hired by the public.

“You have more likelihood that somebody could abuse those systems because there is not a strict course of accountability to keep that in check,” Allison Duke, associate dean of Lipscomb University’s graduate business program, recently told The Tennessean.

“It becomes really a responsibility of peers to try to manage that behavior and report inappropriate behavior.”

The concerns about Tennessee’s practices come as legislatures across the country grapple with crafting effective sexual harassment policies.

According to a document compiled by the National Conference of State Legislatures, different states’ legislative chambers in 2013 had a range of sexual harassment policies.

Some, such as the policy for the Florida House of Representatives, provide for public disclosure of investigation results.

Others, like the rules for the Louisiana State Senate, are brief and establish that sexual harassment isn’t tolerated, but don’t appear to lay out any framework for complaints and investigations.

Missouri’s legislature re-examined its intern and sexual harassment policies in the aftermath of a scandal involving then-House Speaker John Diehl.

Diehl resigned after the Kansas City Star reported on inappropriate text messages he exchanged with a college freshman intern. Another Missouri lawmaker also resigned after revelations about inappropriate texting.

In November, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the legislature toughened rules.

But the deliberations raised a number of concerns about creating a safe place for interns or other young Capitol staffers to determine whether they would want to file a formal complaint, or resolve the issues in another way.

In October, an Iowa appeals court ruled a former communications director for Iowa Senate Republicans could proceed with a lawsuit arguing she was fired for reporting sexual harassment by male aides and lawmakers, reports the Des Moines Register.

In New Hampshire earlier this month, some lawmakers objected to a proposed new sexual harassment policy because they think it infringes on their rights to free speech. In severalmedia interviews, lawmakers decried a portion of the policy that says “even unintentional conduct — including conduct that is intended as a joke” can be harassment.

“If somebody is out of line and grabs or touches a woman, they should be put in jail,” GOP Rep. Al Baldasaro told Slate.

“To silence legislators, to make them be careful of what they say — I disagree with that.”

Staff writer Holly Meyer contributed to this report.

Reach Dave Boucher at 615-259-8892 and on Twitter @dave_boucher1. Reach Jill Cowan at 615-664-2150 and on Twitter @jillcowan.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 05:14 am
Teen testifies police officer repeatedly sexually assaulted her

USA Today Network Trace Christenson, Battle Creek (Mich.) Enquirer 11:57 a.m. CST January 21, 2016

A 17-year-old girl testified Wednesday that she was repeatedly sexually assaulted nearly two years ago by a former Emmett Township police officer in Michigan, but that she initially lied to investigating officers to protect him.

"I wanted to protect him," she said, "because I loved him."

The testimony came on the second day of testimony in the trial of Troy Estree, 46, charged with nine counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct involving a teenage girl to whom he is related.

He faces up to life in prison if convicted. The Enquirer does not reveal the names or other identifying information of sexual assault victims.

Also on Wednesday, a doctor and a physician's assistant told the jury that both the girl and Estree have herpes.

The girl, who was 15 during much of 2014 when the alleged assaults occurred, testified for nearly five hours. Testimony continues Thursday before Calhoun County Circuit Court Judge John Hallacy.

The teenager told the jury she had been estranged from Estree for 13 years before re-establishing contact in the summer of 2013. She told Kalamazoo County Assistant Prosecutor Michael Stein, appointed as special prosecutor, that she was pleased to renew a relationship with Estree. She spent time with him and his family and “at the beginning it was pretty cool. It was awesome to be reunited.”

They first met in public places, but later met at Estree's home, which he shared with his wife, their two children and Estree's mother.

The girl said that beginning in 2014, things changed.

“It started with him touching me up my leg and closer to my thighs and then my private areas," she told Stein. She said they were watching the television show "Family Guy" and “I didn’t know what to do. He started rubbing my thighs and up to my vagina.”

“I didn’t know what to expect, and I didn’t want to let him down," she said. "If I said no he might walk out again.”

He gave her a phone and they began exchanging messages, and she spent more time at the house including overnights. He began to give her alcohol, she said.

One night, the girl said, others in the house were asleep and she and Estree were on a couch watching the television show, "Family Guy."

She said he pulled down her shorts and had anal intercourse.

"I don't remember what he said, but he was probably kissing my neck," she said. "I said I didn't want to do it anymore. I felt like trash. He said OK."

But a few weeks a later, she said, he wanted to show her a camper in the yard and said he wanted to have oral sex, and she said he did.

"I blocked out what I was thinking," she said.

She told the jury she began to think of the relationship not between relatives but more like dating.

