Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

BillRM

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 05:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Does anyone around here want to talk about the thread topic?

I was under the impression that we had reached an agreement that if a woman asked to have sex when she for whatever reason can not by the state rules consent to having sex when she had indeed ask to get raped........ Drunk
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 05:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Does anyone around here want to talk about the thread topic?

I'm still waiting for you to tell us about your unified theory on the thread topic, Hawk. Or was that all piss in the wind?

You also cast aspersions on the veracity and honesty, of the other participants on this thread, non-specifically, of course.

Now you want people to play "nice"?

Can women "ask to be raped" in this mysterious unified theory of yours?
BillRM

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 05:17 pm
@Builder,
Quote:

As I said that is a no brainer as once more if the state ruled that a woman can not consent to having sex while under the influence of alcohol for example and then asked her lover to mount her then she is indeed asking to be rape.

When you decide to take adult rights away from women when it come to sex then you are opening the door for women being able to ask to be rape at least in the legal sense.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 05:23 pm
@Builder,
Quote:

If one accepts the premise that a separate consent is required for each act then yes. I sometimes surprise my wife by waking her up with some ******* in the morning, and while she has told me in the past that she likes it and wants me to do it again most people who ascribe to the feminists notion of consent would I think say that it is rape because she never consented to it on this occasion . I also tie her up and gag her and do things that we never talked about which gets questionable when all she agreed to was " tie me up and use me like a slut!". She cant communicate lack of consent and she never gave exact affirmative consent so many would call me wrong.....and it is possible to look at this as a request for rape.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 05:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think the feminists fall into two camps, one says that a legalistic process needs to take place before each sex event to affirm consent before the sex is Kosher (not rape) . These people would say that what my wife is doing is asking for rape.

There is another camp who says that rape is a violation, so if she wanted what happened then it was not rape because there was no violation, even if the " desired" processes pre event were not followed. They would also hang me if after any single event my wife said " I did not want that". Even the second group would say that I am doing something pretty stupid, but they would say that if I want to take the risk then "WHATEVER!"

Judging from the lit it appears to me that the first group is vastly larger than the second group.
BillRM

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 06:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye there are people here that would love to throw you into a small prison cell and your wife into a mental treatment center for willingly taking part in S&M games.

Adults women need protection not only from evil males but from themselves also.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 06:08 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Hawkeye there are people here that would love to throw you into a small prison cell and your wife into a mental treatment center for willingly taking part in S&M games.

I never turned into a conformist during all those years of being the victim of bullying in school, I am not about to start now at my advanced age. Life is short, I need to have fun, and I intend to continue to do it my way.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 08:10 pm
@BillRM,
Who has suggested mob violence? So far your the only person who believes anyone wants to be involved in a mob. Sparky, I don't know why you have such a guilty mind, but you must be doing something really awful if you think you could be the target. It's interesting that you worry about due process, yet claim to believe that there is no such thing as rape, apparently now we know you think child molestation is a myth as well.

I only said that as an 8 year old girl, I was more worried about what my father might do, which is really why I never told anybody. As years go by, you realize you were just a frightened, and humiliated child. I didn't want to tell anybody what happened, because there is sense of shame that something happened that never should have happened. The abuser was the grandfather of two little boys, 6 and 8 and the three of us played every day during summer breaks. I stayed away from the house and the old man, but still played games with the children. At that age, it was incomprehensible that he could be molesting his grandsons, you have little knowledge of normal adult sexual practice, so the idea that what happened to you was the sick fantasy of a molester was way beyond my scope of knowledge. I think he only stayed with the family a few months. I don't remember any names except the 6 year old boy.

It's incriminating now, when you read the words of a male who seems to understand and approve of such crimes. That's why they act as if it's impossible to molest others, they just want to continue treating young boys, girls and vulnerable people as if God offers them to sick fucks to enjoy.

