Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 10:09 am
@Arella Mae,
They are anti-male as they clearly imply that there is some need to remind most males that raping a woman is both morally wrong and illegal.

Concerning the question that the posters serve some useful purpose other then insulting men I am sure a rapist will not rape if he but read such a poster.

aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:00 am
@BillRM,
Bill- those posters are not directed at rapists. They are directed at young men who may need to be informed or reminded what exactly constitutes 'rape'. You know, some young men don't start out WANTING to be rapists, but in the heat of the moment, or after a few beers at a party, they might tend to get carried away and these posters are for them - to remind them not to behave in such a way that they'd fall into the category of 'rapist'.
I wouldn't be insulted if my son was shown these posters on his campus-I wouldn't think people were saying -'Oh all men are potential rapists.'
I'd be glad he was being reminded to watch his p's and q's - especially when he'd had a bit to drink.

And you need to be a little more discerning in assigning blame for ****. Your wife is lucky - she lives in a private home with an alarm.
The sorority girls who were raped by Ted Bundy were living in a sorority house in which people were coming and going through an unlocked front door at all hours of the day and night. Ted Bundy WALKED THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR!
And somehow you can compare the two situation and say that these girls did not take care to make sure they were safe and presented themselves as defenseless children?

And I also would like to ask again, how I, as a functioning, caring member of society am supposed to be able to recognize people like Ted Bundy as a child and stop him from developing into a person who is dangerous to women?
What would you have our society do to 'save' these people from themselves?
BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:26 am
@aidan,
Quote:
And somehow you can compare the two situation and say that these girls did not take care to make sure they were safe and presented themselves as defenseless children?

You can always take precautions and if the security situation was poor in that house then either demanding that they be improved or moving out come to mind at once. Looking after your own security is a duty of every adult even female adults.

Second means of defenses can always be at hand even a simple baseball bat under the bed come to mind and a ten dollars alarm on a bedroom dollar can be useful. Hell my wife picked up a numbers of such alarms in a dollar store!

Instead of silly posters concerning rape I would suggest promoting security awareness and highly encouraging young women to take part in self defense training not so must for the techniques learn in such training but to change the mind set that all females can be is helpless victims.

Not too long ago an elderly woman found herself being carjack/kidnapped by a man in his 20s in my local area. She beaten the **** out of him using a metal rod that is normally used to lock the steering wheel up. He was happy to see the police.

Even an elderly woman can fight back.

I

aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:32 am
@BillRM,
From where do you get evidence that I have a low opinion of men?
And just for your information, my son is more of a gentleman and by that I mean 'gentle man' -than a lot of men I meet on a day to day basis.
It's what I love most about him. He can't stand to hurt other people - he stood on the mound and cried when he was ten years old because he accidentally hit another boy with a wild pitch-

I have the highest opinion of my son and so know that he would never willingly hurt or rape a woman. But you yourself on this thread are saying that men are accused of rape when they don't even realize that what they're doing constitutes rape.
You yourself are saying it's not clear and it's open to interpretation.

I want to make sure my son KNOWS what he needs to know. That doesn't mean I have a low opinion of my son.

You should ******* apologize to me for saying that.

And answer my other question. How the hell are we supposed to KNOW who will grow up to rape and who won't and what can we do to stop it?
aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:36 am
@aidan,
Quote:
change the mind set that all females can be is helpless victims.

And I don't have that mind set. Let me tell you this and you can believe it - if someone tried to rape me without knocking me out and raping my unconscious body - they might get the better of me in the end because I'm a small woman - but they'd leave knowing I DID NOT want to be raped.

I'd knock their ******* head off - or die trying.

Get over yourself.
aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:44 am
@aidan,
I think it's you who has a low opinion of females.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:49 am
@aidan,
Quote:
But you yourself on this thread are saying that men are accused of rape when they don't even realize that what they're doing constitutes rape.
You yourself are saying it's not clear and it's open to interpretation.

Sorry but that is not what I been saying here what you and some other women on his thread are trying to sell as raped happen not to be raped not in my state and I question in most states or any states for that matter in the US.

Raped is force or threat of force or drugging a woman behind her back.

No male including your son had a duty to carry a breath testing kit around with him.

aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:53 am
@BillRM,
Well, you just edited out everything I responded to - but I still remember what you initially said - and I'd really be interested to hear your response to my response to your initial post.

*Where do you see evidence that I have a low opinion of men?

*What right do you have to say that I have a low opinion of my son - because I'm happy for him to be informed about what exactly -in this day and age- constitutes rape?

*Where have I ever presented any sort of indication that I view women as 'helpless victims'?

aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:55 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry but that is not what I been saying here what you and some other women on his thread are trying to sell as raped happen not to be raped not in my state and I question in most states or any states for that matter in the US.

Raped is force or threat of force or drugging a woman behind her back.

