45
   

This forum is useless

 
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 01:08 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Yep.....no point trying to get back at him now


Humm, what are we down to now...about five PF'ers?
laughoutlood
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 01:08 am
@dlowan,
especially from a forum as useless as
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 01:20 am
@dlowan,
I really could laugh out loud about that!
0 Replies
 
wayne
 
  3  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 01:21 am
@hawkeye10,
Appears that way.
I will endeavor to persevere, useless is as useless does.
Perchance the wind has cast my ship upon a far shore for a reason.

I must admit, at first I was disturbed, but am now becoming comfortable.
Does this speak well or badly of me? Have I become more, or less?
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 01:24 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:

Appears that way.
I will endeavor to persevere, useless is as useless does.
Perchance the wind has cast my ship upon a far shore for a reason.

I must admit, at first I was disturbed, but am now becoming comfortable.
Does this speak well or badly of me? Have I become more, or less?



More sweetie darling, more.

You can have both this AND that.
wayne
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 01:51 am
@dlowan,
Thank you.
This whole experience has been interesting to observe and take part in. I believe there are many factors involved in the disatisfaction of many of the transferies, not the least of which ( I believe ) is EGO. The old P.F. had a system of statistics and reputation points which created a few giants. While this system had it's positive effects, it was also great for feeding one's EGO. Everyone landed here on equal footing, more or less, those who found it difficult to be a man among men (so to speak) have exposed their weakness.

Of course, this is an opinion based on insight and may be way off the mark.
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 03:38 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:

Thank you.
This whole experience has been interesting to observe and take part in. I believe there are many factors involved in the disatisfaction of many of the transferies, not the least of which ( I believe ) is EGO. The old P.F. had a system of statistics and reputation points which created a few giants. While this system had it's positive effects, it was also great for feeding one's EGO. Everyone landed here on equal footing, more or less, those who found it difficult to be a man among men (so to speak) have exposed their weakness.

Of course, this is an opinion based on insight and may be way off the mark.


Well, it gels with the comments a couple of "stars" from this site's sort of predecessor, Abuzz, made when they came over...they were very concerned about starting as "newbies" (or hatchlings as they were called). A couple were quite confounded by it...as though their status on Abuzz should have been carried over to an entirely different site.

But hey...change is very hard for most humans, and this was all very abrupt.

It's hard to be a littler fish in a bigger pond!
xris
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 05:45 am
I just wonder what purpose it served. This forum is OK but it is nothing like the old one. This forum is just like so many others. I miss so many that did not appreciate the change. I wonder how many did we loose?
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 06:34 am
@dlowan,
damn
0 Replies
 
KaseiJin
 
  2  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 07:45 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Humm, what are we down to now...about five PF'ers?


I'd bet a bit more than just five (reminds me a radio demo program title I had had....just five [it was a 5 min. slot]). I'm one of these type (and xris as well as the others I more often posted towards can verify) that get busy at times, and just can't show up for weeks on end...or, if do, just to make a quickie and get back to my off-line work.

ps. I'll get back to you xris (on those two threads left hanging) but give me a bit more time, please...got some student help work...and a son with a broken leg (today....so much for future soccer players....hee, hee, hee...).

KJ
roger
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 10:28 am
@dlowan,
At least the Philos got to carry over their join date and post count.
0 Replies
 
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 10:45 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Humm, what are we down to now...about five PF'ers?


more than the android crew
0 Replies
 
jgweed
 
  3  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 10:55 am
@wayne,
The Pf scheme of reputation, built up by "thank you's" and "post count" wasn't taken, so far as I am aware, very seriously; many Members didn't even know how it worked, or the purpose of reputation--- which was really to allow the community too encourage and reward high quality posts.
I am sure there are better ways to achieve that than a mathematical calculation.

xris
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 12:40 pm
@KaseiJin,
No problem Kase, you have more important events in your life,Im sure..When ever you can, I look forward to your interesting and demanding posts.
0 Replies
 
xris
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 12:45 pm
@jgweed,
You never said so much when moderating the old forum...Justin in my opinion created everything that required a sustained and interesting forum. A golden age in my humble opinion. No signs of abuse and a well educated membership that gave me reason to aspire . Different rules with a moderator who would have banned me for what I have said in the last two days. Aint life strange?
Butrflynet
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 12:51 pm
@KaseiJin,
Quote:
and a son with a broken leg (today....so much for future soccer players....hee, hee, hee...).


Hope the break isn't too serious and that your son is quickly on the mend. Summertime has got to be the worst time for having to wear a leg cast.
wayne
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 12:50 am
@jgweed,
I thought it had it's positive attributes, but some of the posts made clear the connections to one's ego. Not neccessarily all bad on that account, also good for the self-esteem when one is aware of the dangers.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  2  
Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 12:55 am
@xris,
Quote:
Different rules with a moderator who would have banned me for what I have said in the last two days. Aint life strange?


I am interested to know what posts you have made recently which would have got you banned on FM....also, do you think it a good or bad thing that you have not been banned here for these posts?
xris
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 06:53 am
@dlowan,
Umm swearing...I avoided swearing on the old forum because no one was allowed to be abusive. I just retaliate now. I don't know if its good or bad, I'm just stating the obvious and the same moderator using to different rule books.
dlowan
 
  2  
Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:05 am
@xris,
Erm...NOT the same moderator.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

jani knig complaints - Question by janikingscam
Complaints and Complacency Thread - Question by failures art
A2K Forum Software Sux - Discussion by Chumly
Have a Complaint... - Discussion by Diest TKO
Spirit Airlines SUCKS - Discussion by SRF
 
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/29/2023 at 08:11:03