University of Delaware: All whites are racist

klyph

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 07:03 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45053 wrote:
What kind of racism are you talking about? I'm not a biological racist, but I am critical of cultures that fall short of meeting minimal standards of Civilization. For example, I consider any culture in which human decapitation, dismemberment, live-burials, execution by stoning, and other despicable atrocities normal daily business, loathesome and in dire need of Civilization. If that's racism, count me as one, although I disagree. It's crazy to believe the color of one's skin has anything to do with his psychological and/or intellectual development.

I mean that when i meet someone, I take their outward appearance into account when forming my first opinions of them. If I am trying to decide whether I trust someone without knowing them very well, I seek to ascertain what type of person they are by using the only means available to me: the way they dress, talk, act, AND the color of their skin does play a minor role in my "face value" judgements. Call me racist, I know that I am.
The reason that I take the color of a persons skin into account is because I have been "taught" by the actions of the majority of that person's race, to expect certain negative traits from that person. Granted, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, But when I encounter a black person, I find myself concerned that they might assault me, because, in the past, I have been assaulted by a group of afro-americans. When I encounter a hispanic, I am concerned for the safety of my ungaurded property, since, in the past, I have had things stolen by hispanic people. I find that my personally learned stereotypes align astonishingly well with the popular stereotypes, and have come to the conclusion that these stereotypes are there because they are largely true.
I have a simple method for combating racism: If you're black, don't act like a worthless thug gangster nig. If you're hispanic, don't be an illegal immigrant thieving spic. If you're white, don't be an ignorant redneck honkey.
I'm doing all that i can to combat racist stereotypes by living my life above them, and if minorities do the same by giving positive contributions to society, they too are combating racism. Legislating hate crimes and brainwashing students is not the answer.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 08:40 pm
@klyph,
klyph;45089 wrote:
I mean that when i meet someone, I take their outward appearance into account when forming my first opinions of them. If I am trying to decide whether I trust someone without knowing them very well, I seek to ascertain what type of person they are by using the only means available to me: the way they dress, talk, act, AND the color of their skin does play a minor role in my "face value" judgements. Call me racist, I know that I am.
The reason that I take the color of a persons skin into account is because I have been "taught" by the actions of the majority of that person's race, to expect certain negative traits from that person. Granted, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, But when I encounter a black person, I find myself concerned that they might assault me, because, in the past, I have been assaulted by a group of afro-americans. When I encounter a hispanic, I am concerned for the safety of my ungaurded property, since, in the past, I have had things stolen by hispanic people. I find that my personally learned stereotypes align astonishingly well with the popular stereotypes, and have come to the conclusion that these stereotypes are there because they are largely true.
I have a simple method for combating racism: If you're black, don't act like a worthless thug gangster nig. If you're hispanic, don't be an illegal immigrant thieving spic. If you're white, don't be an ignorant redneck honkey.
I'm doing all that i can to combat racist stereotypes by living my life above them, and if minorities do the same by giving positive contributions to society, they too are combating racism. Legislating hate crimes and brainwashing students is not the answer.

I understand your point-of-view, and at one time, spoke your language. Now, however, I have learned enough and pondered these issues enough, to feel obligated to re-program much of my thinking. If anything could ever define me, let it be my devotion to Jesus and America.:thumbup:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 07:37 pm
@Pinochet73,
My devotion is to Liberty, Equality, Reason, and The constitution!

I am not proud of America but rather the ideals America was founded on, but in times when the constitution is ignored i will be ashamed to call my self an American... those times are now!
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 07:56 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45053 wrote:
What kind of racism are you talking about? I'm not a biological racist, but I am critical of cultures that fall short of meeting minimal standards of Civilization. For example, I consider any culture in which human decapitation, dismemberment, live-burials, execution by stoning, and other despicable atrocities normal daily business, loathesome and in dire need of Civilization. If that's racism, count me as one, although I disagree. It's crazy to believe the color of one's skin has anything to do with his psychological and/or intellectual development.

White people used to behead and hang their enemies and criminals, some native Americans scalped enemies, some older European peoples impaled enemies on stakes to scare would be invaders. Cruelty and brutality are not monopolized by dark skin. Most civilizations that still use brutality in these ways are third world and backwards. You've never been, but seriously, aside from cars, most of places like Iraq look like they did probably two hundred years ago. I don't think that it is our laws, or christian ideals that make us not a brutal culture (we are still very brutal, just in different ways), I think it is a moderization, a progressive nature that has realized that these things are not needed to be powerful. We use a different means to teh same end.

On the topic of racism, I do not understand how people that want to call for unity such as the ACLU, NAACP, and other organizations, expect to get a progressive discourse going, when the very mentoin of the N word, still invokes slavery and hatred, even though there isn't a person alive that was a slave for a white left in America (I personally know a girl that was sold into white slavery by the Mexican Mafia, but that's another story). At some point, in order to go forward, we have to reconcile the past.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:34 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44039 wrote:
Well, it's a cinch you didn't go there....the word is "institutions".

This kind of disrespectful response is exactly why no one enjoys your posts, except, of course, for other crybabies that blame everyone but themselves for their shortcomings.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:36 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44092 wrote:
I don't understand you because you can't spell...and you don't care. Now that's not only "sad", but trifling.

