University of Delaware: All whites are racist

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 09:16 am
Holy God I'm suing these asshats

WorldNetDaily: University to students: 'All whites are racist'

this will be terrible news to my best friend who's asian, or my other good friend who's white and married to a african american. Who would have thought we were racists all along? :beat:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,840 • Replies: 136
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 04:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
i think everybody has prejudice to some degree....but what this university asserts is assenine!
0 Replies

Mad as Hell in NC

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 04:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
And they are called "Istitutions of higher learning" What a bunch of Bozos !!

Mad
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 06:01 pm
@Mad as Hell in NC,
Mad as Hell in NC;44029 wrote:
And they are called "Istitutions of higher learning" What a bunch of Bozos !!

Mad

Well, it's a cinch you didn't go there....the word is "institutions".
Freeman15

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:43 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44039 wrote:
Well, it's a cinch you didn't go there....the word is "institutions".

Aaron, we all knew what he meant. Thanks for ignoring the rest of his post though.

Many of my childhood friends attend(ed) UD (go Blue Hens!), and I thought about attending when they accepted me.....glad I didn't. They haven't mentioned significant brainwashing....though they do sometimes speak in a series of beeps and pops while marching......
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:55 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;44058 wrote:
Aaron, we all knew what he meant. Thanks for ignoring the rest of his post though.

Many of my childhood friends attend(ed) UD (go Blue Hens!), and I thought about attending when they accepted me.....glad I didn't. They haven't mentioned significant brainwashing....though they do sometimes speak in a series of beeps and pops while marching......

You know, I'm kinda sick and tired of people taking communication so lightly.
How much time does it take to read over one's post, to make sure that words are spelled correctly, and that your meaning is "clear"...some folks care, and others don't.
Freeman15

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 12:35 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44059 wrote:
How much time does it take to read over one's post, to make sure that words are spelled correctly, and that your meaning is "clear"...some folks care, and others don't.

Clearly he doesn't care then, so why point it out?
0 Replies

xj0hnx

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 12:36 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44059 wrote:

Considering all you seem to be able to muster up is emotional dribble instead of facts in every post I have seen you make an apearance in today, you shouldn't be instructing others about "communication".
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 02:17 am
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;44076 wrote:
Considering all you seem to be able to muster up is emotional dribble instead of facts in every post I have seen you make an apearance in today, you shouldn't be instructing others about "communication".

I don't understand you because you can't spell...and you don't care. Now that's not only "sad", but trifling.
rugonnacry

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:45 am
@Silverchild79,
YEt another hijacked thread courtesy of our resident homoblack with a chip on his shoulder
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 10:07 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;44116 wrote:
YEt another hijacked thread courtesy of our resident homoblack with a chip on his shoulder

I resent the label of "resident homoblack". What the hell is that? Are you the resident heterowhite? Do you see how that plays? Why couldn't you address me by name?
And just because you perceive me as having "a chip" on my shoulder, I assure you, nothing could be further from the truth..."my chip" is no bigger than yours...we won't delve any "further"...you say you've been away, and now you return with a vengeance? Or "a chip"?
0 Replies

mommamia

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 10:19 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
our resident homoblack

That was a little over the line IMHO.

Someone at UD has some issues. I am not racist, and would resent that label. I have met people of all colors who are racist, and racism does exist.
I have dealt with sexism myself, but wouldn't say that all men are sexist.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 10:22 am
@mommamia,
mommamia;44136 wrote:
That was a little over the line IMHO.

Someone at UD has some issues. I am not racist, and would resent that label. I have met people of all colors who are racist, and racism does exist.
I have dealt with sexism myself, but wouldn't say that all men are sexist.

Thank you , mommamia.
mommamia

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 11:54 am
@Silverchild79,
Just calling a spade a spade.
One of my favorite people in the whole world is a black gay man. I love him, and my children love him, and I would be very offended to hear someone call him any degrading name.

I would also be offended by anyone who says because of my race I am racist. That is a racist statement in its own right. As a women in a traditionally white male dominated career field, I have seen my share of sexism and racism. And I have also seen many white males stand up for me and other minorities. I will be sure to caution my students from applying or attending UD, this is brainwashing.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 01:14 pm
@mommamia,
mommamia;44144 wrote:
Just calling a spade a spade.
One of my favorite people in the whole world is a black gay man. I love him, and my children love him, and I would be very offended to hear someone call him any degrading name.

