Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

nononono

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 03:33 am
@firefly,
http://37.media.tumblr.com/db22410a1cfcbbbddc0118a64677858c/tumblr_mv1h5jnvjy1sl3tz1o1_1280.png

He doesn't remember what happened last night. She doesn't remember what happened last night. But his college career is over and she is a 'survivor."

The White House task force report on campus sexual assault has redefined sexual assault and it now reflects a presumption of guilt in sexual assault cases that practically obliterates the due process rights of the accused. Students leveling accusations of assault are automatically described as “survivors” or “victims” (not alleged victims or complaining witnesses), implying that their accusations are true….

Thus the task force effectively prohibits cross-examination of complaining witnesses. … But by barring cross-examination, you also protect students who are mistaken or lying, and you victimize (even traumatize) students being falsely accused…. School officials are also encouraged to substitute a “single investigator” model for a hearing process, which seems a prescription for injustice.
BillRM

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 04:44 am
@nononono,
Of course it is total nonsense to have colleges investigating charges that if they could be proven in a court of law are very serous criminal misdeeds.

To strip all normal protections/rights from the accused and try him in a hearing where a large percent of his future and good name is at risk is outrageous to say the least and just another example of a war on young men that is going on at college campuses.

Examples of the results are already being reported such as when the police ended up charging an accuser for the crime of filing a false police report and she went on the run and yet the university parallel process kicked the accused out of college and only after one hell of a lot of pressure was placed on them did they reverse themselves a year later!

Real courts had already begin to take note of this injustice and in another Duke University case, a court had issue an injunction preventing the University from kicking out a male student on the strength of one of these kangaroo courts findings.

0 Replies

nononono

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 06:04 am
http://i.imgur.com/Pdkyuzl.jpg

"Rape"
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:00 pm
Quote:
Despite tougher laws, India can't shake rape culture
by Mandakini Gahlot,
Special for USA TODAY
June 14, 2014

NEW DELHI — Despite tougher laws against sexual violence, the grisly rape and murder of two teenage girls found hanging from a tree shows India has a long way to go to safeguard women in its male-dominated, socially stratified culture, critics say.

"Even though the laws are there, many people feel they can get away with anything, an attitude that some of our politicians have gone out their way to encourage," said Ranjana Kumari, a prominent women's rights activist and director of the Centre for Social Research in New Delhi.

The incident in Katra Sadatganj, an impoverished village in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, is just the latest in a string of attacks. At least two other rape cases were reported in the past two weeks in the same state, including one involving a woman who was found hanging from a tree Wednesday. The incidents are igniting debate about sexual violence against women and triggering outrage over lax attitudes about it, despite the strengthening of laws against rape last year.

The 14- and 15-year-old girls stepped out into a field at night on May 27 to relieve themselves — a common practice in India where more than a hundred villagers might share a single toilet — but never returned. After they were discovered suspended from the branches of a mango tree, Lal and other relatives refused to cut down their bodies for almost a day to ensure police conducted a proper investigation of the scene.

The case is evoking memories of the 2012 gang rape and killing of physiotherapy student Jyoti Singh, 23, on a bus. In January, a 51-year-old Danish tourist was gang raped in New Delhi. Last year, three men raped an American tourist hitchhiking in Himachal Pradesh, a mountainous northern region popular among tourists.

More than 240,000 sexual offenses against women were reported in 2012, according to Indian government statistics. But human rights experts believe that number is vastly underestimated because many women don't report the crimes.

India's government enacted measures last year to address concerns after nationwide protests seeking more security for women followed Singh's death. The new laws mandate strict guidelines for reporting rapes, shorter trials, less onerous hurdles for victims making accusations and requirements that female officers process victims.

However, high-profile rapes continue to occur, suggesting men's behavior isn't changing and marring the country's image abroad with the U.K. and other countries issuing travel advisories. Last year, the number of female tourists dropped 10%, according to industry experts, in a country where tourism makes up 6% of GDP.

Meanwhile, politicians don't seem to be helping. In early June, Madhya Pradesh state Home Minister Babulal Gaur — who oversees the police — cast doubt on whether rape should always be considered a punishable offense.

"It is a social crime which depends on the man and the woman," said Gaur, who is a powerful member of new Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party, or BJP. "It is sometimes right and sometimes wrong."

Party officials said his comments reflected his personal opinion, not an official party politician.

Gaur's comments come two months after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav — the state's governor — publicly opposed capital punishment for rape. "Boys will be boys," he said. "Sometimes they make mistakes."

Such comments show how values enshrined in the new anti-rape laws have yet to permeate Indian society, Kumari said.

"There is a lack of political will to take sterner action against these cases," she said. "It is not a question of law and order but the culture of fear for women and impunity for men."

On Wednesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke out, saying politicians must work to protect women.

"We cannot politicize rape … or play with the dignity of women," he said, his first comments on the issue since taking office. "We must work together (to solve the problem)."

