17

Does free will exist?

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 01:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I feel your pain. The upgrade is actually free, but you can’t convince anyone of that. They tell you you have to give up everything, even science.
There are times when that seems true. That’s the mind-**** part of it. You do have to give up everything you ever assumed about it. After that, it’s free.
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 02:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
Not sure I am following the deal here, so I must "pay" with everything to get it "free"? I like Pascal wager better.
Besides, I am not afraid of BEING as I see no agency in such a thing, nor freedom. But I am very afraid I am in a freaking simulation pushed by some half-backed demigod full of flaws and just as clueless as we are on fundamental subjects. One of these days I made a case for Humanity not having any particular reason to statistically believe they are on the top of the food chain on IQ Universe wise. That thought is scary. Let's hope your Anthropomorphized demigod does not indeed ask me to sell everythin' for a fracking dosage of dopamine in whatever amusement park, zoo, you say he has fetched for us somewhere...
Anyway, Pascal was a smart guy.
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 02:23 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...could it be the case your demigod gets a spank in the azz from his demigod pals if their lemmings in his little simulation don't believe he is the actual Master of Reality, and suspect there is a layered way above his head on the order of things? Suppose the objective of the little simulations is to have happy little beings like us...discovering that the Universe is purposeless, that there is no free will, that spacetime is a block and Reality is a dead rock might get them pissed of at the poor job he made on the not so convincing simulation...sooo, that is why we must believe him at all cost. To save his azz...
Frack that man...I know we are chimps but even as chimps we deserve a tidbit of self-respect don't ya think? Ma cat ain't doin' any long term business with any demigod starting with me, I think ma cat is a self-respecting smart punk!

PS - Little bastard (Conguito) yesterday fracked up ma miniature Mars Rover because dinner was not right on time.
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 02:56 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Aw c'mon. Pascal was a pussy the day he accepted that Lukewarm proposition.
If the bet is legit and you have a shred of self respect, you'll go all in.

At least we were able to change the analogy from Bits to Betting.

I so miss my wonderful cat Swiffer.
Fil Albuquerque

2  
Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 03:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
To Swiffer and Conguito, hear, hear!

mark noble

0  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 07:30 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil.
Never thought I'd see you 'talking' for the 'sake' of it.
Leadfoot is a moron (Carrot, in Welsh).
He's an attention-seeking ...BABY.

And YOU are his Babysitter.

Never correspond with me, again, Fil.

You are 'Not' of Our 'RIVER'.
Fil Albuquerque

1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 09:42 am
@mark noble,
Thank you for letting me know frontaly have a good life Mark!
mark noble

1  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:01 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil
I am already DEAD.
I am pissed off every day I Wake-up (Without my dogs)

But - Your insights, were, once, sturdy!
Now, they seem, merely, appropriate.

Fil! STOP! Tell it as it is!
Like you used to do.

BE THE "FIL" I ******* Respected!