The American flag..

Freeman15

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 11:06 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39514 wrote:
My honor and beliefs are insure into my flag, the same flag that man have risk their lifes for,for over 200 years,,,men way better than you or I..and if you think it's just a piece of cloth, well than thats all it will ever be to you..

They didn't fight for the damned flag. They fought for their country, and there is a huge difference. Flags are pieces of cloth used to evoke emotional responses from people. Pledge yourself to an IDEA, not a NATION.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 11:08 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;39560 wrote:
Bush hasn't been impeached due to spineless Democrats...believe me, many want his head on a platter. It's due to spineless Republicans. They well know that they are needed in order to effect any procedural movement. Whether out of party pride or the black eye it would reveal, they refuse to turn on Bush.
It's about integrity, or the lack thereof.
When Nixon was imminently in danger of being impeached, there were conscientious Republican Congressmen who sought to do the right thing by the American people, despite party affiliation. We don't have that now....we haven't had that in quite some time.

The Democrats have a majority in both houses, they can impeach the guy.

Remember, impeachment does not equate to removal from office.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 12:28 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;39670 wrote:
The Democrats have a majority in both houses, they can impeach the guy.

Remember, impeachment does not equate to removal from office.

Do you know how government works...obviously not. The Democrats have a razor thin edge majority in the Senate, and not much more in the House....to even start proceedings, there has to be a consensus of Republicans and Democrats...the Democrats can do nothing on their own, or perhaps , you haven't noticed.
Freeman15

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 01:16 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;39673 wrote:
Do you know how government works...obviously not. The Democrats have a razor thin edge majority in the Senate, and not much more in the House....to even start proceedings, there has to be a consensus of Republicans and Democrats...the Democrats can do nothing on their own, or perhaps , you haven't noticed.

Impeachment proceedings can be begun with a simple majority vote in the House. The Senate tries the case. This is American Politics 101 level stuff. Democrats have a majority, regardless of how thin, so they CAN impeach the guy, they simply won't.
wvpeach

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 06:55 am
@Freeman15,
The democrats seem to have a problem even getting legislation passed. And they have to have a super majority to make it veto proof.

I seriously doubt they could get the votes for impeachment. There are at least six dems who are dems in name only . Like Joe liberman.

I'd like to see a complete shake up in the government. No dems , no republican incumbents. But if they are all we have we need to try to give the dems a super majority this next election .

Freeman15;39674 wrote:
Impeachment proceedings can be begun with a simple majority vote in the House. The Senate tries the case. This is American Politics 101 level stuff. Democrats have a majority, regardless of how thin, so they CAN impeach the guy, they simply won't.
Freeman15

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:41 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39684 wrote:
The democrats seem to have a problem even getting legislation passed. And they have to have a super majority to make it veto proof.

I seriously doubt they could get the votes for impeachment. There are at least six dems who are dems in name only . Like Joe liberman.

I'd like to see a complete shake up in the government. No dems , no republican incumbents. But if they are all we have we need to try to give the dems a super majority this next election .

That depends entirely on who wins the presidency. As Bush's first six years showed us, single party control over the legislature and white house only leads to trouble. I'd like to see a Republican House, Democratic Senate, and a president in Ron Paul.
wvpeach

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 11:22 am
@Freeman15,
the last time the two parties split the congress and the senate was during Clinton I believe and not much got done.
mlurp

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 06:05 pm
@briansol,
briansol;38984 wrote:
we are world-wide, not just US... so in order to be PC, i'd need to add a flag for many nations.

if someone can find a list of resonably sized flags for all countries, i'll consider it

Try this site. National Flags - Google Image Search
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 06:15 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39684 wrote:

NO!
We need a party added that is of and for the people. Not a third party idea. But a choice made of and by the people. The people set the American agenda.
Do away with the money and 3,000 + American counties get it started.
What we have now isn't working. It has sold itself and us out. Big Business own this Country. And I won't mention the Machiavellians or the others. Start there and we will have change, development and growth. Plus make a few more friends World Wide. Now you get this started and I will register to vote.
Gee was it I that got off topic or has this thread wipped and chaged course? lol
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 07:15 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39724 wrote:
the last time the two parties split the congress and the senate was during Clinton I believe and not much got done.

That's the idea.
mlurp

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 07:23 pm
@Freeman15,
My idea and none of this split B.S. would happen. Both eyes open and fresh blood and values. The tree of Liberty needs pruning. A house cleaning and change or it is business as usual. And we aren't included in the process again.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:44 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;39751 wrote:
That's the idea.

I think we are at a very bad time in history to be at a stalemate. In fact if they do not get their butts in gear we may not have a country to worry about.

Something like the North American Union will exist .

But the US as we knew it will just be a memory.
Freeman15

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 11:05 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39826 wrote:
I think we are at a very bad time in history to be at a stalemate. In fact if they do not get their butts in gear we may not have a country to worry about.

Something like the North American Union will exist .

But the US as we knew it will just be a memory.

The Senate has to approve any treaty the president crafts, and only the Congress can coin money. I like the idea of a Congress unable to pass legislation during this time.
wvpeach

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 11:41 am
@Freeman15,
Well nothing the government has done has helped till now so I don't guess we should ruin their record.

Let the country fall to ruins while the governments record remains solidly that they did nothing to stop it.

Okay i get it.

Freeman15;39830 wrote:
The Senate has to approve any treaty the president crafts, and only the Congress can coin money. I like the idea of a Congress unable to pass legislation during this time.
mlurp

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:19 pm
@wvpeach,
found this and it is on topic I think....
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:25 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39838 wrote:
Well nothing the government has done has helped till now so I don't guess we should ruin their record.

Let the country fall to ruins while the governments record remains solidly that they did nothing to stop it.

Okay i get it.

The answer is less government, not more government. When was the last time our government did something right? Better yet, when was the last time a major policy decision didn't competely backfire?

Keep them from doing much of anything, and I'll be happy. The government that governs least governs best.
wvpeach

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 01:01 pm
@Freeman15,
In 1935 when President Roosevelt signed the social security act.
Freeman15

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 08:18 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39849 wrote:
In 1935 when President Roosevelt signed the social security act.

The same act that will bankrupt this country through the baby boomers?

Even if SS was valid, that's 72 years of crap legislation. Not a good record.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 08:32 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;39889 wrote:
The same act that will bankrupt this country through the baby boomers?

Even if SS was valid, that's 72 years of crap legislation. Not a good record.

SS is valid , and responsible for millions of elderly and disabled persons having some modicum of quality life...Let's hope you never grow old, or disabled...it's bad enough not having even a vestige of a heart.
Freeman15

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:41 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;39890 wrote:
SS is valid , and responsible for millions of elderly and disabled persons having some modicum of quality life...Let's hope you never grow old, or disabled...it's bad enough not having even a vestige of a heart.

I was referring the enormous detriment it will become when it bankrupts this nation, and nobody has any measure of social welfare. Let's not be so quick to judge shall we?