I never told my father even when I was a grown woman. I didn't think it would be good for him, he would have been distressed to know, and there was nothing he could have done by then. It wasn't my parents fault, it was just the sick old man. So like in all of Bills aspirations, the old man was never accused, charged and unless he was discovered doing similar things later, I can only assume he died without ever being publicly embarrassed. Bill should be thrilled. For people like Bill, it's the ultimate goal, he just might get away with it.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 08:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

If one accepts the premise that a separate consent is required for each act then yes. I sometimes surprise my wife by waking her up with some ******* in the morning, and while she has told me in the past that she likes it and wants me to do it again most people who ascribe to the feminists notion of consent would I think say that it is rape because she never consented to it on this occasion . I also tie her up and gag her and do things that we never talked about which gets questionable when all she agreed to was " tie me up and use me like a slut!". She cant communicate lack of consent and she never gave exact affirmative consent so many would call me wrong.....and it is possible to look at this as a request for rape.

I guess she's living the American dream. You sound like a sweetheart.
This is a great country, there's a sick **** for every sick **** sucking air. Mosel Tov, celebrate your specialness, that way the rest of us can warn our children what can happen when you meet brutes.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 08:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Shouldn't two people do what they want, so long as no one else gets hurt? Explain to me why privacy needs to get vaporized so the you and everyone else who wants to get a say in what we do can make us conform to your will.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 10:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
No one really cares what you and your wife do. The two of you are happy, God bless.
And that's also the reason humanity is offended by those who force others to submit unwillingly to unwelcome and uninvited penetrations. I'm so delighted for you that your slave/wife is eager for your attentions. Again, there is a sick **** for every sick ****. Your wife can brag that her husband is akin to a rutting beast and you get to brag online that your wife is a glutton for punishment. Hey, this America, you're living your dream.
Oh, and for Christ's sake no one wants you to conform, we just want to be free to not conform to your expectations and your need to believe others find your proclivities normal.. I'm so happy that my Dad, my grand dads, uncles and older male cousins see women as people, not just not orifices for abuse. They kept me safe, and these family members also helped my son to become a decent human. Our goal was for family's to be strong, and care for
all of the young, and we comfort our elderly as they face the end of their lives.

I doubt if anyone cares a wit what you and your wife do in your own home, but they don't care to hear everything that you and your wife do. Maybe Bill has been masturbating nonstop since you shared your lovemaking habits. It's a win for both of you. I can't say I'm interested in your sex life, I prefer my own. I realize some folks like to observe and relive vicariously alternate sexual practices. You should devote your time, to finding others who are into the **** you are. So, I can promise you I don't care what the two of you do, as long as it's not done in my yard. Carry on skippy.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 10:44 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I doubt if anyone cares a wit what you and your wife do in your own home
Read some mandatory reporting laws, they dont say that you must call the cops if either my wife or I indicate that abuse is going on, they say that you must call the cops if YOU think abuse is going on. You get to decide what is wrong for us, and if you think we are doing wrong the law says that you must rat us out to the state so that they can invade our lives for as long as they want and for what ever purpose they want.

This is total bullshit, this is abuse, this is taking the power away from us. It a right world the law would say that you must keep your yap shut until and unless one of us asks for help.

But we cant do that, because we think the state needs to save the victims, even from themselves. If those we have labeled victims want the wrong things they must be stomped on.
Builder

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 10:53 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes, I was wondering why these two are even on this thread.

"Unified theory" aside, (more BS) it's all voyeurism and self-gratification.

Just to clear up the definitions of sexual assault, here are the NIBRS definitions of forcible sex offenses.

Forcible sex offenses
Any sexual act directed against
another person, forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or
not forcibly or against the person’s will where the victim is
incapable of giving consent because of his/her temporary or
permanent mental or physical incapacity.

Forcible rape
(except “statutory rape”) The carnal
knowledge of a person, forcibly and/or against that person’s
will; or not forcibly or against the person’s will where the
victim is incapable of giving consent because of his/her
temporary or permanent mental or physical incapacity. If
force was used or threatened, the crime should be classified
as forcible rape regardless of the age of the victim. If no
force was used or threatened and the victim was under the
statutory age of consent, the crime should be classified as
statutory rape.

