Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:16 am
@firefly,
Quote:
It’s estimated that fewer than one in six rapes is ever reported. In many cases, it’s a silent crime aided and abetted by a long string of socioeconomic factors including poverty, access to drugs and alcohol, or a community/family tolerance of violent sexual behavior.

and the victim knows that they made some mistakes that contributed to the event taking place, and the victim cares about the abuser, and the victim does not think that this event warrants all the trouble that will come to her life and the abusers life if she does report it, because sex is considered private by the victim and she does not have any interest in broadcasting her sexual life and sexual problems, because she does not believe that a rape took place and does not like being told what she is supposed to believe.

Considering that rape victims routinely say that the reason they dont report is because they dont want a big deal made out of it and they know that there will be I dont figure this call to beat the drums louder is going to help boost the report rates much.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:19 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
According to U, I 've been "damaged by rape"!!!
Garbage!!! Read what was written. Are you worried about being raped ?
Quote:
CAUTION is a very fine thing; there shoud be MORE of it.
More caution is paralysing.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:26 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
More caution is paralysing.
and a destroyer of the relationship between men and women if the rape feminists should ever be successful in re-branding men as first and foremost "potential rapist".....which no doubt is fine with them. It is not fine with me however, and their scare is not even fact based.

I happen to think that Americans are fed up with being fed fear in the attempt to further the agenda of the one spreading it, but I could be wrong. I sure hope not.
NAACP

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:30 am
@hawkeye10,
You're exactly right on this.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Do you not think you yourself are a little paranoid in terms of the threat these 'rape feminists' really hold?

The huge majority of women are heterosexual. They prefer men as sexual partners.
Do you really think that heterosexual women will jump on the bandwagon in enough numbers to 'rebrand' men as first and foremost 'potential rapists'?!

And that's not even taking into account that all women have fathers, some have brothers and sons - and the majority of them have not been sexually harmed by the men in their lives.

You don't give us women very much credit if you think that we are unable to logically figure out that- 'No - most men are NOT potential rapists' based primarily on what life has taught us.

And the majority of us don't even want to have to believe that all men are potential rapists.

You're beginning to sound hysterical - and as if you think women are stupid.
NAACP

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 02:00 am
@aidan,
"You don't give us women very much credit if you think that we are unable to logically figure out"

Sorry sweetie but 99.9% of women have NO logic or reason whatsoever. The seem to operate more on their own chaotic and sometimes psychotic selfish impulses from their emotions and use little to none of their brains. Now this may not be true for you however but for the women I've come in contact with it certaintly is.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 02:08 am
@aidan,
Quote:
And the majority of us don't even want to have to believe that all men are potential rapists.

You're beginning to sound hysterical - and as if you think women are stupid.
you seem to have missed the part where I said that I dont think that this fear campaign will work, for exactly the reasons you sight. I am however disgusted that it is being attempted.
Ionus

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 02:28 am
In Australia the percentage of successful convictions for domestic violence is 99.7 %. This is beyond human error.

They tell men that if they do not confess it will go hard on them. Men confess, thinking they are only getting a slap on the wrist but in fact they will never be allowed to own firearms, explosives, pyrothechnics, or work in industries that are CONNECTED with those industries including their import or export. This means mining and other industries are not allowed to employ them.

What does it require to be actually guilty of as opposed to just charged with domestic violence ? The man has to raise his voice. The woman is allowed to raise her voice, she is simply compensating for male dominance.

I have been guilty of domestic violence because they do not distinguish between appearing in court for a temporary order and actually being found guilty. All that is required for a charge of domestic violence is for the woman to make the accusation. I was remanded 5 times so I have 5 cases of domestic violence when the act was not even committed let alone me being convicted.