Trifiling..? Please....
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:38 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44138 wrote:
Thank you , mommamia.

Maybe she'll give you a hug and make it all better.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:40 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44150 wrote:
But you see...it is mostly "white men" that have "the problem"...they have been in control for so long, and the power has seduced and corrupted them so, that losing said power is just "unthinkable", and they will resort to any means necessary to retain it. A question of "power-sharing" never is entertained...with women, with blacks, with anyone other than themselves.
I notice them, together, on my sojourns to the inner city...downtown...groups of them...all sizes, different ages, all in different states of repair...walking...on their way , to and from the offices...going to lunch, and other sundry excursions...joking with each other...acting like they "own the world"...once in a while accompanied by some lone black corporate type, or some woman, or a few women, occasionally black or hispanic, but rarely "white"...as they are in "pack mode", and have to put a clear division between their counterparts, "white women", and themselves, if they're to "retain power". And so it's "boys club"...with the subservients in tow.
But they are well on their way to becoming "the new minority", as Hispanics are rapidly becoming "the majority" in these United States....and I, for one, am gleeful. Let's see how well they take what they have given out for so long...my guess is that the lot of them will bitch and moan, like the girly men that they really are...as they whine and complain that they are being "marginalized" and treated as "second class citizens"...and that they must unite in order to take back what is rightfully theirs...."white privilege".
Alas...the day of reckoning is fastly approaching.

First part is pure crapola but I agree so called "whites" will be in the minority soon enough.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:45 am
aaronssongs;47350 wrote:
ll

There are certain areas of the world where the intensity of sun exposure rendens survival difficult for white-skinned people.

I hate it when posters do not proof read their posts for spelling errors....
0 Replies

Dustin cv

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 11:45 am
@Silverchild79,
That's nuts... I'm white and I know I'm not racist.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 11:50 am
@Dustin cv,
Dustin;47938 wrote:
That's nuts... I'm white and I know I'm not racist.

You are one of the younger generation that has the greatest opportunity the world has ever known. You can change the world. Start by throwing all the current batch of dems and repubs to the curb. None of them are worthy of your trust. Not a single one.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 12:45 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;47940 wrote:
You are one of the younger generation that has the greatest opportunity the world has ever known. You can change the world. Start by throwing all the current batch of dems and repubs to the curb. None of them are worthy of your trust. Not a single one.

Partisanship is one of the main reason our nation's first president hated political parties so much. I think this nation would get rid of all political parties and each canidate would decide on the issues based on merit rather than what their own party thinks about the issue, this would help stop the mudslinging of political parties and help lighten the "beast of buracreacy"

For this is the reason i choose not to asscociate myself with any political party.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 01:01 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;47965 wrote:
Partisanship is one of the main reason our nation's first president hated political parties so much. I think this nation would get rid of all political parties and each canidate would decide on the issues based on merit rather than what their own party thinks about the issue, this would help stop the mudslinging of political parties and help lighten the "beast of buracreacy"

For this is the reason i choose not to asscociate myself with any political party.

For another shining example, look at labor unions. Their corrupt leaders muscle the membership into voting one way or another as a block to serve their personal needs. If the members benefit also, well, so much the better. But their advocacy is purely personal. I have seen numerous union bigwigs in their silk suits and Rolex watches driving their Mercedes and BMW's to high flying events, all paid for by union dues.
0 Replies

klyph

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 04:22 am
@Silverchild79,
I guess I'm not so much a racist as I am a good judge of character at a glance Smile
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 06:53 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;44092 wrote:
I don't understand you because you can't spell...and you don't care. Now that's not only "sad", but trifling.

I rarely check this site anymore because I had tired of prosperous Americans who are completely unappreciative of the freedoms and opportunities. Yes, I'm talking to those who spew anti-military and anti-American HATE speech (and yet refer to themselves as "tolerant").

Based on the quote posted above, I see that those "well read, sophisticated, intelligent" haters who keep the debate at a kindergarten level are still thriving here on CV. Keep making such valuable use of your time! (FYI: It is highly unlikely I will see any responses to my post....I usually have more productive things to do.)
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 07:59 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;47940 wrote:

So will you not be voting republican in the next election,socal ?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 08:03 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;48288 wrote:
I rarely check this site anymore because I had tired of prosperous Americans who are completely unappreciative of the freedoms and opportunities. Yes, I'm talking to those who spew anti-military and anti-American HATE speech (and yet refer to themselves as "tolerant").

Based on the quote posted above, I see that those "well read, sophisticated, intelligent" haters who keep the debate at a kindergarten level are still thriving here on CV. Keep making such valuable use of your time! (FYI: It is highly unlikely I will see any responses to my post....I usually have more productive things to do.)

I bet you still love a little peek,to see whats being said Very Happy
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 01:05 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48299 wrote:
So will you not be voting republican in the next election,socal ?

Still lookin' for the best candidate.....
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 03:57 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48312 wrote:
Still lookin' for the best candidate.....

Obviously a democrat then :thumbup:
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 04:11 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48402 wrote:
Obviously a democrat then :thumbup:

Let me ask you, Scoob - which candidate would you vote for, if you were American, of course.