Democrats now want to Ban the War on Terror

lizwitch

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:27 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;18050 wrote:
Read Sun Zu's "Art of War." If you are in business, it will help your ability to maintain your business. If not, it will help you understand how conditions can change to prevent a country from acting in it's own self-interest.

If our country is unable to act it is unable to defend its citizens rights under the constitution. This is happening now overseas with our expats. It is happening now in the US with our public institutions being undermined by a steady infulx of illegals who sap our public infrastructure's economic basis.

Look at the effect of 911 on our internal freedom here in the US. Did we give up some of our freedom in order to maitain a level of security we had a long time ago? Why? What changed to cause this? Was it because of one act of a small group of terrorists, or was it caused by our inaction against external threats over a longer period of time? Was it because our processes and systems were so poorly designed or maintained or evaluated that they couldn't detect the internal threat until after it happened? Why? Is all of this based on a gradual erosion of our freedom and ability to act as free citizens? Could any of these answers indicate our republic is under internal and external threat?

I know, this doesn't fit with the we are the world mentality, but it is undermining our ability to maintain our freedom under the Constitution.

9/11 did nothing to our friends and constitutional rights - our governments reaction to 9/11 did. Spying on American citizens means that we are their enemy. The fact that you are all overseas and our national guard as well is why the after math of Katrina got so out of hand - didn't the president join the national guard (although he did go awol there too) to get out of serving in combat?

Our freedoms are being taken from us by our own government - our armies are being used for things that jeapordize our security not enhances it. You are being used - you are being used as cannon fodder and the army belongs to the people not the government - that is what the constitution says - if you are protecting us from enemies - you are in the wrong place - our government is the one that is treating the us citizens like enemies - Why else would you all be over there dying for their oil riches - and quite frankly we get nothing out of the deal but to pay higher prices then every before....do you get it yet?
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:07 pm
@lizwitch,
lizwitch;18100 wrote:
9/11 did nothing to our friends and constitutional rights - our governments reaction to 9/11 did. Spying on American citizens means that we are their enemy. The fact that you are all overseas and our national guard as well is why the after math of Katrina got so out of hand - didn't the president join the national guard (although he did go awol there too) to get out of serving in combat?

Our freedoms are being taken from us by our own government - our armies are being used for things that jeapordize our security not enhances it. You are being used - you are being used as cannon fodder and the army belongs to the people not the government - that is what the constitution says - if you are protecting us from enemies - you are in the wrong place - our government is the one that is treating the us citizens like enemies - Why else would you all be over there dying for their oil riches - and quite frankly we get nothing out of the deal but to pay higher prices then every before....do you get it yet?

You better not make a single gas purchase after things stabalize in Iraq and we see a dollar fifty at the pumps. That will mean YOU used the deaths of american soldiers for your gain too.

Or is it okay to use there blood to fill up your car? After all you didn't order them into action.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:25 pm
@Silverchild79,
I'm sure she don't wanna think about that.
0 Replies

lizwitch

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:33 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;18117 wrote:
You better not make a single gas purchase after things stabalize in Iraq and we see a dollar fifty at the pumps. That will mean YOU used the deaths of american soldiers for your gain too.

Or is it okay to use there blood to fill up your car? After all you didn't order them into action.

I'm not the one who wants you there fighting so I can make money or pay less money - I'm simply pointing out that there are only a few people gaining anything from the spilled blood of our military's and the iraqi people and it ain't none of us...not you, not I and certainly not the Iraqi people.

How does that make you feel? It pisses me off that anyone is profitting from any war - if this war is so damned good - whose it good for and where does that result appear?
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:54 pm
@Silverchild79,
Name one american war that was not about money. If you can do that I will anstain from this argument.

Revolutinary War = Taxation without representation.

War of 1812 = Brittain wants the USA back

Civil War = (Do not try and come at me with it was about slavery LOL) The south had the natural resources, and the norht wanted them.

WW1 Our trade allies were being fukked off so We played big brother

Korean War - Our First Real Communism Driven War. Communism does not work into THE USA global trade market.

World War 2 = We quit selling oil to Japan Japan on the verge of destruction sees only way out as attacking USA.

(korea was after WW2)

Vietnam War- same as Korea Communism does not promote global trading with USA

Persian Gulf War... Sadam would not sell us oil so we could not let him take control of oil

Iraq invasion... as you said, Oil.

Here is a site showing I believe Most all American Conflicts
through 2003... I think It misses Somalia at a glance.

Again not a single war not derived by Money.

Now if you can sit there was astraight face and NOT just out of spite say that None of our conflicts were needed, I would truly like to hear an explanation.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:59 pm
@lizwitch,
lizwitch;18168 wrote:
I'm not the one who wants you there fighting so I can make money or pay less money - I'm simply pointing out that there are only a few people gaining anything from the spilled blood of our military's and the iraqi people and it ain't none of us...not you, not I and certainly not the Iraqi people.

How does that make you feel? It pisses me off that anyone is profitting from any war - if this war is so damned good - whose it good for and where does that result appear?

So what does your car run on again?
lizwitch

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:27 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18176 wrote:

So what makes you think that no one else would sell us oil? What makes a war necessary - and what is Iraq the only country left with oil to sell us? Get real - what did we do before we invaded Iraq?
Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:30 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:

He is asking a question so he can refute your stance, won't you answer?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:58 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;18194 wrote:

I'll answer, gas. From oil we buy for less from the middle east, after selling to other countries for more, to continue making billions instead of taking care of America. Multinational corporations would rather make billions and billions instead of taking care of their own country. Make more excuses for them.
rugonnacry

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 07:35 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18195 wrote:
I'll answer, gas. From oil we buy for less from the middle east, after selling to other countries for more, to continue making billions instead of taking care of America. Multinational corporations would rather make billions and billions instead of taking care of their own country. Make more excuses for them.

