John P

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 07:48 pm
Dear Readers
Let me tell you a bit about me before I begin my topic.
I am a Major General. Please refer to me as Major. All my friends and other forum people do.
I am a Vietnam veteran, a Desert Storm veteran, and I have made a few tours in Afghanistan, and a tour in Iraq. I am going to Iraq in five weeks to begin my next.
I am a marine, and a two star general. My field is Marine Force Recon. Sometimes like the special forces. People in this field carry out illegal operations around the world.
Now, I am baffled as to why many of you think the war in Iraq was a bad idea.
Yes, there were no weapons of mass destruction. I will admit that. But, Saddam was still a threat. He funded Palestinian terrorist groups that attacked Israel, he had chemical weapons and used them on his own people, and tortured his own people. The CIA still thinks he was at the time trying to make nuclear weapons cause he WAS buying uranium.
Now, this war is never ending. I will admit that. But, this war is vital for the people and the security of gods green earth. Saddam was a threat, and sometimes through covert actions. He funded al qaeda and Palestinian organizations such as Hamas. So, he kind of waged a war with the world by attacking Israel not by his own force, but through terrorist force.
Second, this is horrible that these arabic and muslim countries think we are a evil empire trying to control the world. This is not true. Afghans think that we are similar to the Soviet Union and we are trying to aquire more land. Thus ist not true. America is trying to spread democracy and freedom. Now, Iraq on the other hand, is prospering day by day.
Look what we gave these people. They are free to everything they never had before. They don't have to worry about being killed or raped or gased. They don't have to worry about a tyrant killing you for something like questioning the government.
I will agree that this war was misled. Bush did mislead the world, but, something good came out of it.
Please reply.
-Major General John P.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,499 • Replies: 148
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 08:14 pm
@John P,
I agree whole heartedly with one exception. I do not believe Bush knowingly misled us. He recited what everyone and i do mean everyone else believed as well at the time.
John P

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 08:58 pm
@Drnaline,
That is true. To tell you the truth, the CIA beleived Saddam still had weapons. So, techniquely they mislead us. I just was not going to say that on the web cause most people beleive Bush is the moron that brought these people oppression and liberation.
True thing is, Iraqi's are happy that we liberated them from a brutal tryrant. But, they are still opressed by US because we have caused terrorism in Iraq because the terrorists find it politically convenient to try and make us look bad. There are prosperities in Iraq, but, the terrorists kill civilians, the Iraqi's get pissed, and politically, it makes us look like we are losing the war. To be precise, the war in Iraq is over. Our duty is to ensure a stabile government, police and military, and ensure that bad things do not come forth.
Bush has also made a new threat in Iraq. Every day, we are trying to keep the Shiites, and other religious faiths from engaging each other in a civil war. They are one inch from shooting their own kind in a cival war.
But, otherwise, we are doing great. CNN does not always cover our accomplishments in Iraq caus the media is liberal. They want to make us look bad. But, many are happy with Mr. Bush.
-Major Gen. John P.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 09:32 pm
@John P,
I remember when the CIA was on our side, like when Sklinton was pres. Bush 43 never had the pleasure.
I believe the programs the Lybia gave up were none other then Saddams hand me downs, at that point he new we were comming again and Syria and Lybia made good cohorts. Just Lybia couldn't take the heat. And as i said on another thread Syria is on it's last one.
Quote:
But, they are still opressed by US because we have caused terrorism in Iraq because the terrorists find it politically convenient to try and make us look bad.

IMO the terrorist caused most of the trouble there, they hate us and we are over there, hence the problem. I believe most of them are not Iraqi but imports. And as far as looking bad, it would be nice if we only had to deal with the terrorists. But we have to fend off the inabalers too. Like all the countrys that did not help becuase they (not us) were on the take. And the libbys have the nerve to say we went in for oil?
Quote:
There are prosperities in Iraq, but, the terrorists kill civilians, the Iraqi's get pissed, and politically, it makes us look like we are losing the war. To be precise, the war in Iraq is over.

Prosperity will abound when the Iraqi people decide to fight for what you gave them. Freedom. At that point the terrorists will not have a chance, no matter how many they kill. No one will ever convince me we are losing, all we need is for them to show themselve. They will be dispatched to meet Allah and his virgins or was that Virginians?
Quote:
Bush has also made a new threat in Iraq. Every day, we are trying to keep the Shiites, and other religious faiths from engaging each other in a civil war. They are one inch from shooting their own kind in a cival war.

True. But some of the mullah's are thinking differently of it. And are activily trying to keep the peace. I'll give them the benifit of the dought. But if you listen to the MSM they have been at cival war for a couple years now.
Quote:
But, otherwise, we are doing great. CNN does not always cover our accomplishments in Iraq caus the media is liberal. They want to make us look bad. But, many are happy with Mr. Bush.

