Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 05:33 pm
garlic mashed is very nice but a little old country inn that claims and it is written that they have the bestscrambled eggs.....and the secret is sinply sautee some raw garlic momentary just to flavor the butter or olive oilslightly.

It,s mysteriously delicious. areal mans scrambled egg for sure.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:18 pm
Or, as the case may be, real wimmin's.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:56 pm
DID ANY OF THE POSTS MENTION USING A RICER?
Did any of the posts mention using a ricer? If so, I missed it when I read through all of them.

Buy a small ricer, if you don't already have one. They're cheap. Scrub the potatoes. (You don't have to peel them unless you want to. However, it is a little harder to put them through the ricer.) Cut in chunks and boil. Put through the ricer. Fork lightly into a Tupperware container or similar. Seal tightly. They should keep for several days in the coldest part of the refrigerator - but NOT frozen. When ready to use, mix with whatever spices, seasonings, hot milk, butter, etc., that you prefer. Should make beautiful fluffy mashed potatoes . . . just like Mama's! (She often used a ricer.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:58 pm
I have two oldie kitchen tools, a ricer and a sort of coiled looking masher thing. Like either.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 10:24 pm
I'm peeling them now.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:06 pm
Does anybody use a food mill? No need to peel, just boil the potatoes and put them thru the mill. The skins stay topside while the sorta-riced potatoes fall into a bowl...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:06 pm
Garlic will always make it better.

o
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:07 pm
I lie of course. Lots of people hate garlic, especially one whole branch of the family, whichever family.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:10 pm
ehBeth, I printed that pretty thing out! Now all I need is somebody to eat tatties with!!!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:12 pm
Garlic, how Osso? Cooked or not?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:16 pm
fealola, how come you're up whenever I'm up? yes. Garlic. Cooked or not.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:19 pm
Wy: Laughing You're in the top left corner, I'm in the bottom left corner!
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:25 pm
tee-hee!

I usedta was there... not so far tho, only under the LAX flight path...
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:30 pm
I'm up high and can see that (LAX flight path) from my house!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:57 pm
Sauteed but not burned is always good re how to add some to a dish. Some of us, of course, have been known to hurl whole cloves*, but there is a science to that. When in doubt, saute and don't burn. On random occasions, hurl whole minced bits...

heh, heh.

* lots of cloves in tummy of chicken, famous recipe by many people, including perhaps the latest, Alice Waters.

* just in some soup. Boiled, the clove is somewhat tamed.

* chopped raw, in big bruschetta, say a ciambatta sliced in half, with drained S and W tomatoes, and then probably three big cloves of chopped garlic distributed about evenly, and then dribbles of olive oil, the whole loaf (halved as described) grilled for a bit.....

oh, and some basil on that...
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:58 pm
hee hee. Thanks. EEE. I'm out of garlic.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 12:00 am
Bring the oil to heat and then turn off the fire and throw in the cloves/slices/bits... toss in the other stuff and cook...

Put a whole head covered with olive oil in a ramekin beside the roast. Take it out and squeeze it onto bread...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 12:03 am
Ahhhh.

What do you MEAN you are out of garlic??
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 12:09 am
I like to put some grated cheese on top for some crunch if I'm forced to reheat in the oven ... otherwise the microwave does the job just fine.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 12:09 am
I know. It seems impossible, but I am! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
0 Replies