ARE YOU ORIGINAL A2Kr's Glad We Came, After All?

Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:31 pm
@stickystan,
stickystan wrote:

NO!

Oh wait, I'm not kicky, I'm sticky. I will let kicky himself answer when and if he is allowed back in these hallowed halls.

This first thing sticky and kicky will have to do is work on that dreadful avatar!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 02:43 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Hi Folks,
You've had a little taste of both our collective and individual mindset by now. So tell me/us, what do you really think, and are you glad to have us on board?
Thank you, all. Be merry.
Mark...

Hello, Mark.
A pleasure to make your acquaintance.

As I said in an earlier post here (somewhere! There have been so many philosophy threads! Smile ) We have gotten a bit stale around here & the influx of new posters is certainly welcomed (by me).

My only (small) quibble is that there have been so many threads by your group members that some (which I was interested in & contributed to) seem to have gotten lost. I really would have liked to have seen some of those threads developed further.

I must confess that the language of philosophy is a mystery to me, so I will probably not contribute to any of your really intense, serious discussions. However, I'm perfectly happy for you guys to have those sorts of discussions amongst yourselves (with others here so inclined).

I'd also like to encourage you all to join in on any of our discussions you might have some interest in. I see quite a bit of this happening already. Wonderful!

A warm welcome to all of you, I say! Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 02:49 pm
@msolga,
Ditto that MzOgla, fer sure!

<ahhhhhh there's Panz too - hell yeah Razz- missed you Panz - we should go kick up our heels in a dance I reckon - Edgar just played a goodie on WA2K - Tears of Rage - excellent!>

oh good lawd - sticky is kicky - 'bout time he showed up too - need some livening up round here!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:15 am
I may have set the expectation bar too high, when I was anticipating the arrival of the PF's.

Given what Robert has told us about recently, I've been saddened.

I'm working my way back to cautiously optimistic. I like a number of the PF'ers a lot, some I clearly don't "get". It's a mixed bag - just like real life.
djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:30 am
@ehBeth,
i guess i'm more puzzled by the single mindedness of the android and philosophical folks, i've only ever been a member of one topic specific forum, and even there the digression was more obvious than the need to stick to topics

i like the PF's and AF's i've met so far
ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:36 am
@djjd62,
yeah, I liked all of the AF posters whose posts I saw

they seemed like a really good bunch

you're right about the single focus of many of these two groups. the taunton groups I was involved with for years had much wider ranges of posting interests, even when they were brought together by very specific common interests (i.e. upscale carpentry)
farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:41 am
@ehBeth,
you mean theres a detail carpentry forum??? Get me the site name. I will be so there.

I am on the woodworkers world (I am Vlad the Nailer) But I dont get involved too much because it is pretty much all tools all the time. I wanna do some talk about woodworking. Every time Id start anything itd die from neglect.

Ive got so many tricks about making salad bowls from wood burls using an angle grinder, **** like that.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:57 am
@farmerman,
Yeh. It was only recently that I stopped getting the newsletters from what was it, Fine Woodworking? magazine (Taunton). I wasn't involved with a forum related to it.

Beth probably has the link(s)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 01:06 pm
@farmerman,
There are forums at taunton affiliated with each of their magazines - i.e. fine woodworking, fine homebuilding, fine cooking, threads, whatever the gardening one is called (that's where I met mrs. sealpoet)

knots is here http://forums.finewoodworking.com/

EdgarB at Abuzz (not edgarblyth) introduced a few of us to the site when Jeanne de Seattle was designing her music room. What an awesome project that was.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 01:57 pm
@farmerman,
Doesn't the grinding disc get loaded up pretty fast? How do you do that?
0 Replies