Forcible sodomy
Oral or anal sexual intercourse with
another person, forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or because of his/her temporary or permanent mental or
physical incapacity.

Sexual assault with an object
To use an object or
instrument to unlawfully penetrate, however slightly, the
genital or anal opening of the body of another person,
forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or not forcibly or
against the person’s will where the victim is incapable of
giving consent because of his/her youth or because of
his/her temporary or permanent mental or physical
incapacity. An “object” or “instrument” is anything used by
the offender other than the offender’s genitalia. Examples
are a finger, bottle, handgun, stick, etc.

Forcible fondling
The touching of the private body parts of
another person for the purpose of sexual gratification,
forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or not forcibly or
against the person’s will where the victim is incapable of
giving consent because of his/her youth or because of
his/her temporary or permanent mental or physical
incapacity. Forcible fondling includes “indecent liberties”
and “child molesting.” Because forcible fondling is an
element of forcible rape, forcible sodomy, and sexual assault
with an object, it should be reported only if it is the sole
forcible sex offense committed against a victim.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/saycrle.pdf Page 13
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 11:01 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
"Unified theory" aside, (more BS) it's all voyeurism and self-gratification.
Point out the BS, voyeurism and self gratification in the post above this (5,673,036 ).

You are the one spewing the bullshit, not me. You are labeling what you dont want/cant deal with garbage and ignoring it. This is a sure way to remain ignorant.
BillRM

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 11:14 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Who has suggested mob violence? So far your the only person who believes anyone wants to be involved in a mob.

You did my silly friend and that I should live in fear of some mob coming to get me of all silliness.

Quote:
It's incriminating now, when you read the words of a male who seems to understand and approve of such crimes.

My my who does approved of such crimes however given that you are ready to called up a lynch mob over my attempts to find homes for kittens and that your stories does not have the ring of truth to them neither your judgment, or truthfulness or hold on reality itself for that matter I happen to hold in high regards.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 11:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Get the hint, Hawk. We don't want to hear about your sex life, and how you justify your "unified theory" by judging the behaviour of your wife/partner.

And you think the number of your posts has anything to do with credibility?

Is that another of your theories? Hmmm?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 11:19 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
We don't want to hear about your sex life,

You are only qualified to speak for yourself. Haven't you even learned this little in your life? Seems pretty clear that you dont have the maturity or intelligence to add anything to this thread, but feel free to try to surprise me.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 11:25 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
where the victim is
incapable of giving consent because of his/her temporary or
permanent mental or physical incapacity.

Yes indeed and that where the rubber meet the road as the silliness of having trainers telling US troops that a woman with one drink can not consent to sex or the Congress trying to put the burden on a male soldier to proved that his partner was not too under the influence to consent to sexual congress instead of the other way around.

Only the courts telling congress the hell no kept our male soldiers from needing to try to proved that his partner was not impaired and could consent to sex instead of the assumption that all adults even a female adults can consent unless proven otherwise.

Not to mention the fun issue of what happen when both parties to a sexual congress are equally under the influence, who is the rapist and who is the victim or do we just declare that the party with the penis is the guilty one.

By the standards above both parties should be locked up for a few decades for having sex with each other.
firefly

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 01:19 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Read some mandatory reporting laws, they dont say that you must call the cops if either my wife or I indicate that abuse is going on, they say that you must call the cops if YOU think abuse is going on. You get to decide what is wrong for us, and if you think we are doing wrong the law says that you must rat us out to the state so that they can invade our lives for as long as they want and for what ever purpose they want.

This is total bullshit, this is abuse, this is taking the power away from us. It a right world the law would say that you must keep your yap shut until and unless one of us asks for help.

But we cant do that, because we think the state needs to save the victims, even from themselves. If those we have labeled victims want the wrong things they must be stomped on.

