Democrats now want to Ban the War on Terror

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 12:08 pm
FOXNews.com - House Democrats Offer Plan to Ban Use of 'Global War on Terror' - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,774 • Replies: 231
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 01:49 pm
@Silverchild79,
Not really that surprising, actually.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 02:07 pm
@Silverchild79,
Stupid burocracy on their part.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 07:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
Democrats are hideous cowards and scoundrels. They alone deserve the fate the West's enemies have in mind for us all. :no:
briansol

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 03:45 pm
@Silverchild79,
my understanding is that they want to ban the phrase, and call it "the war iraq" instead.

IMO, who gives a crap. its just a name
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 01:22 pm
@Silverchild79,
It means a lot. It basically means the Democrats, they who will be in charge of America in the coming years, don't recognize any war on terrorism. They're redefining the conflict. They're essentially withdrawing from it on a global scale, and focusing on Iraq, where their main concern is withdrawal. It sucks. Democrats are WEAK. They represent, celebrate and perpetuate in America, WEAKNESS. They all need to see and absorb the lessons of "300".:headbang:
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 01:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
One Republican can kick the butts of ten Democrats, always and everywhere, as a general rule. Democrats are punks.:beat:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 04:27 pm
@Silverchild79,
Ha...i case you haven't noticed republican tactics have ruined Iraq. All this rah rah rah BS will do is get us up to our ass in unwinnable unnecessary blood shed....You have to be smart as well as gutsy,...In fact intelligent strategy is far more important somtimes....work smart not just hard
Terror is an emotion not a physical enemy...you make war to defeat specific enemies not on general prinicipal...
we've tried to guts and glory and it has failed miserably...we need more chess players and maybe a few poker players and fewer bar roomer bullies
Also look at history....WW II a democratic president and a victory.....Korea a tie but a sucessful conflict also a democratic president...I'm not sure the Civil war counts but I'll give you the first Gulf War and Vietnam there was mutal goverance...Wilson not a great president but a dem and leader during WW I when we were on the winning side....you got McKinley and
Lincoln did good but that was an internal struggle
did i forget James K Polk the democratic president during the Mexican American war which we won..of course the Whigs were to opposition party ..looks like a toss up to me
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 05:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
There are many reasons why Iraq was a mistake. One is that America doesn't have the stomach for a typical counter-insurgency. We just can't take it. If I were a revolutionary guerrilla chief, I wouldn't fear America at all. In the case of fighting insurgencies, America is a paper tiger. The point is that it isn't simply 'Republican rah-rah' that's gotten us into trouble -- it's also our lack of will. That shortcoming will show up elsewhere if we don't fix it. It'll hurt us in other ways, and it's the Democrats who specialize in being soft.
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 07:06 pm
@Silverchild79,
Our non-use of the air power we have is another contributor to the inability to win in Iraq .
Dmizer

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 02:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
The failures in Iraq are temporary and we will continue to improve from here on out. There will be set backs and more violence, its a multi dimensional conflict with many layers of complicated politics and strife. The current Administration has failed to comprehend the complexity from the outset. (like layers of an onion, foreign insurgents, Bath party violence, Sunni vs Shiite, Iran's meddling, Syrian meddling, Saudi meddling, power plays from warlord locals, corruption and last but not least liberal media and propaganda) They are beginning to grasp the complexity due to new people in control. To little to late? perhaps, only time will tell, but they are making gains on many levels. The Democrats are not interested in Progress, they are especially not interested in anything successful occuring in Iraq, as it would dampen there political momentum. The Democrats are only interested in getting the troops out of Iraq before any success can be realized, so that they may capitalize on would they would deem "the tremendous failure that has become Iraq". The progress now occuring in Iraq is particularly frightening to Democrats, because what was once their "sure thing" to fall back upon for political ammunition may start to errode away as certain success's come to light in Iraq. The political success of their party and it's control of America are more important to Democrat leaders then the troops in harms way. I predict that they will prove that by the decisions they make in the next couple of weeks with regard to the funding issues now before them.
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 05:10 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;12702 wrote:
There are many reasons why Iraq was a mistake. One is that America doesn't have the stomach for a typical counter-insurgency. We just can't take it. If I were a revolutionary guerrilla chief, I wouldn't fear America at all. In the case of fighting insurgencies, America is a paper tiger. The point is that it isn't simply 'Republican rah-rah' that's gotten us into trouble -- it's also our lack of will. That shortcoming will show up elsewhere if we don't fix it. It'll hurt us in other ways, and it's the Democrats who specialize in being soft.

