The American flag..

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 10:55 am
To who ever is in command,,,,,,can we have an American Flag on icon????I would love to show my pride for this Great nation...:thumbup:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,203 • Replies: 100
No top replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:26 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
That is all fine and good , but I hope you realize that some actually have set the American flag up as a idol and seem to worship it .

They put so much stock it that symbol that it goes against what we are taught in the bible.

So be careful America first , I hope you do not really mean to put America or its flag before God.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:29 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
moved to the water cooler, this isn't a social issue
briansol

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 01:35 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
we are world-wide, not just US... so in order to be PC, i'd need to add a flag for many nations.

if someone can find a list of resonably sized flags for all countries, i'll consider it
Freeman15

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 09:46 pm
@briansol,
If America gets a flag, I demand a Norwegian flag as well. Armenia and Togo wouldn't hurt either. Togo Pride Bitches!!!!!
92b16vx

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 10:02 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
http://www.glocktalk.com/images/smilies/patriot.gif
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:17 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
ok, that's one.

now, for the other countries?
mlurp

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 12:22 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;38969 wrote:
That is all fine and good , but I hope you realize that some actually have set the American flag up as a idol and seem to worship it .

They put so much stock it that symbol that it goes against what we are taught in the bible.

So be careful America first , I hope you do not really mean to put America or its flag before God.

wvpeach the Bible says no image of God or Christ I would think. Not a flag.
The flag of every nation is to draw the people together. Ours with the gold braids on it (guess what that means, War) But still it makes us feel closer as people.
But I see in every church I have been in a picture of Christ. Some very different depending on the views and the church membership in a corporate structured business model.
Wave the flag people........... It isn't a sin! Thank the Lord, for the freedom it shows we still maintain. So your doing both right.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 12:57 am
@briansol,
briansol;39060 wrote:
ok, that's one.

now, for the other countries?

http://www.glocktalk.com/images/smilies/flagsisraelsmilie.gif
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 03:56 am
@mlurp,
mlurp

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in the heaven above or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth, thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord they God am a jealous God , visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.

No likeness of anything in the heavens , nor on the earth, nor in the water beneath . I think God pretty much covered it all when he said this mlurp. And it is not just talking about likeness of men and animals it is talking about things like crosses, and yes flags if the person is calling them sacred there is a problem.

Now I do not believe the problem comes when people fly a flag. I believe the problem comes when people become zealots about the flag, as many do. And certainly pledging allegiance to the flag goes against the commandments of God. Our allegiance is to belong to nothing but God.

So yes by all means fly a flag, and be proud of it as a American symbol. But always remember that it is just that a symbol , a piece of cloth, no reason to get carried away about it. Because the bible tells us that all Nations and creeds of man will eventually come sabbath to sabbath and worship together God and our Lord. I do not think flags of the nations will be the same ones if any at all that we have now.

mlurp;39064 wrote:
wvpeach the Bible says no image of God or Christ I would think. Not a flag.
The flag of every nation is to draw the people together. Ours with the gold braids on it (guess what that means, War) But still it makes us feel closer as people.
But I see in every church I have been in a picture of Christ. Some very different depending on the views and the church membership in a corporate structured business model.
Wave the flag people........... It isn't a sin! Thank the Lord, for the freedom it shows we still maintain. So your doing both right.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:20 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;38969 wrote:

There two things I love besides my family in this world, one is my cross and the other is the American flag..
0 Replies

AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:25 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;38971 wrote:
moved to the water cooler, this isn't a social issue
who pissed in your cornflakes?
0 Replies

AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:26 am
@briansol,
briansol;38984 wrote:
we are world-wide, not just US... so in order to be PC, i'd need to add a flag for many nations.

if someone can find a list of resonably sized flags for all countries, i'll consider it
Your the boss man...Very Happy
0 Replies

AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:29 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;39043 wrote:
If America gets a flag, I demand a Norwegian flag as well. Armenia and Togo wouldn't hurt either. Togo Pride ***es!!!!!
So I take it your not an American?
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:32 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;38969 wrote:

God love's America!!
wvpeach

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:51 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
I assure you God loves people

If God does indeed love nations , you can be sure he loves others besides just America

AMERICAFIRST;39091 wrote:
God love's America!!
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 05:09 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39100 wrote:

If God does indeed love nations , you can be sure he loves others besides just America
Well I will ask him that the next time we talk..
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 05:24 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39100 wrote:

It's unbelievable, the arrogance that is displayed...if God created man, do people think that God displays human traits of weakness, jealousy, bias, and prejudice? Or is it, the other way around, that, "on occasion", man rises above his sinful and imperfect nature, and displays some attributes of God, such as unconditional love, and unselfishness? I'd sooner believe the latter.
And, excuse me, America hasn't been so 'sparkling" as to draw the favor of God, by a longshot. I'd say He is more than displeased (if I can assign a human trait to God, yet, again.) I am almost sure, God is above human politics (which basically boils down to "I'm better than you" or "you need to listen to me".
If God shares the human trait of humor, rest assured, He is laughing his whatever off at how stupid we all are...and how we continue to make the same mistakes, over and over.
wvpeach

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 05:34 am
@aaronssongs,
Good post Aaron

well said.

aaronssongs;39110 wrote:
It's unbelievable, the arrogance that is displayed...if God created man, do people think that God displays human traits of weakness, jealousy, bias, and prejudice? Or is it, the other way around, that, "on occasion", man rises above his sinful and imperfect nature, and displays some attributes of God, such as unconditional love, and unselfishness? I'd sooner believe the latter.
And, excuse me, America hasn't been so 'sparkling" as to draw the favor of God, by a longshot. I'd say He is more than displeased (if I can assign a human trait to God, yet, again.) I am almost sure, God is above human politics (which basically boils down to "I'm better than you" or "you need to listen to me".
If God shares the human trait of humor, rest assured, He is laughing his whatever off at how stupid we all are...and how we continue to make the same mistakes, over and over.
0 Replies

AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 05:45 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
I could careless about what other people think about my country,if they don't like than they should stop taking our aid and kiss our ass..God bless America.. if we can't stand up for America, than we have no right to be here..