A2K Forum Software Sux

Chumly

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 07:39 pm
Phpbb and vbulletin are so much better than the new A2K software it's an embarrassment.

Such a shame, the rationale for reinventing the wheel wholly escapes me, especially if the wheel is a train-wreck, as it is in this case.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,761 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 07:42 pm
@Chumly,
Last year, on phpbb our traffic was shrinking month over month. With the new software it's exploded and last month was our record month in terms of visitors.

I'll trust numbers over some loud mouth any day.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 12:21 am
Sorry but I find your claim that this forum software is a function of increased traffic to be specious unless you can show me a definitive, third party, unbiased cause and effect as per old A2K forum software versus this forum software.

Otherwise it's simply the cliché of a Rain Dance "causing" the rain to fall and as such your claims of "it's exploded" would be to the detriment of your creditably as would your overt ad hominem.
Chumly

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 12:35 am
You don't even have some of the basic functions working consistently as one would expect of forum software, let alone ease of navigation and ease of access for basic functions and some reasonable proportionality for the page display.

I'm sorry but this forum software is still a big disappointment, I stick around due to some of the more interesting posters, and not in any way due to the new forum software.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 12:37 am
@Chumly,
Chumly, please don't ask the forum any more why you don't get along at work...
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 01:05 am
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:
Sorry but I find your claim that this forum software is a function of increased traffic to be specious unless you can show me a definitive, third party, unbiased cause and effect as per old A2K forum software versus this forum software.

Well I don't expect to convince you, the idea is for me to have the data to make an informed decision myself. And the data I have does not support your claim.

But hey, let's put your claim to the same test you advocate yourself:

"Sorry but I find your claim that this forum software sucks to be specious unless you can show me a definitive, third party, unbiased cause and effect as per old A2K forum software versus this forum software."

The strength of your conviction isn't enough, so what evidence are you using?

Quote:
I'm sorry but this forum software is still a big disappointment, I stick around due to some of the more interesting posters, and not in any way due to the new forum software.

Are you saying you used to stick around for the software? Otherwise this is pointless, of course you are here for people. Why wouldn't you be?
0 Replies