Hilary for President?

Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:52 am
@Curmudgeon,
Thanks for the explanation, Campbell. I see your point now.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 10:16 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40440 wrote:
Your people have taken no precautions towards securing their liberty from their government. To each their own, but your "right" to vote is little more than an action your government allows you to do. With a simple vote your sitting parliament could abolish elections entirely. It's socially irresponsible.

"With a smple vote your sitting parliament could abolish elections entirely" can you see that happening ? dream on.
I think you should get your own house in order,the 2000 election,ring any bells !
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 10:20 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40438 wrote:
Democracy is two wolves and sheep deciding on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the results.

LOL so the british people arming themselves with guns is the answer ?
The american government isnt to keen on liberty in latin-america is it !
Freeman15

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 12:35 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40464 wrote:
"With a smple vote your sitting parliament could abolish elections entirely" can you see that happening ? dream on.
I think you should get your own house in order,the 2000 election,ring any bells !

You mean the 2000 election that was hotly contested by free people? Our system isn't perfect, but we have a means of ensuring our government doesn't oppress us. Historically democracies dissolve into autocracy or oligarchy, hence our Second Amendment. Don't they teach that in the UK?
Freeman15

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 12:37 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40466 wrote:
LOL so the british people arming themselves with guns is the answer ?
The american government isnt to keen on liberty in latin-america is it !

Yes. A well-armed populace is much harder to oppress than poorly-armed one.

Why is our government able to do what it does abroad? Nations do not arm themselves sufficiently enough to deter US influence. The USSR never really had a problem with American influence at the point of a gun because they had just as many.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 12:47 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40476 wrote:
You mean the 2000 election that was hotly contested by free people? Our system isn't perfect, but we have a means of ensuring our government doesn't oppress us. Historically democracies dissolve into autocracy or oligarchy, hence our Second Amendment. Don't they teach that in the UK?

NO system is perfect,but who is to say your system is better than everyone else's,and by the way,elections here are also hotly contested.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 12:50 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40477 wrote:

Why is our government able to do what it does abroad? Nations do not arm themselves sufficiently enough to deter US influence. The USSR never really had a problem with American influence at the point of a gun because they had just as many.

i will say it again the people of the UK dont want american style gun-laws,the USSR and the UK are slightly different cases dont you think ?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 12:58 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40477 wrote:

yeh the US government,likes to keep fascist dictators in power in latin-america,and back coups against democratically elected governments !
Freeman15

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:11 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40480 wrote:
NO system is perfect,but who is to say your system is better than everyone else's,and by the way,elections here are also hotly contested.

Our system isn't better than everybody else's, it's just better than your's. Constitutions are used by all other European democracies BECAUSE of the threat government poses towards liberty. Britons don't seem to understand this premise.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:12 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40484 wrote:
yeh the US government,likes to keep fascist dictators in power in latin-america,and back coups against democratically elected governments !

Just like the British Empire ran the slave trade to the colonies, pillaged Africa, colonized India, and fought countless wars against indigenous populations. Nobody's hands are clean, stowe it.
Freeman15

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:17 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40481 wrote:
i will say it again the people of the UK dont want american style gun-laws,the USSR and the UK are slightly different cases dont you think ?

They have every right to disarm themselves, I don't question that. I question the historical and social intelligence of those who allow one entity to control all means of meaningful armament.

The US and UK wouldn't fight even in they weren't allies for the same reason the US and USSR never fought. Neither party wants to suffer the horrendous casualties that the other can inflict on them. The same principle applies to citizen/government relations. I well-armed populace keeps the government in check, and a well-armed government keeps the populace in check. IT WORKS.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 02:33 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40487 wrote:
Just like the British Empire ran the slave trade to the colonies, pillaged Africa, colonized India, and fought countless wars against indigenous populations. Nobody's hands are clean, stowe it.

i think you know by my previous post's on here,i hate imperialsim,my political hero is Mandela,i know all about the British Empire,the US backed a coup against chavez,only a few years ago,thakfully the days of the Brtish empire are long gone.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 02:37 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40488 wrote:
They have every right to disarm themselves, I don't question that. I question the historical and social intelligence of those who allow one entity to control all means of meaningful armament.

The US and UK wouldn't fight even in they weren't allies for the same reason the US and USSR never fought. Neither party wants to suffer the horrendous casualties that the other can inflict on them. The same principle applies to citizen/government relations. I well-armed populace keeps the government in check, and a well-armed government keeps the populace in check. IT WORKS.

"IT WORKS" well the government,police and the people here dont want it ! the reason ? it would lead to an increase in gun-crime,FACT
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 09:31 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;40481 wrote:

Good for them, America doesn't want UK style gun laws, what's your problem with that? You want America to follow the UKs lead, but don't want the UK populace to be armed? Kind of hypocritical.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 07:17 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;40511 wrote:
Good for them, America doesn't want UK style gun laws, what's your problem with that? You want America to follow the UKs lead, but don't want the UK populace to be armed? Kind of hypocritical.

i realise,the US has a gun-culture the UK does not have,and maybe if i had been brought up in the US,i would be a gun owner,but i think i would still believe in stricter gun-laws,than the ones you have currently have.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 07:25 pm
@Curmudgeon,
I wish Admin would close this thread. It has gone way off track and is not even close to a discussion about Ms. Clinton's ability to run the country.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:20 am
@Curmudgeon,
agreed
0 Replies