Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 07:51 am
@Arif phil,
What is the objective?
0 Replies

xris

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 08:31 am
@josh0335,
josh0335;97362 wrote:
Send 60,00 troops to beat who? You're fighting Afghans who are resisting occupation from an invading army. You want to kill them all and then what? You cannot kill them all because when one dies another rises and takes his place. This war can never be won, but I suspect winning was never the objective.
We are fighting more than the Taliban bandits, we are fighting Pakistani insurgents, who have no more right there than western troops. Its the Taliban constantly forcing Afghanistan youngsters into conflict and the foreign insurgents who are prolonging the war, it could have been resolved months ago.

The majority of Afghans want western troops there, what concerns them is our lack of will in defeating the bandits. If you dont think we want peace, stability and democracy what do think we want?
0 Replies

EmperorNero

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 08:38 am
@Arif phil,
You are against getting out of Afghanistan xris?
What strategy do you support?
xris

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 10:46 am
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero;97392 wrote:
You are against getting out of Afghanistan xris?
What strategy do you support?
Most definitely we should be there, for as long as it takes to get a democratic state capable of defending itself with NATO help. If it was me and we had the capacity ide move into the border areas with force and with pakistan's agreement destroy their bases for ever. They have no thought for those they pretend to represent, they are self serving bandits, that need to be eliminated.
EmperorNero

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 11:17 am
@xris,
xris;97410 wrote:
Most definitely we should be there, for as long as it takes to get a democratic state capable of defending itself with NATO help. If it was me and we had the capacity ide move into the border areas with force and with pakistan's agreement destroy their bases for ever. They have no thought for those they pretend to represent, they are self serving bandits, that need to be eliminated.

I agree with you. Which surprises me.
But isn't it impossible to create democracy in Afghanistan? They never were a functioning nation. They are just a tribal society. The government is just a corrupt drug-trafficking mob. And they have little more control over the countryside than I have. The Soviets and the British failed in Afghanistan how can we ever think we make that place and those people democratic? Just wanted to hear your take on that.

In my opinion we should stay there as well. But quit with the democracy attempt until we pacified the place. And quit being gentle. Govern it with the military, blow up the enemy and deliver infra structure. Then when things get better maybe democracy has a chance.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 11:31 am
@Arif phil,
Well I think the idea to give them another resource to fund the nation is a good. Oil is running out anyway and pollutes are environment too so that's no good.
I am question

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 11:48 am
@Caroline,
I have fought in this particular rocky terrain about seven months ago, it was not fun. Its very interesting to see your guys views on this war, but I will stay out of this topic, I would not like to upset anyone. Bless you all.:bigsmile:
xris

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:00 pm
@I am question,
I am question;97426 wrote:
I have fought in this particular rocky terrain about seven months ago, it was not fun. Its very interesting to see your guys views on this war, but I will stay out of this topic, I would not like to upset anyone. Bless you all.:bigsmile:
You wont upset me as i have had input from those who have served there , any discourse is acceptable.

---------- Post added 10-14-2009 at 01:03 PM ----------

EmperorNero;97415 wrote:
I agree with you. Which surprises me.
But isn't it impossible to create democracy in Afghanistan? They never were a functioning nation. They are just a tribal society. The government is just a corrupt drug-trafficking mob. And they have little more control over the countryside than I have. The Soviets and the British failed in Afghanistan how can we ever think we make that place and those people democratic? Just wanted to hear your take on that.

In my opinion we should stay there as well. But quit with the democracy attempt until we pacified the place. And quit being gentle. Govern it with the military, blow up the enemy and deliver infra structure. Then when things get better maybe democracy has a chance.
I agree, but it needs effort on many issues for it to succeed.
I am question

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:28 pm
@xris,
We should of never misguided our direction to Iraq. With distraction, they gained forces and a surge with allies from Pakistan. It could of ended with Operation Enduring Freedom so so easily. What was the strategy? Eliminate, there is no other course of action here. Then let them continue their civil war, and bless them if they finally reach a decision.

"Im feeling like a Veteran, uncompensated for the blood I left to pour on foreign soils."
xris

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:50 pm
@I am question,
I am question;97439 wrote:
We should of never misguided our direction to Iraq. With distraction, they gained forces and a surge with allies from Pakistan. It could of ended with Operation Enduring Freedom so so easily. What was the strategy? Eliminate, there is no other course of action here. Then let them continue their civil war, and bless them if they finally reach a decision.

"Im feeling like a Veteran, uncompensated for the blood I left to pour on foreign soils."
Sorry but why mention Iraq ? Afghanistan is not a feud between shia and sunni, like Iraq. Its between fundamentalist nutters and reasonable civilians who just want to live normally.
I am question

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 08:55 pm
@xris,
xris;97442 wrote:
Sorry but why mention Iraq ? Afghanistan is not a feud between shia and sunni, like Iraq. Its between fundamentalist nutters and reasonable civilians who just want to live normally.

You need understand my post a little bitter and please read it carefully. I have no more desire in talking about this subject.
Dave Allen

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 02:22 am
@Arif phil,
Xris - he said Iraq was a distraction.

In other words - the mission in Afghanistan should have been brought to a close before operating in a new theatre.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 03:10 am
@I am question,
I am question;97546 wrote:
You need understand my post a little bitter and please read it carefully. I have no more desire in talking about this subject.
sorry, for the misunderstanding... but why post then say you no longer want to post:perplexed:

---------- Post added 10-15-2009 at 04:13 AM ----------

Dave Allen;97579 wrote:
Xris - he said Iraq was a distraction.

In other words - the mission in Afghanistan should have been brought to a close before operating in a new theatre.
Sorry but Iraq was first how can you say Afghanistan should be closed first:perplexed:
Dave Allen

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 05:24 am
@xris,
xris;97597 wrote:
Sorry but Iraq was first how can you say Afghanistan should be closed first:perplexed:

The latest Iraq war was begun when - 2003 was it?

Two years later than 2001 - when the latest Afghanistan war began.
xris

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 06:01 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;97624 wrote:
The latest Iraq war was begun when - 2003 was it?

Two years later than 2001 - when the latest Afghanistan war began.
i must apologise Dave i have my facts wrong.
I am question

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 02:39 pm
@xris,
Thank you dave for clearing things up, much appreciated. Your completely right, we obvisouly knew what the major problem was in the directed campaign, and that theater was very important for the deterrence in Osama Bin Laden. HES IN A CAVE!!!! Someone get him please!
0 Replies