"I enjoyed it," she said.

She described several other assaults, including in a basement bedroom and later at a construction site and at Bridge Park while she was riding with him while he was on patrol for the department.

"I thought it was normal," she said. "It was like a relationship thing. Now I know I had sex with (him), and it destroyed a whole family. It felt good. I had not had sex before and it felt good. I saw him more as a friend."

While on ride-a-longs, the girl said Estree assaulted her while wearing his duty belt on a park bench and another time on the trunk of the patrol car.

She said the sex became normal and "we both gave each other a look and then there was caressing and kissing and touching each other. It felt more like a boyfriend. I called him 'Bro.'"

During cross-examination by defense attorney Keeley Heath, the girl described her interview with Michigan State Police Detective Sgt.Heather Johnson on Aug. 12, 2014.

The girl said she thought she would be interviewed about the alcohol her father had given her, but Johnson began questioning her about sex. The girl told Heath she continued to deny having sex with Estree and told Johnson it was with a person named Brock.

Heath described the intensity of the interview, and the girl agreed that Johnson accused her of having sex with Estree and said if she didn't admit it that the detective would call every number in her cell phone to say the girl had herpes.

The girl said she began to cry. "I guessed she already knew. I knew she knew I was having anal sex with (Estree)."

She eventually told Johnson she has sex with him thousands of times, "but that was just an exaggeration."

She said Brock was a name she invented — the first three letters were B-R-O.

The girl admitted to Heath that she had lied while under oath to protect Estree and that she told her therapist that other people, not her, were having sex.

"I made it up because I didn't know what else to do to cover up for (Estree). I made them up because I was still trying to protect (him). I was trying to limit his years in prison."

She acknowledged that she had cut herself in the past and used fake names on Facebook, but she also said she told her best friend when the sexual assaults began.

Near the end of the day, Heath suggested that one of the examples of a sexual assault created by the girl was from an episode of "Family Guy," which the girl said she often watched with Estree.

But when Heath wanted to show a portion of the show to the girl, Stein objected, saying there was not proper notice by the defense of the exhibit.

"This was something that the defense planned and did not disclose," Stein said.

Hallacy told the lawyers that he never expected in his career to rule on admitting an episode of "Family Guy." Calling the plan an "impeachment of your own creation," the judge told Heath she could not introduce the program.

Earlier Wednesday, pediatrician Colette Gushurst said she examined the girl on Aug. 19, 2014, and found she had herpes. Gushurst testified the girl told her she had anal intercourse with Estree.

"She volunteered that he gave her oral sex, too, and that is probably where I got the herpes," the doctor said.

During cross-examination by Joshua Blanchard, Gushurst said it's possible that the virus can be passed in ways other than sexually, "but it's not common."

The jury heard that the girl has type 1 herpes and that Estree was tested and has type 1 and type 2 herpes.

Before she left the witness stand, the girl insisted that many of the assaults happened when others were in the Estree house. She said that one night he assaulted her in the basement bedroom and then they both slept the night in that room.

Contact Trace Christenson at 966-0685 or [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter: @TSChristenson.
BillRM

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 07:57 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Let see the teen had been pressure and blackmail to change her story even with threats to spread rumors that she had STDs if she does not come up with a story that an investigator approved of.

Who know what had happen if anything after all this improper threats.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 08:17 am
Slut shaming a child. That pretty damn low, Bill, shame on you.

If she's telling a tissue of lies that runs three years long, why can't the POS cop break even ONE detail?
BillRM

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 08:35 am
@bobsal u1553115,
f
Quote:
she didn't admit it that the detective would call every number in her cell phone to say the girl had herpes.

Shame on pressuring a child by threatening to spread rumors about her having STDs unless she come up with a story that the state would agree with.

Agents of the state was the ones threatening to slut shame her not anyone else.
BillRM

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 02:31 pm
@BillRM,
So it would seems by the votes down assuming that they are not coming from one person who had created phony accounts, that a large number of people approve of the state blackmailing a teenager by threatening to slut sham her to her friends
to force her to charge a man with sexual misconduct.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 02:53 pm
FSU reaches settlement with Winston accuser

Source: Tallahassee Democrat

Florida State University has reached a settlement with Erica Kinsman, a former student who accused former FSU quarterback Jameis Winston of rape.

As part of the settlement Kinsman agreed to drop her title IX lawsuit against the school. She will receive $250,000 as part of the settlement. Her attorneys will receive $700,000.

Read more: http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/01/25/fsu-reaches-250k-settlement-winston-accuser/79300122/