This forum is useless

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 08:33 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Get over the fact that none of your posts reach the popular level as it now stands.
You are a very thick headed fellow...it has nothing to do with me personally, it has to do with optimizing a2k for the discovery of the truth, which once upon a time was the whole point of this place, thus the name ABLE TO KNOW!
Intrepid

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 08:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Get over the fact that none of your posts reach the popular level as it now stands.
You are a very thick headed fellow...it has nothing to do with me personally, it has to do with optimizing a2k for the discovery of the truth, which once upon a time was the whole point of this place, thus the name ABLE TO KNOW!

You are not bright enough to know the thickness of my head. Oh, yes, it has everything to do with you personally. You made it that way with your incessant whining about your posts not being seen. Maybe they aren't seen because folks are not interested in the stuff that you spout.

What is this crap about the discovery of the truth? How do know what the point of the place was meant to be? Is Robert aware of this?
dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 09:49 pm
@Intrepid,
Hawk means it ought to be for the discovery of the truth according to Hawk.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:13 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
and so my opinion keeps getting rationalized and dismissed. Which is only possible because you don't believe me that I am Zen. You cant ever get your mind around the fact that I don't have an ego in the fight.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
you are the vienna sausage of the zen hot dog family.

whining....................zen

whining......................zen

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

nope, can't get there from here...
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:24 pm
@Rockhead,
because to you pointing out problems=whining. I trust that you never watch the news or read a newspaper considering that both are to you whining mediums. You have the perfect recipe for staying ignorant, but some of us go the other way.
0 Replies

SammDickens

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:33 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 asked, "can anything truly entertain a cat ?"

Knowing that cats sometimes play with strings, I gave my cat a book on string theory, which she said was interesting in its exploration of quantum structures in a 10-dimensional framework, but that the paper kept getting stuck in her claws making it difficult to browse from page to page. This situation improved considerably, she said, when I informed her of the old trick of licking one's fing..., er, claw before turning the page.

Still I think you are right. She did seem amused by the book, and told me that it was good to see some trace of imagination among humans, even if it was sorely misguided in this instance, but I don't think I could say that she was really, truly "entertained" by it. Perhaps if I'd gone with the book on Chaos Theory...

Samm
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:38 pm
@SammDickens,
Sweet 16 dimensions... What happened to the other Strings ?
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:39 pm
@SammDickens,
Try Fabric of reality. Mr Kitten recommended it.
SammDickens

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:42 pm
@SammDickens,
My goodness! I've read a little more here. There seems to be a lot of animosity between the native members and the uninvited intruders from PF--animosity both ways. That's a shame. I can only apologize for this.

I'm very sorry that we have been unable to get along better. I pray for brighter days ahead, for all of us.

Samm
SammDickens

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:44 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
I can always rely on you, Pep, for the good advice! Very Happy

Samm
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:52 pm
@SammDickens,
I think the situation is improving and will improve more, SammDickens. Or so I hope.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:59 pm
@SammDickens,
We're all still finding our way...

This thread might expand the impression you've gotten in a more positive way... at least it did until the massive PM bombs were uncovered.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:09 pm
@SammDickens,
Quote:
the uninvited intruders from PF

I don't think you'll find even a handful of people who feel this way about the members of the old PF.

They were thoroughly invited, welcomed and many of their questions and complaints accommodated by almost everyone they encountered here (with a few rare exceptions).

roger

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:25 pm
@SammDickens,
I once had a German shepherd who completely destroyed a book. Like her master, she enjoyed a good book. I forget the title, but I'm sure it was a good one. She had very good taste.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:26 pm
@Butrflynet,
I always felt welcome. But then again some one at PF banned me so I was happy with a new Forum. The I join A2K prior to the merger ? Thât would make me a A2K would it not ? I really forgot the cronological order in this tugwar.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:28 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
But then again some one at PF banned me
Confess you sinner...what was your crime?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
and so my opinion keeps getting rationalized and dismissed. Which is only possible because you don't believe me that I am Zen. You cant ever get your mind around the fact that I don't have an ego in the fight.

Well, it is difficult to believe when I keep seeing your ego in those weird pants, with boxing gloves on, hitting people.

If you choose to withdraw from it the ring, PLEASE leave the shorts on until you get to your dressing room.
dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:36 pm
@SammDickens,
SammDickens wrote:

My goodness! I've read a little more here. There seems to be a lot of animosity between the native members and the uninvited intruders from PF--animosity both ways. That's a shame. I can only apologize for this.

I'm very sorry that we have been unable to get along better. I pray for brighter days ahead, for all of us.

Samm

It's the bad dramatic stuff that stands out...there's actually been lots of happy bonding and some good honest fights where people depart friends.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:37 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I once had a German shepherd who completely destroyed a book. Like her master, she enjoyed a good book. I forget the title,

Lassie?