University of Delaware: All whites are racist

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:02 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;44176 wrote:
My good man if there is one thing that I will not stand for, it is racism from any nationality or colour. It is high time we accepted that a persons colour does not dictate their social destiny. We are well into the 21st Centurary yet we are stil blighted by our ancestors and they way in which they treated certain members of the world community.

You may or may not know but the first slave ships from africa were started by a Scottish family as a way of making money off very cheap labour. We live with aftermath even today. I wish people could rise up, break off their ancestoral shackles and become the people they have the potential to be. All it takes is grit, determination and a belief that it can be done.

Please do not be offended, I do not mean it to be so. It just frustrates me that colour is an issue today in our world.

I am not offended..and I appreciate your commentary...My mother, saint that she was, taught me what MLK stated years later in his "I have a dream " speech...that it is not the color of our skin that matters, but the content of our character...I have always honored that teaching of my mother...so for anyone to call me racist is just not reality. Do I disagree with "white privilege"...indeed, I do! And by that I mean:

0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:28 pm
@Silverchild79,
I here you man. Even in this country we get caught up with things that have a detremental affect on our community.

I personally think that too much is made of a 'black persons achievements'.

now i hope i get this right because it is not meant in a racist manner in any way.

We have a yearly awards ceremony similar to the MTV awards, it is called the MOBO awards, Music of Black Origin. Now on the face of it, yeah cool I can buy into that, reggae, hip hop, rap all them good things, enjoyed by millions, the world over.

Now if we were to truely eliminate racism we in this country would not have this type of award. It frustrates me that someones colour has to be involved in the making of the show. Why the not the music of african origin.

Surely if we are to truely emalgemate as a society we have to cast asside all of our phobias regarding colour and race.

I don't know the answers but surely by elimnating the stautus of colour from everything we can make a start.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:33 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;44182 wrote:
I here you man. Even in this country we get caught up with things that have a detremental affect on our community.

I personally think that too much is made of a 'black persons achievements'.

now i hope i get this right because it is not meant in a racist manner in any way.

We have a yearly awards ceremony similar to the MTV awards, it is called the MOBO awards, Music of Black Origin. Now on the face of it, yeah cool I can buy into that, reggae, hip hop, rap all them good things, enjoyed by millions, the world over.

Now if we were to truely eliminate racism we in this country would not have this type of award. It frustrates me that someones colour has to be involved in the making of the show. Why the not the music of african origin.

Surely if we are to truely emalgemate as a society we have to cast asside all of our phobias regarding colour and race.

I don't know the answers but surely by elimnating he stautus of colur from everything we can make a start.

Well, to go with my argument...if the playing field were level, and all people were valued...then there would be no need to have the "black this", or the "ebony" that....because people would get props based on the merits.
But until then...if we can't get props from the establishment (read: white establishment) then we'll give it to ourselves.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 10:52 pm
@Numpty,
I have an unrelated question:

how do you change the little subtitle under your name?

EX: ' Junior member'
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 08:19 am
@Silverchild79,
Go to your "user cp", then "edit profile", there you will find the option to change that.
Tulip cv

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 10:09 am
@markx15,
I agree that all people with a lighter skin pigmentation naturally are better, smarter, faster, brighter, stronger, superior, more intuitive, and perceptive and wonderful and gracious, and humble and kinder and happier and funner and wittier, and well simply better...
Tulip cv

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 10:10 am
@Silverchild79,
better than...
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 11:57 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44184 wrote:
Well, to go with my argument...if the playing field were level, and all people were valued...then there would be no need to have the "black this", or the "ebony" that....because people would get props based on the merits.
But until then...if we can't get props from the establishment (read: white establishment) then we'll give it to ourselves.

Isn't Condoleeza Rice black? Clarence Thomas? Colin Powell? Barrack Obama?

Blacks are 12.9% of the US population according to the CIA, so AT MOST they should occupy 12.9% of the government. Whites are 81.7% of the population, and so it's a given that the "establishment", regardless of the amount of time removed from segregation or slavery, will be white. You seem to think that a minority should have equal share of a section of population. That doesn't jive with elementary mathematics my friend.