FIGHTING BACK

India's traditional hierarchy of social castes is a major factor in the people's resistance to changing their attitudes, Kumari said.

In Katra Sadatganj, the two girls were Dalits, or untouchables — the lowest of the low in India's caste system.

Police arrested three brothers in the case: Pappu Yadav, Awadesh Yadav and Urwesh Yadav, all belonging to the Yadav caste — higher on the scale than Dalits, and politically powerful.

"Members of the upper caste treat the state like their personal fiefdom, where most low-caste women are considered fair game," said Kumari.

Federal authorities also arrested two police officers in the case on allegations that they failed to properly register the complaint about the rape. The officers now face two years in prison.

"We have a zero tolerance when it comes to how the (police) force reacts to sexual crimes." said Rajan Bhagat, spokesperson for the police in the state of Delhi. "A woman can walk into a police station at any hour and find a female police officer who will promptly file her complaint."

There's been some progress, Kumari says. The government is enforcing its laws, at least in cases that garner public attention. People are more open to discussing the problem, too.

"A few years ago, a crime like this where the victims are Dalits in rural areas would never have been investigated, let alone reported in national and international media," Kumari said. "The fact that the accused from the powerful Yadav caste have been arrested and are sure to be punished is important."

In Calcutta, Suzette Jordan — a survivor of a brutal and widely reported gang rape in 2012 — revealed her identity, confronting a culture that often blames and punishes victims instead of the accused.

Jordan was gang raped in Calcutta's posh Park Street neighborhood, giving rise to her moniker in the media as the "Park Street victim."

"I wanted my life back," she said. "I didn't want to be known as the Park Street victim. I have a name. I refuse to be intimidated. We need more women to come forward, to report rape, to use the new laws to ensure the accused are punished."

In Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, activists have taken matters into their own hands to change peoples' attitudes.

Usha Vishwakarma, 23, set up the Red Brigade, a women's group that physically attacks men who harass girls. Changes to the law haven't accomplished enough, she said. She plans to set up chapters of her controversial group in other cities.

"We saw sexual crimes dip by over 50% in our neighborhood ever since the group began," said Vishwakarma. "This is the only way to curb such crimes by taking on the men in a manner they understand: by using our fists or by publicly shaming them."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/06/14/india-rape/10003071/
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:40 pm
@firefly,
I wonder if nononono, hawkeye10, and BillRM would enjoy living in India.

They probably would.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:54 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

They probably would.

I dont know about No, but Bill and I are firmly against rape-rape.
BillRM

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:56 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:

LOL......................from that comment to Firefly I am assuming she is up to her old behaviors. Thank god for the ignore function.

As far as living in India it is no better to live in a society that allowed women to be mistreated then to live in a society that had declare war on young men.

A fair society to both men and women would be the ideal as no one gain by sexual unfairness to either men or to women as we are all the same species if not the same sex.

Something that Firefly and a few others here do not seem to be able to understand.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 08:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I dont know about No, but Bill and I are firmly against rape-rape.

REAL rape (meaning when one person FORCIBLY has UNWANTED sex with a another person) is 100% wrong.

REAL rape does not include:

1) having drunken sex and regretting it after the fact
2) "Stare rape"
3) considering anyone born with penis to be guilty of being a rapist in waiting
4) disagreeing with a woman or with feminism

However there are other ways to be "raped" as far as I'm concerned:

1) Being raped in child custody court or divorce court by a judicial system that favors women
2) Being raped by a criminal court system that is lenient to women and prejudice against men, particularly black men.
nononono

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 08:18 pm
Also watch this video, it's less than 2 minutes long. Louis C.K. talks about his experience with a woman who liked to be held down forcibly to have sex because it was "Dangerous."

It needs to be noted that some people (women for sure and maybe even some men) like this exist. I don't feel this constitutes rape either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4hNaFkbZYU
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 08:26 pm
@nononono,
I dont demand force, rape-rape is any sex that one of the persons clearly states is not wanted, or is done on a person too incapacitated to object. None of this " the state does not like it" or "she did not enthusiastically agree" definitions for me.

No means no, and the no is clear.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 08:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
My wife and I are into BDSM, and run with others. In some relationship one partner has no choice day by day what sex they have or with whom, the master decides. The slaves choice minute by minute by minute is to either do as told or leave. Not me necessarily, but I know guys who the feminists would claim rape nearly every day. Thing is the women want it, they came calling for men who would give them what they want even though the feminist/state cooperative says they cant have it. Sexual assault law is personal to me, because it threatens choices my wife and I have made for ourselves.
nononono

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 08:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Did you watch the video I posted above^

Some woman are really messed up in their thinking if they WANT a man to hold them down and have sex with them. And how could you ever know as a man if she said she wanted that; if she wouldn't change her mind later about it and then you're a rapist!

