Does free will exist?

Leadfoot

Tue 8 Dec, 2020 06:23 am
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Who knows I might convince you and other A2K'ers I respect to play some online games with me.

What do you think about making up our own games while doing FS2020 group flights!
Albuquerque

Tue 8 Dec, 2020 07:38 am
@Leadfoot,
I have FS 2020 installed so I am up for some bush trips with you and other aviation enthusiasts! Maybe Farma can shows us some cool places around to visit!
Leadfoot

Tue 8 Dec, 2020 07:43 am
@Albuquerque,
I dig it!
Can’t wait to get my new rig built. Current PC can’t handle FS2020.
Albuquerque

Tue 8 Dec, 2020 08:04 am
@Leadfoot,
Now we just need a Discord A2K channel and volunteers I will be quite happy to meet some of you in direct voice contact!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 06:58 am
This one you all must see it is precious:
Albuquerque

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 07:20 am
@Albuquerque,
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 11:08 pm
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 16 Dec, 2020 11:49 am
@Diogenes phil,
If there are rules of nature there are rules of the mind as well which are realised following nihilism.If there are rules of the mind then morality exists and one has the free will to either to comply by the rules or not comply by them.The Christian view is that there are rules however it is impossible to keep them perfectly and so one can’t enter the presence God who is holy.God who is love therefore decided before the beginning of time that he would take the punishment for the worlds wrong doings so that anyone who genuinely accepted this free gift offer would be able to enter his presence.There being no other way to resolve the problem.The rules were therefore only given to prove to an individual that they couldn’t keep them so that they
would realise the true state of their predicament and turn back to God
their saviour.
Jasper10

Mon 21 Dec, 2020 09:39 am
@Jasper10,
Free will does exist in my opinion. We have free will to believe (or Hope) that a God exists or doesn’t exist. Nobody can prove that there is or isn’t.... It is important to stress though that if one is prepared to venture that there is a God, belief alone is still of no use to you at all. It doesn’t matter if you believe in God if the Devil believes in God as well. It is my reasoning that if there are rules of nature then I think it is reasonable to assume that there are rules associated the mind as well.It is these rules of the mind that are the key in my opinion. Just having a belief or not in God only.....is a “red herring”.
It is my view that man has no idea of the perils of free will. Man will bring himself to the conclusion that rules are required for society to survive as long as he gets to make the rules and to also change the rules as he so wishes to suit himself. That‘s man....It is my understanding that God doesn’t operate by such principles. It would appear that there may be rules of the mind which don’t change and we have to keep them perfectly which we can’t do and so we are in big trouble ultimately. We are dealing with perfection or imperfection here not nearly perfection or nearly imperfection. We can’t change the rules of nature so why would we think that we can change the rules of the mind?
If one has an accusation against God one needs to be clear as to what the accusation is. Is one accusing him of taking his restraining hand off the Devil who is responsible for all atrocities throughout history or is one accusing God of the atrocities?
InfraBlue

Tue 22 Dec, 2020 05:45 pm
@Jasper10,
In the Tanakh YHWH is responsible for many of the atrocities described therein.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Dec, 2020 01:30 am
@InfraBlue,
Are you saying that the Devil isn’t responsible for any of the atrocities described therein?
InfraBlue

Wed 23 Dec, 2020 02:15 pm
@Jasper10,
No, but I don't know of any atrocities that the Devil is responsible for described therein.
Jasper10

Wed 23 Dec, 2020 04:13 pm
@InfraBlue,
It is my understanding that even if man tries his best to comply by the divine rules of the mind he has still had it ultimately whereby God is concerned.God demands that his rules are kept perfectly.Man is unable to do this.What a predicament man is in therefore.We can complain all we want and think what we want about God..it will make no difference whatsoever.God will have his way.God is patient...long suffering but will act to wipe out wickedness/rebellion against him ultimately (like the examples in the bible).When man rebels against God in this way he does what comes naturally to him because he does just as his father the devil does the bible says.Man needs saving from this situation because he is powerless to do it himself.All I can add to this is what Jesus said to nicodemus in John 3 1:21.My understanding is that it is only by God’s grace that anyone is able to accept these teachings.
InfraBlue

Wed 23 Dec, 2020 05:39 pm
@Jasper10,
Ok.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Tue 12 Jan, 2021 03:35 am
@Diogenes phil,
When it comes to logic if applied to (truths/lies).
Are we saying that 1 (good) is 0 (bad) and vice versa therefore there are no morals, there are no rules and free will does not exist? What about 1 (good) is 1 (good) and 0 (bad) is 0 (bad) therefore there are morals, there are rules and free will does exist?
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 12:23 pm
Jasper10

Mon 18 Jan, 2021 01:13 pm
@Albuquerque,
All I am seeing is someone who has a HOPE that what he is saying is true....probably based upon his secular belief systems ....yawn...
Albuquerque

Tue 19 Jan, 2021 05:36 pm
@Jasper10,
Yeah yawn away...it fits ya!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Tue 19 Jan, 2021 10:28 pm
As everybody was out to grab it Free Will run away into the Mexico border to never be seen again.
Jasper10

Wed 20 Jan, 2021 03:12 am
@Albuquerque,
Man's logic is one sided because his 2 off reasonings can't definitely prove whether God exists or not (not that all men are bothered with trying to prove it) which is just as well because he can't because carnal proof is a "red herring" anyway. Any morality/rule judgements made by man have always been and always will be HOPEFUL assessments therefore....nothing more. You know this to be true so why are you even challenging it?