Blackwater Draws Down On U.S. Soldiers

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 09:40 pm
Does Blackwater Play By Its Own Rules in Iraq? - Newsweek: World News - MSNBC.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,878 • Replies: 107
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:33 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
I wonder what kind of unit that was. We would have ziptied, and bagged em if they tried that **** on us.
mlurp

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:50 pm
@92b16vx,
I understand they unarmed the troops and had them lie on the ground till they got the bumpers untangled. If I was there I would have lobed a grenade and opened up, knowing the men with me would have responded as trained once gunfire was heard. Now these troops will face possible artical 15's and if not they will be laughed at by their own platoon and company. when I wore the uniform I would die before being a joke. Hek even though we weretold not to fire entill fire upon. I opened up and got my ass chewed out later by our Quatermaster major. But my fire team knew I was protecting them as I was the M-60 gunner.
Freeman15

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:14 am
@mlurp,
I suspect the soldiers involved in this incident were non-combat arms guys. Realistically, infantry or armor guys in a combat area wouldn't have allowed themselves to be disarmed.

Blackwater and other contractors are some bad mamma jammas though. Most of them are former special forces types, so I'd be curious to know what the outcome of a firefight would've been.
92b16vx

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:51 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;41390 wrote:
I suspect the soldiers involved in this incident were non-combat arms guys. Realistically, infantry or armor guys in a combat area wouldn't have allowed themselves to be disarmed.

Blackwater and other contractors are some bad mamma jammas though. Most of them are former special forces types, so I'd be curious to know what the outcome of a firefight would've been.

Actually most of them are not, a lot of them are, but it is not the majority.
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 06:24 am
@FedUpAmerican,

Black Water is a U.S. terrorist group operating in Iraq.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:27 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41406 wrote:

The American version of alQueda perhaps.
Brian764

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:32 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;41409 wrote:
The American version of alQueda perhaps.

Yes or even worse.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:52 am
@FedUpAmerican,
So then, since America supports terrorist groups such as Blackwater, should Americans remain complacent if a foreign army comes into OUR country to remove its leadership? After all, we actually DO have WMD's.

Or, as Americans, would you fight like hell?

Like the insurgents in Iraq are doing.
Brian764

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 07:58 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;41418 wrote:
So then, since America supports terrorist groups such as Blackwater, should Americans remain complacent if a foreign army comes into OUR country to remove its leadership? After all, we actually DO have WMD's.

Believe me when I say this, American will fall and when it does all the evil that it has committed against others will come crashing down on its head.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:00 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Please expand on that. What do you mean?
Brian764

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:13 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;41422 wrote:
Please expand on that. What do you mean?

The United States, to quote Martin Luther King, the civil right activist, "America is the greatest purveyor of violence around the world. The Bible says, "What ever we sow we shall reap."

The U.S.A. has sown oppression and violence in many parts of the world, through the supporting and propping up of dictators. The fruits of these evils will come back against this nation one day. I am not talking about just another 911, I am talking about such devastation that it will make the poorest country in the world look wealthy by comparison.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:21 am
@FedUpAmerican,
With all due respect, to me it sounds like the doom and gloom prophecies that Christians have been spouting for centuries. I don't believe it will happen in quite that way.

Thank you for explaining.
Brian764

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:28 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;41426 wrote:
With all due respect, to me it sounds like the doom and gloom prophecies that Christians have been spouting for centuries. I don't believe it will happen in quite that way.

Thank you for explaining.

They never believed the prophets either when they spoke but sure enough all the things that they spoke did happened.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 08:34 am
@FedUpAmerican,
That my friend is the topic of another thread. I wish you well.
hatukazi

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 12:09 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
If US troops have the right to be in Iraq, they should be granted the right to deal with any obstacles (especially from their own country) in a manner that leaves them as safe as can be expected in a war(?) zone.
if disarming US troop is in Blackwater Security's sphere of influence, they are the ENEMY of the US army and should be targeted as such from now on.
They teach you in basic training that your rifle is your wife.
If you lose her you are DEAD!

...against all threats foreign AND domestic.
hatukazi

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 12:20 pm
@hatukazi,
Oh, I almost forgot, if this is a WAR as our president says, then the ONLY armed Americans that have the right to be there should be wearing U.S. military uniforms.
0 Replies

mommamia

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 12:36 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
This is just a sad sad day for the us military.

I may be wrong, but a military aquantience of mine says that blackwater operatives are just better armed, and have better body protection than the american troops. Perhaps this is why they were able to unarm the troops?

Quote:

It's high time americans stop being lazy and get our own government under control, before some other country decides to do it for us.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:23 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41406 wrote:

funded by the US government,to the tune of over a billion dollars !
hatukazi

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 02:15 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
funded by our govt. AND paid 3 times as much as our soldiers who have pledged to give their lives for this country.

If the government is resorting to hiring mercenary thugs to accomplish their goals, then let em' have the mercs.

Bring our soldiers HOME and let them raise their families, not to be threatened by the $$$$ of their own country.