So since minorities collectively can't occupy more than 18.3% of any population within this country in order for us to achieve equal representation, what do you propose be done to "fix" the "problem" of the "white establishment"?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 07:44 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44184 wrote:

What kind of props do you expect from the next Establishment -- you know, the Brown Establishment that'll own the house here about 30 years? :dunno:
xjohnx

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 08:32 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44307 wrote:
What kind of props do you expect from the next Establishment -- you know, the Brown Establishment that'll own the house here about 30 years? :dunno:

You hate brown people or something? racist.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 05:49 am
@xjohnx,
xjohnx;44319 wrote:
You hate brown people or something? racist.

Not at all, and that's not what I said or implied. My whole life has spent studying and working in the Latin community. My wife is Latin, for Heaven's sake. What I meant was that many Blacks have become addicted to railing against the White Establishment, which is quickly surrendering to a Hispanic Establishment, as America becomes increasingly Hispanicized. From what I've observed, that new, dominant culture will not be nearly as tolerant of Black radicalism and dependency as the White Establishment. Latins don't play, as they say. Many Blacks should be careful about what they ask for. They might get it. Old Man Whitie is their only guilt-ridden scapegoat. Without him, they'll be on their own in a hostile and uncaring world.:no:
Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:39 am
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
Isn't Condoleeza Rice black? Clarence Thomas? Colin Powell? Barrack Obama?

For some, they aren't truly black because the are perceived to be "Uncle Toms" due to their political leanings. You see, equality can't exist in politics in some liberal minds, one must be on the side of liberalism to be black enough! To them, conservative blacks don't exist.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 03:56 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;44247 wrote:
I agree that all people with a lighter skin pigmentation naturally are better, smarter, faster, brighter, stronger, superior, more intuitive, and perceptive and wonderful and gracious, and humble and kinder and happier and funner and wittier, and well simply better...

i hope this is satirical!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 06:35 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44092 wrote:
I don't understand you because you can't spell...and you don't care. Now that's not only "sad", but trifling.

Oh....yeah. Aaron claims to be a 'published' writer (internet / MySpace.com), and views himself as an authority of sorts on the English language. He accounts for his own mistakes by dismissing them as 'professional license'.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 02:30 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Quote:
Originally stated by Tulip

i hope this is satirical!

yes!!! Just joking, couldn't resist....
0 Replies

klyph

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 04:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
Everyone is racist. I am, and so are you. There is a healthy level of racism and an unhealthy level. Hate crime and other race driven legislation are part of the problem and only serve to perpetuate animosity between races. You can't legislate morality or personal beliefs.

The fact that the university of delaware made a curriculum with the first two words being "All whites" makes them as racist as anyone.
(Generalization)+(Race)=Racism

Quote:
I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years in the desert after getting chased out of Egypt, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you, so shut up already.
Tulip cv

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 08:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Everyone is racist. I am, and so are you. There is a healthy level of racism and an unhealthy level. Hate crime and other race driven legislation are part of the problem and only serve to perpetuate animosity between races. You can't legislate morality or personal beliefs.
klyph

naw, that is not true. The U of D is making a mockery of the laws of your country, and of the right for all to be treated equal...this has nothing at all to do with morality except that it lacks morality...it is painfully obvious that as a place that is considered to be reputable and respected by society, it is lacking either...and moreover is ignorant, really incredibly ignorant...in fact whoever decided to use those words needs to be kicked out of his or her office.

it is time that our "civilization" wakes up and changes attitude and believes that are old and shamefully ignorant...this sort of stupidity is embarrassing in a culture that is supposedly based on freedom and the rights of all humanbeings to freedom and liberty.
klyph

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 10:05 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;44993 wrote:
this sort of stupidity is embarrassing in a culture that is supposedly based on freedom and the rights of all humanbeings to freedom and liberty.

agreed.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 01:33 pm
@klyph,
klyph;44955 wrote:

The fact that the university of delaware made a curriculum with the first two words being "All whites" makes them as racist as anyone.
(Generalization)+(Race)=Racism

What kind of racism are you talking about? I'm not a biological racist, but I am critical of cultures that fall short of meeting minimal standards of Civilization. For example, I consider any culture in which human decapitation, dismemberment, live-burials, execution by stoning, and other despicable atrocities normal daily business, loathesome and in dire need of Civilization. If that's racism, count me as one, although I disagree. It's crazy to believe the color of one's skin has anything to do with his psychological and/or intellectual development.
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 03:54 pm
@Silverchild79,
Good point Pino...their are idiots on one side and idiots on the other side...
0 Replies