Does free will exist?

Albuquerque

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 10:29 am
@Jasper10,
Didn't meant that in an offensive manner...or perhaps I did and I am just now becoming aware of it...I am "dumb" for a certain kind of languaging many humans do... you cannot help me! Nonetheless I appreciate your good will in lecturing me into the RIGHT path!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 11:48 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I’m fine Albuquerque.I have found what I need to find.I am trying to help you.

You are trying to promote yourself as an evolved person spreading some bullshit you consider the truth.

And you are doing a miserable job of it!
Albuquerque

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 11:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Can I piss you off a little bit since we know each other for a good time now?

...your tenacious point in the past decade has been that none of us is doing much better then he is...coherent as we might sound.
Frank Apisa

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 12:34 pm
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

Can I piss you off a little bit since we know each other for a good time now?

...your tenacious point in the past decade has been that none of us is doing much better then he is...coherent as we might sound.

You would never piss me off telling me what you want to tell me.

I know my point about guesswork being sold as truth has gotten old. But on the subject of the REALITY...it is the most important piece of information being made by anyone.

So...I just continue to make it.

As for Jasper...he just asserts way too often that the people who disagree with him do so because they are not as learned and educated as he. I think he is full of ****. I came across him doing it today...and told him so.

Stay well, old friend.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 03:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
No I’m not.I talk sense all the time and have a science to totally back it up that nobody can challenge so go away Frank and take your boring out of date philosophy with you.
Jasper10

Sat 10 Dec, 2022 04:24 pm
@Jasper10,
I will tell you again.It is not possible to cancel out the 2 magnetic forces in nature as atheistic science claims.This definitively confirms that present atheistic science is total nonsense.As its philosophy is based upon its science then its philosophy is total nonsense as well.
Jasper10

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 02:25 am
@Jasper10,
Dualistic inward robotic reasoning is 2 dimensional.We live in a 3 dimensional cosmos.It is not possible to cancel out the 2 separated electromagnetic forces in nature.This has been definitively confirmed.All you can do is balance them.Therefore you need to put both separated forces on both sides of your inward dualistic fence.Not only that,inorder for balance to be maintained SPIN needs to be introduced.That is why all things SPIN in the cosmos at all levels, macro and micro i.e. planets and sub atomic particles.In order to create SPIN you require electromagnetic fields.The cosmos is saturated with electromagnetic fields at all levels of the cosmos,macro and micro.

The present atheistic science that is peddled as fact at the moment is not fact at all.It is utter nonsense created by scientists who believe that they can remain separate from the science they proclaim.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 06:42 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

No I’m not.I talk sense all the time and have a science to totally back it up that nobody can challenge so go away Frank and take your boring out of date philosophy with you.

You babble nonsense.

And if you think nobody can challenge you...you are sadly mistaken.

But...we already know that.
izzythepush

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 08:23 am
@Albuquerque,
Dark is a brilliant piece of drama, I would recommend it to anyone.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 08:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don’t babble nonsense Frank.It’s just that you are too unaware to take all in.

Your philosophy and the science it is based upon is false.

Get used to it.
Frank Apisa

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 08:58 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I don’t babble nonsense Frank.It’s just that you are too unaware to take all in.

Just about all you do, Jasper, is to babble. And suppose that people who question your babble...are "unaware."

You suppose YOU have come up with truths about the true nature of the REALITY of existence that have evaded the brightest scientists and philosophers of history. And you have come to a small, lightly populated Internet forum (rather than a peer reviewed widely-circulated publication) to share your great knowledge.

Even you should see this as laughable.

Quote:

Your philosophy and the science it is based upon is false.

Get used to it.

You are nuts.

izzythepush

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 09:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
In Gulliver's travels he journeys to a place where parliamentarians employ people with balloons on sticks.

Their job is to hit the parliamentarians with balloons to let them know when to talk and when to shut up.

The one who works for Jasper needs to stop.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 11 Dec, 2022 11:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well who cares what you think Frank.Your philosophy is laughable.

You have no understanding of consciousness and neither do the scientists that you put so much hope in…you know those fools who said it all began with a single Big Bang..lol

My science and philosophy are perfectly sound.

Shut up.

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Sat 17 Dec, 2022 10:13 pm
So today once more I want to talk about a little bit more on the subject off free will, as it is I quite controversial topic isn't it ? Time and again we can't decide whether to believe it or refute it !