The state I live in has no mandated reporting of domestic violence. I believe only 6 states do. And the mandate to report in those states applies only to certain professionals--it does not apply to the general public.

And, yes, the purpose of the mandated reporting, in the few states that have it, is to assist those victims who might be asking professionals for help, or to have professionals intervene in situations where the victims might be unable to ask for help, or where they might be too frightened to ask for help. And we are talking about both male and female victims of domestic violence.
Quote:
The U.S. Department of Justice found in a national survey that 25 percent of women were raped, physically assaulted, or both by a current or former spouse, cohabiting partner, or date in their lifetime, 1.5 percent of them within the year. This translates to an estimated 1.5 million women being raped or physically assaulted by an intimate partner annually. Men, too, are victims, though to a lesser degree. The same survey estimates some 834,700 men are raped, physically assaulted, or both by an intimate partner each year in the United States [4]. In response to what Surgeon General C. Everett Koop once declared a national epidemic, policy makers in six states—California, Colorado, Kentucky, New Hampshire, New Mexico, and Rhode Island—have mandated that physicians report their suspicion of intimate partner abuse to a law-enforcement agency, even over the protests of the victim involved.
http://virtualmentor.ama-assn.org/2009/02/jdsc1-0902.html

And there is both research, and argument, on both sides of the issue. Some of which is touched on in the above article.

But, honestly, the least compelling argument is yours, when you say--"This is total bullshit, this is abuse, this is taking the power away from us. It a right world the law would say that you must keep your yap shut until and unless one of us asks for help."

People who are being seriously physically or sexually abused in a domestic relationship may not be able to ask for help, or they are terrified of retaliation if they were to do so. So they may not have the power or courage to ask for help. And someone may wind up dead as a result. That's hardly "total bullshit" as the reasoning behind the mandated reporting--it's valid concern for welfare.

While your wife might be consenting to being tied up and gagged and having things done to her body, even painful things she hadn't agreed to beforehand, surely you realize there are many other domestic partners who don't consent to such treatment, who don't consent to being battered or physically abused in any way, yet that's the way they get treated, and they may need assistance reaching out for help and protection. They may need the help and protection of the law, even when they try refuse it, or are too frightened to accept it, because their lives may be at stake.

I don't want to get into either domestic violence, or the general issue of mandated reporting, because both are extremely tangential to the specific topic of this thread, and they are important separate issues in their own right. We've discussed marital rape, and we can continue to discuss that here, but bringing in the global issue of how much violence, physical pain, and injury--possibly life-threatening, or permanent, or disfiguring injury--one should be legally able to inflict on another, ostensibly with their consent, before the law steps in, really isn't part of this topic--it's not sexual assault/rape.

I can understand your concern about trying to retain your BDSM lifestyle, and your fears that domestic violence laws, or mandated reporting of domestic violence, or outsider's negative or disapproving views of a BDSM lifestyle that involves the infliction of pain, and possible injury, and what others might see as "torture", might eventually result in laws that limit your lifestyle. But the issues with that, would be how much violence a person can "consent" to, and how much alleged "consent" to violence might be forced rather than willing, and how do you know when the "consent" line has been crossed in a sado-masochist or bondage-domination situation of physical violence.

I think those are all interesting issues, worth their own thread, I just don't think they belong in this thread. While specific preferences, might be part of "erotic life", they are related to things other than sexual assault/rape laws, and they would be covered under quite different laws, like battery laws.

I've absolutely no interest in what you and your wife, or anyone else, does sexually in private, as long as no current laws are violated, and I'm not advocating for any new laws.

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 01:39 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Why College 'Drunk Sex' = Rape
05/23/2014
by James R. Marsh, Lawyer

This post is co-authored by Alison D. Kahler

"Drunk sex," attorney Matthew Kaiser insists in Time Magazine, "just isn't what we think about when we think about sexual assault."