Now where did you get that astute, intelligent, well researched, information about buying cheap and selling ours for more?

That must be from a good looking well educated young professional.

Oh wait its me LOL
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 07:43 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;18194 wrote:
Personally i think i ask pretty simple questions. But for some reason the answer you would expect often leads to some contradictionary statements? I would bet the Lizwitch puts on some sizable mileage every year, so instead of helping her argument turns out she is just like us but is hesitant to admit her personal abuse. I find that hypocritical and i believe so would most every reasonable person you run into.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 07:59 am
@lizwitch,
lizwitch;18192 wrote:
So what makes you think that no one else would sell us oil? What makes a war necessary - and what is Iraq the only country left with oil to sell us? Get real - what did we do before we invaded Iraq?
Quote:
So what makes you think that no one else would sell us oil?
Who do you buy your oil from? As far as i know we buy oil from just about every body who has oil to sell. Do you understand the pricipal of free trade? Ever wonder why any country would feel the need to protect such an enterprise?
Quote:
What makes a war necessary -
What makes it necessary is the fact that you like to walk outside very mourning and get in you car. When you turn the key a marvalous thing happens, it starts with the use of oils. If you didn't have that nasty habit every mourning you think we would be fighting over there?
Quote:
and what is Iraq the only country left with oil to sell us?
Nope.
Quote:
Get real - what did we do before we invaded Iraq
We baught it like we always do. Where did you say you buy your gas?
In an earlier post you asked this.
Quote:
whose it good for and where does that result appear?
I'd like you to answer this question for yourself and if you wouldn't mind, let me know what you come up with? Mind you, i already know the answer. "whose it good for " is you "and where does that result appear? " it results every time to start your car(s)! Anything else i can help you with?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 08:05 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18195 wrote:
Why do you work for a living? Is it perhaps to make money? Do you believe you enjoy free enterprise? So you believe these multinational corps should be taking care of you, because that's what you are essentially saying? "Make more excuses for them" What's your excuse for making a buck?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:02 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18212 wrote:
Why do you work for a living? Is it perhaps to make money? Do you believe you enjoy free enterprise? So you believe these multinational corps should be taking care of you, because that's what you are essentially saying? "Make more excuses for them" What's your excuse for making a buck?

We aren't talking about me. If you can't draw a line from A to B and figure it out, than you might as well not even bother commenting.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:18 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18222 wrote:
We aren't talking about me. If you can't draw a line from A to B and figure it out, than you might as well not even bother commenting.
Why do you exclude your own personal behavior? It is applicable to the dicussion. Why do you complain about corps making money in a free and open market when by the same token you operate and profit from the same system. Why is it ok for you and not for them?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:25 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18225 wrote:
Why do you exclude your own personal behavior? It is applicable to the dicussion. Why do you complain about corps making money in a free and open market when by the same token you operate and profit from the same system. Why is it ok for you and not for them?

Can you really not understand the difference between a small family operated business that sells helicopter parts, and a multinational corporation that sells our nations resources to other countries, and then buys the very same thing from the same countries we war with? If you can't understand what is wrong with selling our resources to foreign countries, then buying them back from another instead of using them here, you are hopeless, and like I said, keep making excuses for why we have a fucked up foreign policy.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:48 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18227 wrote:
Can you really not understand the difference between a small family operated business that sells helicopter parts, and a multinational corporation that sells our nations resources to other countries, and then buys the very same thing from the same countries we war with? If you can't understand what is wrong with selling our resources to foreign countries, then buying them back from another instead of using them here, you are hopeless, and like I said, keep making excuses for why we have a fucked up foreign policy.

To late to cry over spilled milk, if your not part of the solution you must be part of the problem.
sam2007

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:56 am
@rugonnacry,
Hiiiiii
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:01 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18234 wrote:
To late to cry over spilled milk, if your not part of the solution you must be part of the problem.

Actually, people that want to fix America, and get her supporting herself are the solution, Bush apologist like yourself are the problem. People that think it's "just the way it is", "Love it or leave it", or "if you question our government you are ismalofascist sympathizer" are the problem.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:30 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18239 wrote:
Actually, people that want to fix America, and get her supporting herself are the solution, Bush apologist like yourself are the problem. People that think it's "just the way it is", "Love it or leave it", or "if you question our government you are ismalofascist sympathizer" are the problem.
Quote:
Actually, people that want to fix America, and get her supporting herself are the solution,
So whats your solution?
Quote:
Bush apologist like yourself are the problem.
Where have i apologised for him, i support my President, just like you used to do? I think ex soldiers who allow themselves to be manipulated as to there cause all the while relating Bush's guilt to be criminal, how do you figure you were not party to a crime?
Quote:
People that think it's "just the way it is", "Love it or leave it", or "if you question our government you are ismalofascist sympathizer" are the problem
You do a little more then question, outright accusations is more like it. But for some reason you refrain from backing up your statements, why? A lot of your anti Bush rhetoric gives off the impression of sympathy to the enemy, that's a reality your just gonna have to live with, i didn't create it, you did. I'm just making an observation, no one is forcing you to read it.