Most of the time when people think about the topic off free will they go with their gut feeling, the absolute certainty that their decision-making is solely ruled by what they want at each point in time. But the fact of the matter is that whatever you want is an expression , a necessary expression of your needs, needs that you cannot control as they are an intrinsic part of yourself.

One is thus left wondering what does it even mean To be free. Free of what ? What does freedom require to be a thing ? What meaning could there be other then pragmatically use it as a placeholder, a shortcut, a linguistic metaphor as we express our own unfolding in the world in an holistic set up.

Those who are not familiar with the problematic tend to point to randomness as a solution when the fact of the matter is that randomness makes it worse as no action that you take has authorship!

Finally we have the compatibilist approach that tries to reconcile determinism, or if you prefer perfect correlation, with free will. The argument usually goes that one cannot do otherwise but still one does what one wants, and that is a sufficient definition off the concept, useful, therefore not extinct by natural selection in the human language evolutionary process. Well, there's not much to comment, language reign supreme and it evolves in the super organism that's Society is without the will off anyone in particular. I'm sure you can notice the ironic remark no doubt as our sense of freedom evolved naturally without any grammar nazy dictate...collective will is collective need not choice!
Jasper10

Sun 18 Dec, 2022 02:52 am
@Albuquerque,
Truth will set you free Albuquerque.

KNOWING that a God definitively exists or doesn't exist will not set you free.
Albuquerque

Sun 18 Dec, 2022 03:36 am
@Jasper10,
I am a mouth full, you got that right...but none of it was my fault...
I must insist I am a spectator of my own unfolding in the world....I look at myself very small in this giant body full of other beings and through the huge windows of my eyes I look down dizzy as one would look down from a huge skyscraper into the vastness of what there is in one square meter, and then dazzled watch the future come to my witnessing...my consciousness is a completely passive and moot silent voyeur...and I only see what my perspectivism let me! Quo vadis Domine?
Frank Apisa

Sun 18 Dec, 2022 05:37 am
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

I am a mouth full, you got that right...but none of it was my fault...
I must insist I am a spectator of my own unfolding in the world....I look at myself very small in this giant body full of other beings and through the huge windows of my eyes I look down dizzy as one would look down from a huge skyscraper into the vastness of what there is in one square meter, and then dazzled watch the future come to my witnessing...my consciousness is a completely passive and moot silent voyeur...and I only see what my perspectivism let me! Quo vadis Domine?

There are some things, Albuquerque, about which the best, most truthful, thing that can be said is, "I have no idea" or "I do not know."
Albuquerque

Sun 18 Dec, 2022 10:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
I know there are not married bachelors...point being Frank that some concepts are self contradictory...Freedom and Will IMO do not match.
Your "will" expresses NECESSITY in the "I want"...there is nothing free about that.
Other then that although I have theories and ideas on many topics I question myself more then most...
When I post a POV I have on something it is not for lack of interrogation and playing Devils advocate to the best of my ability.
I am aware my cognitive ability has boundaries and constrains...in fact that was the topic all along wasn't it?
Hope you are having a nice day old friend!
Frank Apisa

Sun 18 Dec, 2022 11:49 am
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

I know there are not married bachelors...point being Frank that some concepts are self contradictory...Freedom and Will IMO do not match.
Your "will" expresses NECESSITY in the "I want"...there is nothing free about that.
Other then that although I have theories and ideas on many topics I question myself more then most...
When I post a POV I have on something it is not for lack of interrogation and playing Devils advocate to the best of my ability.
I am aware my cognitive ability has boundaries and constrains...in fact that was the topic all along wasn't it?
Hope you are having a nice day old friend!

Yup, no married bachelors; no circles with corners; no triangle with with four angles; 2 + 2 = 4 in base ten.

Some things ya just know.

Some things ya don't.

Best way to handled those ya don't...is to simply acknowledge that ya don't.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 18 Dec, 2022 01:16 pm
@Jasper10,
Just keep walking straight ahead.

Put belief and unbelief on the right and belief a unbelief on the left.Ultimately neither are of any use to you on their own.

The only thing that could come out of NATURES full logic possibilities is RULES.

RULES that are kept perfectly or imperfectly.

There being no such thing as nearly perfection or nearly imperfection.

0 Replies