I had one partner like this. She didn't always want to be held down, but she made it known that she liked it forced sometimes. I told her I would not oblige her for the very reason that I felt it potentially could be used against me later. She was dissapointed, but hey I'm not in jail and I've had much better sex with saner people since.
nononono

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 08:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
My wife and I are into BDSM, and run with others. ...Sexual assault law is personal to me, because it threatens choices my wife and I have made for ourselves.

Your personal choice. It wouldn't be something that would interest me, but I understand your point. The fact is that feminism simply has too much sway in society.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 10:04 pm
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

Quote:
My wife and I are into BDSM, and run with others. ...Sexual assault law is personal to me, because it threatens choices my wife and I have made for ourselves.

Your personal choice. It wouldn't be something that would interest me, but I understand your point. The fact is that feminism simply has too much sway in society.

The point is that after the sexual revolution we all agreed that what two people choose to do together sexually was no one elses business. Now we don't, or at least the feminist/state propaganda claims that we dont.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 10:13 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
Some woman are really messed up in their thinking if they WANT a man to hold them down and have sex with them. And how could you ever know as a man if she said she wanted that; if she wouldn't change her mind later about it and then you're a rapist!

you dont, which is why as a man it is extremely important that I am careful who I play with. Talking to people, getting to know them helps. Knowing people that they have played with before with no problems helps more. We still play with people that we find on places like Craigslist, but I expect at some point that will be too risky.

Quote:
She was dissapointed, but hey I'm not in jail and I've had much better sex with saner people since.
You need to hold out for "force me whenever you want". Her repeating this several times over a couple of weeks would be better.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:30 pm
Quote:
Giving out a fake number may be juvenile. Rude, even. But what if the sly move could help women avoid aggressive suitors, or at the very least, school them with wise words from a brilliant feminist thinker?

The group behind a new, handy hotline intends just that. It works simply enough: To shake off an overly forward solicitor, a woman could give out the feminist phone intervention line, (669) 221-6251. When a person calls that number, a recording of a quote by feminist author bell hooks will automatically play. Texters will receive an SMS version. (One example: “Whenever domination is present, love is lacking.”)

The creators believe that giving out a fake number is safer than directly rejecting a confrontational guy. “Women are still threatened and punished for rejecting advances,” they write on the project’s website.

http://news.yahoo.com/unwanted-advances-guy-phone-number-ll-definitely-message-171220874.html

Because telling a guy " buzz off, I am not interested" is fraught with danger, because as we all know .......MEN SUCK! .
firefly

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Because telling a guy " buzz off, I am not interested" is fraught with danger...

Some guys get very insulting, and can get aggressive, if a woman doesn't give him her phone number--particularly drunk guys. Who needs that?

Most women don't want the hassle, they just want to get rid of him, or get away from him ASAP, and handing out a fake number has probably been going on as long as phones have been around. It's definitely not a new idea.
Quote:
because as we all know .......MEN SUCK! .

You're the only one who keeps spreading that message.

And, since you're known to only tell the truth, I guess we should believe you about that. Laughing
nononono

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:56 am
@firefly,
Quote:
handing out a fake number has probably been going on as long as phones have been around. It's definitely not a new idea.

Exactly!

There's a REALLY old saying: "Be a man."

The reason that saying exists is because real men deal with unpleasant situations head on, face to face.

That's called man ****. It may even (gasp!) be part of the quote unquote "Manosphere"!

Yes, women have been giving out fake numbers as long as phones have been around, because women as a whole don't feel it should be a priority to have common decency and deal with uncomfortable situations head on. It's much easier to be a little girl and find an easy way to remove themselves from the uncomfortable situation. If the man feels hurt or lied to afterwards, what does it matter to the woman? She wasn't there to witness another human being realize they were lied to, so then it's like it didn't even happen at all.

And it's not just the fake number thing either; women find all kinds of different ways to remove themselves from their own bad or deceitful behavior. Because if you can't see how your lies and/or poor judgement affect others then it's like it didn't even happen at all. You're a good person then, and the other person is the "creep". How dare a man (who you may have even been leading on) ask for your.... PHONE NUMBER!!! Gasp! What a slimeball! He's probably a rapist too!!!

It's so much easier to act like a little girl and LIE than to "be a man" and simply say "I'm very sorry if I gave you the impression that I was interested in any way. I'm not. But thank you for the flattery."
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 01:03 am
@nononono,
Quote:
It's much easier to be a little girl

Which is encouraged..." dont say no, dont say anything, dont do anything, if you did not say yes then you were RAPED! and the state will take care of you" .

" I was scared" always works to excuse women for being bumps on logs, for not being able to be bothered to open their mouths to speak. We should consider changing that.
nononono

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 01:21 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
" I was scared" always works to excuse women for being bumps on logs, for not being able to be bothered to open their mouths to speak. We should consider changing that.

I just don't understand how getting asked on a date is "scary". I've been asked out by women that I didn't find attractive. I was upfront with them and politely told them I wasn't interested. Some took it badly, others didn't. Some I even became friends with. But I didn't view any of them as slimeballs or rapists in waiting.