Great isn't the word, astonishing is. What other country has turned over, handed it's country, voted two elections, came up with a constitution all in the span of four years. It took us a couple of decades just to get a Constitution. And all of the above even after the Libbys said it would never happen? I hate calling them a democracy, i would prefer a republic as demos always self defeat. You got your work cut out for you fersure. I find my calling engaging all the nah sayers on the home front and i believe you have many more like me doing the same. You have an excellent view having lived through vietnam and how different it is today. Neither of which you can compare IMO, But compare they do! And credit you for going through that and still remaining dedicated enough to make it a career. I will gladly stand in your light and bring up the rear. I for one am happy with who i voted for.
Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 04:29 am
@Drnaline,
I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments John P. has expressed , BUT....

(Here I will probably anger him and perhaps other readers . )

IMHO ( and it is worth just what you pay for it ) , John P. is not the person he says he is .
Now , why would I say that ??
I realize that grammar , spelling , and syntax are not very important to many posters on the web these days . I could easily forgive a few mistakes and typos , but if you read his posts carefully , you will find terrible examples of an only nominally educated man , not one in my opinion that would have attained the rank of Major General . If he is the person he says he is , then I have lost some degree of respect for the military training I would think he should have received . An officer of that rank would have been educated in communication skills at a much higher level in order to command .

I do not intend to offend you , John P. , but how can I be assured that you are who you claim to be ? And if I have offended you unjustly , refute my statements , please .

Now the larger question is : what difference does his grammar , etc. make ?

We need leaders we can trust and look up to on every level , and if a person passes himself off as someone he is not in order to get us to listen , we are following a false leader . Such a course , even when the goal is laudable , is a minefield , with danger at every step . A false leader will mislead you sooner or later , intentionally or not .

My two cents worth only .
ndjs

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:05 am
@John P,
One would think that a 2 star general would be available online as well, and there is no info on General John P anybody in the Marines.

also, he posts from Rapid City, SD.
0 Replies

cranston36 cv

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 06:37 pm
@John P,
Remember Miss Miller?

Judith Miller retired with good pay from the New York Times.

She has been made famous recently by being jailed for not revealing who told her that Valerie Plame was a CIA agent.
That’s not all she did for the newspaper.
She won a Pulitzer prize in 2001 for reporting on global terrorism.
Apparently a lot of the material she produced was based on incorrect information.
It seems like she fooled her editor.
Media that had come to rely on the newspaper repeated and amplified what this one apparently irresponsible reporter wrote.
The result stares us in the face. Over 2,000 Americans dead in Iraq along with tens of thousands wounded and mutilated. Osama Bin Laden is still missing and oil companies tied to his family continue to prosper.
Miller wasn’t the first to fool the New York Times.
In 1874 the New York Herald ran a hoax article they hoped would spur improvements in the Central Park Zoo. The Herald reported several animals escaped and rampaged through Manhattan injuring more than two hundred and killing forty-nine.
The story goes that New York Times editor George Williams complained to the police because they tipped off the Herald but didn’t tell him.
As for politicians whining about the power of the press I think this story is a good example of how weak it can be. It was over 120 years before any improvements were made to the Central Park Zoo.
How long will American forces have to stay in Iraq?
John P

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:51 am
@cranston36 cv,
Dear Readers
I am a major general. As far as my spelling goes, my only excuse is dropping out. I dropped out of high school four weeks into the tenth grade. That is my only valid excuse. Besides, some people on the internet don't give a damn about their spelling.
John P. is my first and middle initial. You think I am going to give my first and then my last name initial?
I don't know where it says I am from South Dakota. I am not. I have been to Ellsworth AFB out there once to assist Colonel Brown (the old and I think current base commander) and so yeah.
But, the stuff about being a veteran of three wars, and me being a Major is true. So, beleive if you wish. Most people on other forums I belong to don't beleive me. They often think I am making it up to feel important.
But, I am not.
-Major
p.s. No offense was taken in this post. Please, get back on topic with my post and not debate my military status with me.
John P