No male including your son had a duty to carry a breath testing kit around with him.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have not been involved in any conversations about breath testing kits or rape in your state or any other specific state.
I think you might have me confused with another poster Bill.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:57 am
@aidan,
Quote:
because I'm happy for him to be informed about what exactly -in this day and age- constitutes rape?

I suggest you talk to a lawyer as once more raped at least in the state of FLorida is force or threat of force or drugging behind the woman back.

If she willingly taken in enough alcohol to cloudy her judgment that is her concern not your son concern.
aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:04 pm
@BillRM,
Look - Yes, girls can take in enough alcohol to cloud their judgment - but SO CAN BOYS!

That's all I'm saying.

I have a son and a daughter. I wouldn't want my son to be accused of a rape he didn't commit just as much as I wouldn't want my daughter to be raped.

Can you understand that for some people it's not a case of 'us against them'?

It's a case of truth and justice for all?

Some people actually like/love girls and boys equally and only want them all to be safe and out of harm's way.
BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:09 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
when they don't even realize that what they're doing constitutes rape.

So your son need a poster to know that using force or threat of force or a date rape drug is raped?????????!!!!!?????
aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:13 pm
@BillRM,
Bill - stop talking about my son - okay?

I read on this thread that a man staying inside a woman six seconds after she says to stop constitutes rape. Is that true or not?

That's the sort of thing I'm referring to.
BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:14 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
Can you understand that for some people it's not a case of 'us against them'?

Please show me where I had said anything else?

My wife had done a wonderful job raising her two daughters and they had both had grown up to be responsible citizens.
aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:18 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Please show me where I had said anything else?

I never said you did.

Unlike you who said that I :
*'have a low opinion of men'
*have a low opinion of my son
*believe women are defenseless victims
*had something to do with a discussion on breathalyzers etc., etc.

Don't lump me in with people who may have said those things. None of those things are true about me.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:22 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
I read on this thread that a man staying inside a woman six seconds after she says to stop constitutes rape. Is that true or not?

One state had done that silliness the state of Maryland.

And how by the way knowing that fact is going to be a great aid to anyone?

Most males would be rightly piss out of their minds but would stop as soon as they understood the situation.

That understanding time is or is not going to go over the 6 or 7 second rule of the state of Maryland and knowing about this time limit is not going to be all that helpful ahead of time.
aidan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:27 pm
@BillRM,
Okay - but if someone is aware that there is this crazy law in Maryland - it helps them get set in their mind that it's really, really important to:

a) know exactly who you're about to have sex with - know whether or not the girl is stable enough to take responsibility for her actions or decisions in the first place, so that you won't find yourself in such a precarious situation that your future depends on a matter of six seconds.

b) if you find yourself in a situation in which you don't really know the girl - as does happen from time to time in a young person's life - keep in mind that a matter of six seconds can make the difference between what is considered consensual sex and rape.

Okay - that's the difference. I didn't know this. I'm sure he didn't know this. Now I can make sure he knows this.
Am I going to make sure he knows this because I think he's in any way a potential rapist?
No - I want to make sure he's informed and protects himself.
I guess for a boy in Maryland - knowing this is as important to his future as wearing a condom.
BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 01:04 pm
@aidan,
It was one case of a poor young man who conviction was set aside at one level of the Maryland court system and then reinstated at a higher level.

This had cause/produce more then a little outrage and I question if most DAs in Maryland will be all that of a eager to bring future charges of this nature or if they do so they can find many juries that now will to willing convicted someone under a similar situation.

I hope that this was more of a fluke then a real danger to the young men of Maryland.

However I do agree with you it better to know your sexual partner well and picked those you can feel you can trust.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 02:26 pm
@aidan,
William just doesn't get it and never will. His sole purpose on any thread is to argue. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the talent for meaningful discussion so he reverts to his usual tactics. I have yet to see him win any debate on any thread. Perhaps that is because he is not equpped to do so. Alas, he may not be equipped for the bedroom either. Hence his rantings and obvious hate of women who he considers his superiors. William the Conquered, he is.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 02:28 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

One state had done that silliness the state of Maryland.

While I agree that a man should stop if a woman asks him to - I am trying to put the shoe on the other foot. This 6-second rule baffles me a little. I can't speak for a man's orgasm, but I sure can mine. Let's say that it was the woman in control and on top. The man asks her to stop. For me, and I assume most women, when you are on the "edge" and ready to fall off the cliff, how do you gauge 6 seconds? Would I even hear him or comprehend? I mean, there is a point where you really do lose it. If you are close to the edge and making a strong run to the top, you are already feeling the strong currents sliding up your body before you reach your max. Hardly your finest moment for thinking rationally. There are a lot of things going on at that time, mentally and physically. I don't know. I can see where a good man could be put behind bars for that, and REALLY be a decent guy that was so close to finishing, he didn't "get her." Not because he didn't want to, either. That's a pretty fine line there.

Setting all of that side, I still do believe when asked to stop - you need to stop with your best effort - as quickly as possible.