I would also be offended by anyone who says because of my race I am racist. That is a racist statement in its own right. As a women in a traditionally white male dominated career field, I have seen my share of sexism and racism. And I have also seen many white males stand up for me and other minorities. I will be sure to caution my students from applying or attending UD, this is brainwashing.

But you see...it is mostly "white men" that have "the problem"...they have been in control for so long, and the power has seduced and corrupted them so, that losing said power is just "unthinkable", and they will resort to any means necessary to retain it. A question of "power-sharing" never is entertained...with women, with blacks, with anyone other than themselves.
I notice them, together, on my sojourns to the inner city...downtown...groups of them...all sizes, different ages, all in different states of repair...walking...on their way , to and from the offices...going to lunch, and other sundry excursions...joking with each other...acting like they "own the world"...once in a while accompanied by some lone black corporate type, or some woman, or a few women, occasionally black or hispanic, but rarely "white"...as they are in "pack mode", and have to put a clear division between their counterparts, "white women", and themselves, if they're to "retain power". And so it's "boys club"...with the subservients in tow.
But they are well on their way to becoming "the new minority", as Hispanics are rapidly becoming "the majority" in these United States....and I, for one, am gleeful. Let's see how well they take what they have given out for so long...my guess is that the lot of them will bitch and moan, like the girly men that they really are...as they whine and complain that they are being "marginalized" and treated as "second class citizens"...and that they must unite in order to take back what is rightfully theirs...."white privilege".
Alas...the day of reckoning is fastly approaching.
mommamia

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 02:12 pm
@Silverchild79,
Sorry aaron I just find that to be a racist p.o.v.
I wouldn't say all white folk aren't racist, they exist. Since I recently moved from the west coast to the heartland, I meet more and more of them everyday. But I also see the good in people of all races. In the area I grew up in, a white kid had alot more to fear being in the "wrong" neighborhood than the black kids did. That doesn't mean I think that all blacks are somehow violent and hateful towards whites. Making broad remarks and including everybody of a certain physical characteristic in that statement is some kind of -ism.
And not all white men are worried about hispanics. Privately my husband and his partner have told me they would rather hire a hispanic than an american of any color (which I agree is racist). And no they aren't hiring illegals and paying them $2 and hour, these guys are paid a reasonable of at least $15/hour.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 02:33 pm
@mommamia,
mommamia;44152 wrote:
Sorry aaron I just find that to be a racist p.o.v.
I wouldn't say all white folk aren't racist, they exist. Since I recently moved from the west coast to the heartland, I meet more and more of them everyday. But I also see the good in people of all races. In the area I grew up in, a white kid had alot more to fear being in the "wrong" neighborhood than the black kids did. That doesn't mean I think that all blacks are somehow violent and hateful towards whites. Making broad remarks and including everybody of a certain physical characteristic in that statement is some kind of -ism.
And not all white men are worried about hispanics. Privately my husband and his partner have told me they would rather hire a hispanic than an american of any color (which I agree is racist). And no they aren't hiring illegals and paying them $2 and hour, these guys are paid a reasonable of at least $15/hour.

Of course I did not mean to suggest that "all" white men are that way...but a sizable portion "are"....one need look no further than government to see that the allegation is true....look further to law enforcement...look to corporate America...look at financial institutions...look at the educational system...
"White men" run things...to deny it, is to deny the obvious...they want you to know that they do....look at the protests on this very board...that an "uppity" negro would dare challenge them (an "uppity" "gay" negro , at that!!), sets them into hysterics. What? I'm racist for pointing out "truth"?????? Don't hate the messenger...hate the message. Better yet, don't hate the message...Discuss.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 06:50 pm
@Silverchild79,
Man you Americans really haven't gotten over the race thing. The hate that is fostered because of another persons skin really does astounds and saddens me.

I work on a daily basis with people from Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, India, Africa, Russia, Lithuania, Poland, Estonia, Brazil, South Africa, the list goes on. Each and Everyone is treated equally and respected Equally, they all work for me without fear of persicution and I will NOT have it any other way.

I am sorry guys I have been to America very recently and I saw it with my own eyes, it's not just about white racists but black and mexican and all the other wonderful nationalities you have there.