That kind of mindset is the problem. In fact, Kaiser's claim that alcohol-fueled rapes aren't "the kind Joe Biden is talking about" is belied by the text of the White House report: "Many are survivors of what's called 'incapacitated assault': they are sexually abused while drugged, drunk, passed out, or otherwise incapacitated."

So in actuality, what Kaiser euphemistically calls "drunk sex" is exactly what Biden is talking about. To clarify -- as Kaiser never does -- it is impossible to obtain someone's consent when that individual is drunk. Again: We believe that drunk people cannot give consent.

As proof of the supposed unfairness of campus rape laws (a sentiment echoed in another Time Magazine clickbait piece by conservative scholar Christina Hoff Sommers), Kaiser invokes one of his clients, a male college student who claims to have been falsely accused of sexually assaulting a female classmate.

Kaiser does acknowledge that people shouldn't "[force] sex on [a woman] because she's vulnerable because she's drunk," but he goes on to say that his client -- who had sex with a woman too intoxicated to even remember the night's events (i.e. "blackout drunk") -- somehow did not use alcohol to force sex on another person. He relies on a fairly paltry showing of circumstantial defenses he hopes will obfuscate the main point: Because the victim was drunk, this should be considered rape, end of story.

Kaiser's "evidence" raises another point: He claims that texts sent by his client's roommates "showed that she consented." But even if you overlook the obvious problems with this scenario (e.g. did the roommates accurately describe the situation? Did they have a psychic pipeline to the victim's brain?) and take the text messages at face value, so what?

Consenting to one type of sexual interaction does not mean you consent to everything else. Even assuming that the victim did voluntarily and knowingly remove her clothes, this in no way means she consented to a kiss, let alone full-blown sexual intercourse. Consent is an ongoing process. Even if she had initially consented to engage in sexual activity, any subsequent request to stop needed to be respected. Otherwise, that's rape.

Contrary to popular belief, false accusations of rape are very rare. And although victims are consistently dismissed and even blamed for sexual assault, society -- even the supposed bastion of liberal political correctness that is Hollywood -- overwhelmingly protects and sympathizes with rapists.

Kaiser, it should be noted, has built part of his career around profiting off of sexual predators. He solicits putative pedophiles and child molesters on his law firm's website (quotation verbatim, errors and all):

If you or a loved one is currently facing a federal child pornography charge or investigation in Washington, DC, you need an experienced and zealous advocate to represent you. At the Kaiser Law Firm we understand the sensitive natured of child pornography offenses and work in tandem with our clients to protect their rights and good name…

Unfortunately, the FBI normally takes their time to gather evidence and conduct their investigation before bringing charges.

Kaiser sells his ability to protect the "good name" of people who watch, distribute, and produce child pornography. There is no evidence that his college client is different. Indeed, Kaiser never says his client didn't have sex with the victim. He instead makes the baffling claim that the rape (which he acknowledges happened) somehow doesn't count as rape.

It should also be noted that sexual predators on and off college campuses overwhelmingly use alcohol to incapacitate their victims. Child molesters do the same thing, intoxicating their victims with alcohol and drugs. Similarly, predators at bars or parties may target victims based on level of drunkenness -- not because inebriation is an invitation, but because they make a calculated decision to force unwanted contact on someone unable to refuse.

This should not be tolerated. Drinking does not mean someone is "asking" to be raped. Drinking does not make it okay to attack another person (something most men are perfectly capable of not doing). Drinking does not cause rapes to happen. The only cause of rape is sexually predatorial behavior; the only people responsible for rape are rapists. If alcohol is involved in an assault, it's because sexual predators have turned it into a weapon.

The fact is, it's still much more dangerous for women on campus than men. Despite Kaiser's hand-wringing, his son's chance of being falsely accused is much, much lower than his daughter's risk of being sexually assaulted (which has stayed roughly consistent since 1987).

When it comes to campus rape, the real unfairness is not that a few predatory boys have to face consequences for their crimes. The real unfairness is what is done to victims, and how seldom they are given justice.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-r-marsh/why-college-drunk-sex-rap_b_5352121.html

0 Replies