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:03 am
@cranston36 cv,
cranston36 wrote:
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:33 am
@John P,
John P. wrote:
Dear Readers
Let me tell you a bit about me before I begin my topic.
I am a Major General. Please refer to me as Major. All my friends and other forum people do.
I am a Vietnam veteran, a Desert Storm veteran, and I have made a few tours in Afghanistan, and a tour in Iraq. I am going to Iraq in five weeks to begin my next.
I am a marine, and a two star general. My field is Marine Force Recon. Sometimes like the special forces. People in this field carry out illegal operations around the world.
Now, I am baffled as to why many of you think the war in Iraq was a bad idea.
Yes, there were no weapons of mass destruction. I will admit that. But, Saddam was still a threat. He funded Palestinian terrorist groups that attacked Israel, he had chemical weapons and used them on his own people, and tortured his own people. The CIA still thinks he was at the time trying to make nuclear weapons cause he WAS buying uranium.
Now, this war is never ending. I will admit that. But, this war is vital for the people and the security of gods green earth. Saddam was a threat, and sometimes through covert actions. He funded al qaeda and Palestinian organizations such as Hamas. So, he kind of waged a war with the world by attacking Israel not by his own force, but through terrorist force.
Second, this is horrible that these arabic and muslim countries think we are a evil empire trying to control the world. This is not true. Afghans think that we are similar to the Soviet Union and we are trying to aquire more land. Thus ist not true. America is trying to spread democracy and freedom. Now, Iraq on the other hand, is prospering day by day.
Look what we gave these people. They are free to everything they never had before. They don't have to worry about being killed or raped or gased. They don't have to worry about a tyrant killing you for something like questioning the government.
I will agree that this war was misled. Bush did mislead the world, but, something good came out of it.
Please reply.
-Major General John P.

I couldn't disagree with you more. You seem to be taking the same stand that Bush is, that war was necessary. If you are indeed who you say you are, tell us what SA intelligence was telling the Bush war mungers. Was there a theory put forth to Bush that a regime change was something that could be accomplished by supporting certain groups within Iraq that could toss Saddam out of power?
I have other points that I will make contradicting your statements, but this is a start.Very Happy
Drnaline

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:57 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
I couldn't disagree with you more. You seem to be taking the same stand that Bush is, that war was necessary. If you are indeed who you say you are, tell us what SA intelligence was telling the Bush war mungers. Was there a theory put forth to Bush that a regime change was something that could be accomplished by supporting certain groups within Iraq that could toss Saddam out of power?
I have other points that I will make contradicting your statements, but this is a start.Very Happy

What would you have done, issue number 19 in resolutions? And what about afgan that war was also wrong? You never here dems talk much about that one. And by the way can you prove who you say you are?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 12:09 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline:
Somebody piss in your cornflakes this morning?:confused:

It wasn't my call on doing anything.:bored:

Afganistan isn't the war we are discussing.:wink:

If he is a Major General, he should know the answer to my question.:rolleyes:

I could care less what Democrats say.Very Happy
Drnaline

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 12:17 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
Drnaline:
Somebody piss in your cornflakes this morning?:confused:

It wasn't my call on doing anything.:bored:

Afganistan is the war we are discussing.:wink:

If he is a Major General, he should know the answer to my question.:rolleyes:

I could care less what Democrats say.Very Happy

No, no piss. You ask for more proof of his being who he says, no one asked you when you first joined. "If"
he is a major general he probably does know the answer now explain why he owes you the definition? I don't think he owes any one any particular answer. To prove anything. Spelling errors is not an indication of military stature as we have all made mistakes. We are talking on the net not corrosponding through channels which require deplomacy and spellcheck.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 12:30 pm
@Drnaline,
I don't care who he is.:confused:

A General would know the SA involvement prior to the war.

Spelling don't mean anything.IMO.
Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 12:11 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:

I realize that grammar , spelling , and syntax are not very important to many posters on the web these days . I could easily forgive a few mistakes and typos , but if you read his posts carefully , you will find terrible examples of an only nominally educated man , not one in my opinion that would have attained the rank of Major General . If he is the person he says he is , then I have lost some degree of respect for the military training I would think he should have received . An officer of that rank would have been educated in communication skills at a much higher level in order to command .

I do not intend to offend you , John P. , but how can I be assured that you are who you claim to be ? And if I have offended you unjustly , refute my statements , please .

I stand by my impression . I don't know how you can prove yourself to me , but I await that proof , nonetheless .
Drnaline

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 11:21 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
I stand by my impression . I don't know how you can prove yourself to me , but I await that proof , nonetheless .

And stand by it you should. But i gather you may be left waiting an eternity.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 09:30 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
Spelling don't mean anything.IMO.

You obviously agree with your own statement, haha.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 04:31 am
@ndjs,
The thing about spelling is if you don't use it, you lose it.Very Happy

In Captain Americas case, it's clear he works for the government. He gives a big speech without any follow-up. :rolleyes:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:01 am
@John P,
In Captains case his actions speak volumes above any words he may write. Assuming you believe the cartoon. As i have mentioned before, my wife works under Brig. Gen Montoya here at our NG. I've met him quite a few times and my wife and him are close. He rides a harley, likes plain t's and makes gramatical error's when his personal assistant does not prrof read it when putting it from draft form to state letterhead. Come to find out the guys is just human like the rest of us. Even Captain America whether he is a gen in real life or not.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 09:00 am
@John P,
No recent posts from John P. ?? Busy weekend in Washington , I guess .