I tried to spark up a converstation a number of times, and boy did they think I just walked of the 'who the **** do you think you are talking to me' boat. Too many chips on too many shoulders from ALL nationalities over there guys.

Well that's my Limey piece over with, enjoy!
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 07:26 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;44166 wrote:
Man you Americans really haven't gotten over the race thing. The hate that is fostered because of another persons skin really does astounds and saddens me.

I work on a daily basis with people from Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, India, Africa, Russia, Lithuania, Poland, Estonia, Brazil, South Africa, the list goes on. Each and Everyone is treated equally and respected Equally, they all work for me without fear of persicution and I will NOT have it any other way.

I am sorry guys I have been to America very recently and I saw it with my own eyes, it's not just about white racists but black and mexican and all the other wonderful nationalities you have there.

I tried to spark up a converstation a number of times, and boy did they think I just walked of the 'who the *** do you think you are talking to me' boat. Too many chips on too many shoulders from ALL nationalities over there guys.

Well that's my Limey piece over with, enjoy!

Numpty, you don't even have to tell me....For almost most of my adult life, I've been walking around with "blinders" on, "pretending" that racism is not that big a deal, and that if we just "kumbaya, my lord", we'll all get through....well, darn if someone close to me, who is from a European country, didn't open my eyes to the racism, in and around me, that I had been in denial of...I started to see things through his eyes, and what I saw was "ugly", and "painful".
So, perhaps, there is where my anger and resentment comes from...I can no longer deny that it's real...it's in my face...it's in your face, and folks are unwilling to admit it, let alone talk about it.
Only to have it underscored by the comments and postings on this board.
Some folks have even tried to minimize such hateful imagery as "a noose", or such a disgusting label as the "n" word, claiming that blacks, "as a rule", use it "daily", so why not them? Hell, I don't use the word...and I don't hang around people that use the word....contrary to popular belief, the black community is not monolithic... or "stereotypical"....we all don't eat watermelon, wear "do rags", are named Jamekia or Jamal, speak in ebonics, vote strictly Democratic, live with mama, can't find a job...sling drugs, rob, steal, lie, or cheat...and if you think so...you've been watching too much CW TV.
So, albeit "late', before anyone else judges me so harshly for my beliefs and my positions...try to think outside of your little "white" boxes, for a minute. And that goes for those brown boxes "passing" for "white boxes.
Numpty

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 07:39 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44174 wrote:
Numpty, you don't even have to tell me....For almost most of my adult life, I've been walking around with "blinders" on, "pretending" that racism is not that big a deal, and that if we just "kumbaya, my lord", we'll all get through....well, darn if someone close to me, who is from a European country, didn't open my eyes to the racism, in and around me, that I had been in denial of...I started to see things through his eyes, and what I saw was "ugly", and "painful".
So, perhaps, there is where my anger and resentment comes from...I can no longer deny that it's real...it's in my face...it's in your face, and folks are unwilling to admit it, let alone talk about it.
Only to have it underscored by the comments and postings on this board.
Some folks have even tried to minimize such hateful imagery as "a noose", or such a disgusting label as the "n" word, claiming that blacks, "as a rule", use it "daily", so why not them? Hell, I don't use the word...and I don't hang around people that use the word....contrary to popular belief, the black community is not monolithic... or "stereotypical"....we all don't eat watermelon, wear "do rags", are named Jamekia or Jamal, speak in ebonics, vote strictly Democratic, live with mama, can't find a job...sling drugs, rob, steal, lie, or cheat...and if you think so...you've been watching too much CW TV.
So, albeit "late', before anyone else judges me so harshly for my beliefs and my positions...try to think outside of your little "white" boxes, for a minute. And that goes for those brown boxes "passing" for "white boxes.

My good man if there is one thing that I will not stand for, it is racism from any nationality or colour. It is high time we accepted that a persons colour does not dictate their social destiny. We are well into the 21st Centurary yet we are stil blighted by our ancestors and they way in which they treated certain members of the world community.

You may or may not know but the first slave ships from africa were started by a Scottish family as a way of making money off very cheap labour. We live with aftermath even today. I wish people could rise up, break off their ancestoral shackles and become the people they have the potential to be. All it takes is grit, determination and a belief that it can be done.

Please do not be offended, I do not mean it to be so. It just frustrates me that colour is an issue today in our world.