This forum is useless

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:46 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
You are definitely an a2ker. Well, it's my view that the participating philforum folk are, as much as the rest of us, whether or not philforum people stay only in the new group, or mingle on the larger board. We were all new once. But, you, Pep, have been a particular boost to have here.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:48 pm
@dlowan,
Old Yeller..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:53 pm
@dlowan,
No. Lassie was really a dude. She didn't have much truck with cross dressers.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:58 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Well, it is difficult to believe when I keep seeing your ego in those weird pants, with boxing gloves on, hitting people.
If you were more educated you would know that we don't pretend that we don't experience the ego, but we understand that it is a necessary illusion. We operate as if we have an ego, but we are not invested in it, we are not motivated by it. How many times have I riffed on a2k about a2kers assuming motivation when they have no right, when they are wrong??? Are any light bulbs illuminating for you?
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 12:03 am
@ossobuco,
Very Happy Smile Wink Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarrassed Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Mr. Green Not Equal Drunk

Words fail to express....
dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 01:01 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Well, it is difficult to believe when I keep seeing your ego in those weird pants, with boxing gloves on, hitting people.
If you were more educated you would know that we don't pretend that we don't experience the ego, but we understand that it is a necessary illusion. We operate as if we have an ego, but we are not invested in it, we are not motivated by it. How many times have I riffed on a2k about a2kers assuming motivation when they have no right, when they are wrong??? Are any light bulbs illuminating for you?

None that weren't on before.

And I can see you by their light.....

Must get rid of a few....
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 01:06 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pep does this say what you cannot?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 01:44 am
@GoshisDead,
I can not play the video; my roomie is still asleep.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 04:55 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Hawk means it ought to be for the discovery of the truth according to Hawk.
and so my opinion keeps getting rationalized and dismissed. Which is only possible because you don't believe me that I am Zen. You cant ever get your mind around the fact that I don't have an ego in the fight.

The fact that you consider it a fight says much about your ego.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 04:57 am
@SammDickens,
SammDickens wrote:

My goodness! I've read a little more here. There seems to be a lot of animosity between the native members and the uninvited intruders from PF--animosity both ways. That's a shame. I can only apologize for this.

I'm very sorry that we have been unable to get along better. I pray for brighter days ahead, for all of us.

Samm

Amen
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:00 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

I always felt welcome. But then again some one at PF banned me so I was happy with a new Forum. The I join A2K prior to the merger ? Thât would make me a A2K would it not ? I really forgot the cronological order in this tugwar.

Given your demeanour on this forum, I find it incredulous that you would be banned from PF. I think others would agree that you are a welcome addition to A2K
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:04 am
@Intrepid,
Thanks for the reassurance ! I was maybe more colourfull & erratic before. I am bit reserved now, carefull... I do not think this forum is useless; not to me.

PS Love the word-games
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:20 am
@Razzleg,
Quote:
Real philosophers have hardwood, laminate, or cement floors

Obviously from the stoics....I think the old guard is mostly hedonistic.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:23 am
@mismi,
Very well possible with a hard-wood floor. I just finished brooming and I am no stoïc at all !
mismi

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:24 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Do you have a rug on it?
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:27 am
@mismi,
No persian carpets in the flat. I use a broom, my roomie hoovers around... Razz
mismi

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:30 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
so it's brooms vs. hoovers

mmmmm....I see.

Wink
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:51 am
@mismi,
6 Days the Broom; Once a Week Hoover

Was he the X dresser ?
jespah

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 07:37 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pep, if I fly you to Boston, will you enjoy a Zen sweeping moment on my hardwood floors?

Wait, that sounded like a come-on, and me, I'm a married Boston Terrier.

Still, this is a lovely old house with a lotta dusty hardwood flooring.

Plus we have ice cream in the fridge.
High Seas

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 08:03 am
@jespah,
For $319.99 you can get a robot vacuum cleaner - works on all kinds of floors and pet hair and plugs itself back into its base when it finishes vacuuming the house. How much is the return ticket to Boston for Pep? Of course his conversation would be more interesting than the robot's Smile
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41d08HroaYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-Roomba-Vacuum-Cleaning-Robot/dp/B001I9024G