18

Does free will exist?

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 01:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I feel your pain. The upgrade is actually free, but you can’t convince anyone of that. They tell you you have to give up everything, even science.
There are times when that seems true. That’s the mind-**** part of it. You do have to give up everything you ever assumed about it. After that, it’s free.
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 02:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
Not sure I am following the deal here, so I must "pay" with everything to get it "free"? I like Pascal wager better.
Besides, I am not afraid of BEING as I see no agency in such a thing, nor freedom. But I am very afraid I am in a freaking simulation pushed by some half-backed demigod full of flaws and just as clueless as we are on fundamental subjects. One of these days I made a case for Humanity not having any particular reason to statistically believe they are on the top of the food chain on IQ Universe wise. That thought is scary. Let's hope your Anthropomorphized demigod does not indeed ask me to sell everythin' for a fracking dosage of dopamine in whatever amusement park, zoo, you say he has fetched for us somewhere...
Anyway, Pascal was a smart guy.
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 02:23 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...could it be the case your demigod gets a spank in the azz from his demigod pals if their lemmings in his little simulation don't believe he is the actual Master of Reality, and suspect there is a layered way above his head on the order of things? Suppose the objective of the little simulations is to have happy little beings like us...discovering that the Universe is purposeless, that there is no free will, that spacetime is a block and Reality is a dead rock might get them pissed of at the poor job he made on the not so convincing simulation...sooo, that is why we must believe him at all cost. To save his azz...
Frack that man...I know we are chimps but even as chimps we deserve a tidbit of self-respect don't ya think? Ma cat ain't doin' any long term business with any demigod starting with me, I think ma cat is a self-respecting smart punk!

PS - Little bastard (Conguito) yesterday fracked up ma miniature Mars Rover because dinner was not right on time.
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 02:56 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Aw c'mon. Pascal was a pussy the day he accepted that Lukewarm proposition.
If the bet is legit and you have a shred of self respect, you'll go all in.

At least we were able to change the analogy from Bits to Betting.

I so miss my wonderful cat Swiffer.
Fil Albuquerque

2  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 03:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
To Swiffer and Conguito, hear, hear!

mark noble

0  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 07:30 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil.
Never thought I'd see you 'talking' for the 'sake' of it.
Leadfoot is a moron (Carrot, in Welsh).
He's an attention-seeking ...BABY.

And YOU are his Babysitter.

Never correspond with me, again, Fil.

You are 'Not' of Our 'RIVER'.
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 09:42 am
@mark noble,
Thank you for letting me know frontaly have a good life Mark!
mark noble

1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:01 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil
I am already DEAD.
I am pissed off every day I Wake-up (Without my dogs)

But - Your insights, were, once, sturdy!
Now, they seem, merely, appropriate.

Fil! STOP! Tell it as it is!
Like you used to do.

BE THE "FIL" I ******* Respected!

Brother James

1  
Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:30 am
@Diogenes phil,
How one answers depends upon how much one knows about the Law of Karma? Knowing little, one often thinks that one has free will. When one learns about the Law of Karma, one realizes a Fate Karma occupies about 90% of one's life, and 10% is open to creating new Karma. Peace
Albuquerque

1  
Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 04:03 pm
@Brother James,
I don't think you fully understand the "Law of karma".
By definition you don't create anything as your karma goes all the way. If you had a second of free will the whole Karma would be void.
I often wonder what "true free will" would entail...perhaps moving an immovable object, or to not be before in place of being...maybe a line which is nor curved nor straight...yeah I am joking around with the absurdity of the idea when one pushes to its conceptual limit.

htam9876

1  
Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 03:18 am
No free will can exist in this cosmos, because everyone has to bow to the first order.
他江门地方黑恶势力钟永康集团及新会一中九一四班姓蔡的万岁,万岁,万万岁!当今时代,全世界没有什么人能够值得如此殊荣。呵呵