So the path is :
She makes the accusation.
You appear in court. If you plead guilty, go straight to permanent record. If you plead not guilty, you are remanded to appear before a trial judge and a temporary order is put in place, go straight to permanent record.
If you go to trail and are found innocent, nothing happens because by now divorce and settlement is over, and restraining orders etc have been worked through. If you are found guilty, you may have a further restraining order applied. Either way the permanent record is not touched.
Ionus

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 02:34 am
1 in 5 women has mental health issues. If it involves sex, there is a chance a woman will have a man charged with rape. 1 in 5 men has mental health issues. If it involves sex, there is a chance a woman will have a man charged with rape.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 02:39 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
1 in 5 women has mental health issues.
Excellent point, one that I must admit that I have been conditioned to not bring up in conversation, but which is highly relevant to the topic.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:45 am
@NAACP,
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/12/20/us/no-retrial-of-man-in-wisconsin-rape.html

NAACP wrote:
Is that an actual story? Because if it is I may never have sex again and this world is comepletely out of it's mind. 46 personalities? A girl "age 6" "informed" her afterward that she had been having sex? You've GOT to be ******* kidding me. That is the absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. If I were Mark, the moment I got out of prison I'd beat the ******* **** out of that woman and all of her 46 personalities, maybe all those extra "feelings" or whatever she gets from those extra personalities would make it hurt worse. I hope so, ******* ****. how do you prove you have 46 personalities anyway? What the flyin' **** man, what the flyin' ****? Life is simple, but we insist on making it complicated. Absurd.
Special to The New York Times
Published: December 20, 1990
MILWAUKEE, Dec. 19 — A prosecutor has decided not to retry an Oshkosh man who was convicted last month of sexually assaulting a woman believed by doctors to suffer from multiple personality disorder. The conviction was thrown out by a judge this week.

In a letter to the trial judge, District Attorney Joseph A. Paulus of Winnebago County said the ordeal of a second trial might cause the woman's condition to deteriorate.

The Circuit Judge, Robert Hawley, signed an order in Oshkosh today dismissing the charge of second-degree sexual assault against Mark A. Peterson, 29 years old. The judge ruled on Friday that Mr. Peterson should be given a new trial because a defense psychiatrist had been barred from examining the woman before the trial. Concerns About Personalities

Mr. Peterson was charged after having sexual relations with the woman in his car in an Oshkosh park on June 11, 1990. He was accused of sexually assaulting one of the personalities, age 20, while another personality, age 6, watched. Experts testified that neither personality was able to give consent.
Mr. Peterson had been convicted under a Wisconsin statute that prohibits sexual intercourse with a mentally ill person if the accused is aware of the victim's condition and if the illness impedes the victim's ability to understand the other person's conduct.

Mr. Paulus said in his letter to the judge that he had consulted with three doctors who told him it would "not be in the best interests" of the woman to go through another trial.

The doctors said the woman's condition "would likely worsen if she were to go through the preparation and strain of another trial," Mr. Paulus wrote.

The authorities said the number of personalities found in the woman had increased to 46 from 18 between the incident that led to the charges in June and the November trial.

The case grew increasingly troubled after Mr. Peterson's conviction. Among the developments was an allegation by a county employee who had counseled the woman that a crucial prosecution witness had a sexual relationship with the woman.

But prosecutors said today that the new evidence and allegations had played no role in their decision.

Mr. Peterson's lawyer, Mary Lou Robinson, said prosecutors had acted "overzealously, thoughtlessly and insensitively" in the case.
NAACP

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
What I would be very interested to know is how they "dicovered" or how they proved she has 46 different personalities? I mean, even as a doctor how do you go about diagnosing such a ridiculous claim? Lol I guess the next time I'm about to have sex I should ask the woman if she has some sort of mental illness.........that'll go over reeeeeeeeaaaaaaal smooth. Wink
aidan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:09 am
@NAACP,
Quote:
Sorry sweetie but 99.9% of women have NO logic or reason whatsoever. The seem to operate more on their own chaotic and sometimes psychotic selfish impulses from their emotions and use little to none of their brains. Now this may not be true for you however but for the women I've come in contact with it certaintly is.

Laughing Laughing Laughing And may I ask where, by and large, you come into contact with these women you come into contact with- 99.9% of whom operate on psychotic and selfish emotions and use little to none of their brains?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:15 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
1 in 5 women has mental health issues. If it involves sex, there is a chance a woman will have a man charged with rape.
1 in 5 men has mental health issues. If it involves sex, there is a chance a woman will have a man charged with rape.
I 'm reminded of our former friend, D; (we have not heard from her since around 1985),
who was very paranoid, progressively getting worse and rife with delusions.
(I used to take her to dinner, in accordance with her plaintive request;
she used to MAKE ME sit there and listen to her delusions,
triaging everything that she told me.)