BEing soft or being diplomatic? We are hated by more nations than ever in our history because of this illegal invasion by Bush. And the War in Iraq is Bush's term...he has yet to fight terrorists anywhere, turning over Afghanistan to the UN at the onset of the war when he said bin Laden no longer posed a threat in March of 2002...six months after the man attacked our nation.

There were no terrorist in Iraq prior to Bush..and there are few there now. They are mostly spread all over the world knowing the US cannot and will not get them there. As to the fighting in Iraq, it's historic tribal fighting and even the war brewing between the Kurds and the Turks is nothing Bush could handle.

Bush went in for oil..and he'll stay and plant a base for oil..that's the reason he wants to invade Iran and Venezuela...oil...

Too bad you guys don't keep up on the news...real sad scenario for our future under Bush unless the Democrats can turn world opinion around..let's not forget the trillions of dollars of debt controlled mostly by China and Japan...they could turn us into paupers by exchanging the dollar...

Who's soft now?:beat:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 06:43 pm
@Silverchild79,
All Democrats can do is complain about Republicans. Without Iraq, they wouldn't have a platform. They should be grateful for it. Two can play that lame game. Democrats got us into Vietnam, for example, and Republicans got us out. Therefore, we should make second-generation careers griping about the 'Nam, baby.....the 'Nam. You damned Democrats got 58,000 Americans killed over there. You wienies.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 07:19 am
@Silverchild79,
Willie stated:
"Too bad you guys don't keep up on the news..."

Well, that about sums it all up for me. Seeing how that is where Willie gets his information from, is it any surprise he feels the way he does about his own country. The news agencies you subscribe to Willie have been attempting from the outset to negatively influence public opinnion. They attempt to damage our moral and undermine Americans confidence in their own fighting forces at every oppurtunity. It's sad really, that Americans can be convinced to care more, about what other countries think of them, then their own country. Since when did it become wrong to care more about your own country's interests then another countries interests. They used to call that treason, now they call it politically correct. Is it any wonder that other countries see America as a paper tiger? We are weakened from the inside by the same ones who view things as Willie does. Every other country in the world protects their interests first and foremost, whether it be oil interests or land or economic trade laws, only America has some of its own citizens calling for it to weaken itself by putting other countries interests first. How ludicrous is that?

Willie,
Do you believe we should put other countries interests before our own?
rhopper3

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 09:34 pm
@Silverchild79,
Wow.....alll or nothing huh...either agree with whatever i say or your a p**** amd unamerican to boot...What everybody who opposes this war wants what everybody with brains wants is for every step in this "war on terror" to actually be a war on terrorists who actually threaten us and not random ideologically or economically motivated BS...
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:01 am
@Silverchild79,
You all really don't have much proof to back it up.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
Democrats are scummie, period. It starts in their crotch, with a hideous stench, and spreads over the rest of their bodies. Their brains are putrid, mushy, maggot-eaten, with grainy pebbles giving texture. When they blow their noses, brains pour out, drip over their lips, and plop onto their man-tools, which their men don't have, but their women do.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:30 am
@Silverchild79,
LOL, a little to vivid for some maybe? Lets play nice, LOL.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:39 am
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;12748 wrote:
Willie stated:
"Too bad you guys don't keep up on the news..."

Well, that about sums it all up for me. Seeing how that is where Willie gets his information from, is it any surprise he feels the way he does about his own country. The news agencies you subscribe to Willie have been attempting from the outset to negatively influence public opinnion. They attempt to damage our moral and undermine Americans confidence in their own fighting forces at every oppurtunity. It's sad really, that Americans can be convinced to care more, about what other countries think of them, then their own country. Since when did it become wrong to care more about your own country's interests then another countries interests. They used to call that treason, now they call it politically correct. Is it any wonder that other countries see America as a paper tiger? We are weakened from the inside by the same ones who view things as Willie does. Every other country in the world protects their interests first and foremost, whether it be oil interests or land or economic trade laws, only America has some of its own citizens calling for it to weaken itself by putting other countries interests first. How ludicrous is that?

Willie,
Quote:
Willie,
Willie won't answer and if he does he'll beat around the bush(pun intended).
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 12:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
All you republicans will love this.. I saw the president speak on TV at the memorial for those slain at Virginia tech and I must say ...I was impressed...he seemed genuine ...well spoken....and verry much like the leader we have been hoping for....
It doesn't change my feelings about his politics but you have to give credit where credit is due...good job Mr. President
0 Replies