University of Delaware: All whites are racist

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 04:20 pm
@socalgolfguy,
Very HappyVery Happy
socalgolfguy;48409 wrote:
Let me ask you, Scoob - which candidate would you vote for, if you were American, of course.

To be honest i havent made my mind up yet,we all have our own views and opinions on things,now i know the right loathe hilary with a passion,but hse is a highly intelligent women,i also like obama,biden and edwards,but i think i will go for a clinton/obama ticket,now that would really piss off right-wing america Very Happy a liberal woman and a liberal blackman in the white house.
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 04:23 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48414 wrote:
Very HappyVery Happy

To be honest i havent made my mind up yet,we all have our own views and opinions on things,now i know the right loathe hilary with a passion,but hse is a highly intelligent women,i also like obama,biden and edwards,but i think i will go for a clinton/obama ticket,now that would really piss off right-wing america Very Happy a liberal woman and a liberal blackman in the white house.

So, you would vote for a ticket just to piss off your adversaries..?
C'mon, that's pretty childish.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 04:49 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48415 wrote:
So, you would vote for a ticket just to piss off your adversaries..?
C'mon, that's pretty childish.

I think they are both highly intelligent articlulate people,something you cant say about the current president,who quite frankly is a joke figure worldwide,i will back any democrat who is nominated.

What republican,will be getting your vote,because you wont be voting democrat,thats for sure.
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 04:52 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48424 wrote:
I think they are both highly intelligent articlulate people,something you cant say about the current president,who quite frankly is a joke figure worldwide,i will back any democrat who is nominated.

What republican,will be getting your vote,because you wont be voting democrat,thats for sure.

DUNCAN HUNTER
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 04:55 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48425 wrote:
DUNCAN HUNTER

F**k ive got more chance than he has !
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 07:52 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48427 wrote:

i'd vote for you.

:peace:Scooby '08!
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:09 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48427 wrote:

True enough but he's a principled man of action and clarity.
0 Replies

ImpyGirl

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 12:57 pm
@Silverchild79,
While I feel that racism is a huge problem, I think it's a harsh generalization to say that all white people are racists. I am white and I can safely say that I am no racist. I don't go around ignoring racism and pretending it doesn't exist, either. I stand up and speak out against it. There are still too many white supremacists out there, imo, but racism isn't a one way street! 'Reverse racism' exists as well.
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:04 pm
@ImpyGirl,
ImpyGirl;48531 wrote:
While I feel that racism is a huge problem, I think it's a harsh generalization to say that all white people are racists. I am white and I can safely say that I am no racist. I don't go around ignoring racism and pretending it doesn't exist, either. I stand up and speak out against it. There are still too many white supremacists out there, imo, but racism isn't a one way street! 'Reverse racism' exists as well.

Astute, Impy. Reverse racism is rampant. I see examples daily from so-called minorities (in SoCal, the combined minorities are now the majority) playing the race card for everything from getting a restaurant table to disputed parking tickets. I blame the WWII generation for not correcting the wrongs back in the '40s and '50s when the issues were boiling to the surface.
Emiliana

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:06 pm
@ImpyGirl,
I think that the best that most of us can hope for (no matter our race) is to be a "recovering racist". Thinking that people who look different than us and have different traditions and behaviors are "less" may be genetic. Humans are ethnocentric and judge others by our own standards and values. :dunno:
Emiliana

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:13 pm
@Emiliana,
Reverse racism is an insulting term to minorities.

It implies that racism against minorities is expected or even the norm, and that racism against whites is not.

Racism is simply racism.

Just sayin' Smile
Emiliana

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:16 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48533 wrote:
I see examples daily from so-called minorities (in SoCal, the combined minorities are now the majority) playing the race card for everything from getting a restaurant table to disputed parking tickets. I blame the WWII generation for not correcting the wrongs back in the '40s and '50s when the issues were boiling to the surface.

I agree with you, SoCal.

It should have been addressed long ago and not by half assed programs like affirmative action that were put in place while Jim Crow laws still existed.
ImpyGirl

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:26 pm
@Emiliana,
Emiliana;48540 wrote:

It implies that racism against minorities is expected or even the norm, and that racism against whites is not.

Racism is simply racism.

Just sayin' Smile

I completely agree that racism is racism. That's why I put "reverse racism" in quotes. It's a silly term that doesn't even make much sense. The definition used in the article about the school defines racism as something only white people partake in, though. I wanted my point to be clear and since "reverse racism" is somewhat of a popular term I figured it would do the job.

I'm sorry if using it offended you or anybody else, that wasn't my intention.
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:28 pm
@Emiliana,
Emiliana;48540 wrote:

Racism is simply racism.

Just sayin' Smile

Minorities hate the term because it refocuses the issue of racism on them, period. Af-Ams, Lats, Asians, whatever, cannot deny that racism is just as pervasive with them as with whites. Anyone that denies that fact is only fooling themselves. Unfortunately, the chasm is growing wider with every new accusation that makes the news. I grew up with very liberal leanings and held those views until I was accused and sued for bias where none existed. I mentioned it here before, but I even had a dwarf on my payroll for a time. No employer was more tolerant than me.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:34 pm
@ImpyGirl,
ImpyGirl;48549 wrote:
I completely agree that racism is racism. That's why I put "reverse racism" in quotes. It's a silly term that doesn't even make much sense. The definition used in the article about the school defines racism as something only white people partake in, though. I wanted my point to be clear and since "reverse racism" is somewhat of a popular term I figured it would do the job.

I'm sorry if using it offended you or anybody else, that wasn't my intention.

Your opinions will not offend anyone here. Just do not lose your dignity.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:35 pm
@Emiliana,
Emiliana;48543 wrote:
I agree with you, SoCal.

It should have been addressed long ago and not by half assed programs like affirmative action that were put in place while Jim Crow laws still existed.

Tolerance is everyone's responsibility, not just your's or mine - everyone. Start right now.
Emiliana

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:37 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48557 wrote:
Tolerance is everyone's responsibility, not just your's or mine - everyone. Start right now.

Oh, I'm being extremely tolerant right now. Very Happy
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 03:22 pm
@Emiliana,
Emiliana;48540 wrote:

Racism is simply racism.

Just sayin' Smile

you have incorrectly used the term "reverse-racism", reverse racism is the opposite of racism! It is not racism towards whites but favorism to minorities.

while racism is a hate towards a certain race,
reverse racism is a favorism towards a certain race.

while both are bad hate is a much greater problem than favorism.
Emiliana

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 07:38 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48579 wrote:
you have incorrectly used the term "reverse-racism", reverse racism is the opposite of racism! It is not racism towards whites but favorism to minorities.

while racism is a hate towards a certain race,
reverse racism is a favorism towards a certain race.

while both are bad hate is a much greater problem than favorism.

It's a misnomer. Racism is racism. I do see what you're saying, but there really is no difference. :dunno:
Numpty

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 08:09 pm
@Emiliana,
Emiliana;48597 wrote:
It's a misnomer. Racism is racism. I do see what you're saying, but there really is no difference. :dunno:

Ya'll American right?

WTF is reverse racism? you either hate another colour, race, religion or you don't, there isn't a reverse,...LMFAO,

How can a black person who hates white people be a reverse? it's RACISM no matter the way in which it is meant.

You Americans really can't deal with it after all these years can you. I have a very good friend who lives in Atlanta and F' me he is as tolerant as you can get, but some of you uys, well I just don't get it. Some one please explain