D got a new apartment, but she bemoaned n lamented its condition.
My dead friend and tenant, Neil was a good mechanic; he offered to fix it up for her, staying there overnight for a while.
He arrived at home sooner than expected, explaining that D had awoken from sleep, accusing him of "psychic rape" against her,
during her sleep.

I told Neil:
"we all know that she 's crazy; it was bound to happen sooner or later."
HIs feelings were hurt; we all liked her.
She dropped out of sight.

David
aidan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:17 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
you seem to have missed the part where I said that I dont think that this fear campaign will work, for exactly the reasons you sight. I am however disgusted that it is being attempted.

No, I didn't miss that part, and that's why I can't understand why you worry so much about it.

It'd be like me walking around worrying about the men who think that 99.9% of women use what is described as their 'selfish and psychotic' emotions to make decisions instead of their logically functioning brains - because - oh yeah - a lot of women don't have those....

I mean either of those statements or perceptions - that all men are potential rapists and/or women have no brains are so out there that the majority of clear-thinking people of either gender will reject them - and that's 80% of people right? Because Ionus just said that 1 in 5 women have mental health issues - well that means that 4 out of 5 don't.

I'd give people of both genders more credit if I were you guys.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:39 am
@NAACP,
NAACP wrote:
What I would be very interested to know is how they "dicovered"
or how they proved she has 46 different personalities?
The D. A. calls a witness to the stand,
who testifies as to his professional education
and the history of his career, his curriculum vitae.
Opposing counsel asks for a voir dire, if he wants.
Offering counsel moves that the witness be declared an expert
in his profession. Adverse counsel opposes (or does not oppose) the motion.
The Court rules on the motion.
If expert witness status has been granted,
then the witness can give opinion testimony, based on his expertise.

"Q. Doctor, did u diagnose the complaining witness in this case ?
A. Yes.
Q. Can u tell us, with a reasonable degree of medical certainty,
what her psychological condition was as of the date in question ?
A. Yes. She had multiple personality disorder; 46 of them."

David
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:46 am
@aidan,
Quote:
No, I didn't miss that part, and that's why I can't understand why you worry so much about it.

Because the laws have changed a lot over my lifetime, and they are right now at the very edge of what I find tolerable. Even now with the way I play if I make a mistake and misjudge character and get messed up with the wrong woman she could at the very least cause me a lot of grief and expense by making a charge against me. I find this constantly having the guillotine knife above my neck annoying and draining.

When fellow BDSM'ers started getting the guy convicted of a sex charge and the girl labeled a victim when neither one of them asked for the police or claimed abuse to anyone was the moment that I started to take extreme notice of the legal situation as it impacts sexual and relationship freedom. I dont find Firefly's claim that so long as no women complain about me I wont have a problem reassuring, because I know 1) that is not always the case and 2) that means that women have the power to destroy me on a whim, which is wrong.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 06:02 am
@NAACP,
Its a well kept secret in psychological professional circles that a very large percentage of split or multiple personality cases are diagnosed by a very small percentage of doctors.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 06:45 am
Men raped in prison are more likely to rape women when they get out of prison.

Deryek Calderwood, Ph.D., "The Male Rape Victm", Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality, May 1987, pp.53-55

It appears at least as many men may be raped inside prison as women raped outside prison. From a study of one California Prison, 14% of men had been raped. Applied across the USA, this means 1,210,094 men raped for 1989/1990 when 119,780 women were raped which includes 55% above the number of reported rapes to include women who felt they had been raped but didnt report it.

Figures from

Office of Justice Programs

and

Wayne S. Wooden and Jay Parker, Men Behind Bars (New York: Plenum Press, 1982)

and

Christian Science Monitor, August 21, 1990, p. 20

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 06:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Makes it hard to help, doesnt it ? Sad.