Why does God permit evil????

Amperage

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:26 pm
@xris,
xris;125511 wrote:
But Christ is an illusion , Jesus the man did not mirror the pagan gods by sacrifice.
?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
0 Replies

hue-man

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:52 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;125493 wrote:
Perhaps to know what you have you must first know what it is to not have it? You can't know love if you have never had it. Even though this accounts for why it would happen it still cancels it out after the fact because eventually you will forget. Such as, a person in love does not know they are until after something occurs, like a minor fluctuation in it or a complete loss of it. While it is happening there is really no analytical thinking that knows it is experiencing love. It comes after.

People like to argue that they know it during but it actually doesn't work that way. Similar to fear, people don't deduce that, "Now I am afraid." No as soon as they reflect upon it their fear subsides usually giving them a moment of self reflection it is replaced temporarily some times. It is a method that is used to over come some intense emotional situations. If it didn't work like this then you would never be able to analyze the emotional state. Which is the argument against for ever endless bliss, would lose it's meaning after about ten minutes give or take.

I've heard this before. This argument says that you can't know what it's like to have something unless you know what it's like not to have it. This doesn't measure up logically. Could I not know my mothers love and care as a child unless I've felt her apathy and cruelty first?

---------- Post added 02-06-2010 at 05:00 PM ----------

Amperage;125508 wrote:
I'm not sure what you expect me to say as if the reason is spelled out in black in white and I'm just keeping it a secret. I could give dozens of reasons none of which may be the ACTUAL reason. What can be safely asserted(IMO) is A reason does exist or else that would be the way it is. What more can I say? I honestly don't need to know the actual reason, only prove that such a reason can exist. And I believe I've satisfied that requirement. In the same way I may have no clue why the sky is blue but I can guarantee a reason does exist or else the sky would indeed not be blue.

I believe this is the arena that God set forth for us to get to know Him. And this arena allotted God the opportunity for Him to exemplify His love for us most purely. By sacrificing Himself for us. What greater expression of love could there be?

With all due respect this measures up to diversion tactics. If you can't make a simple logical distinction between two realms of existence and you can't give an honest answer to a simple question then we have nothing more to discuss. I sincerely enjoyed discussing this with you, though.
Amperage

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 04:05 pm
@hue-man,
hue-man;125517 wrote:
I've heard this before. This argument says that you can't know what it's like to have something unless you know what it's like not to have it. This doesn't measure up logically. Could I not know my mothers love and care as a child unless I've felt her apathy and cruelty first?
I agree with his assessment. You don't necessarily need your mother to be apathetic or cruel but if everyone treated you exactly the same, you would not be able to recognize her love. The fact that others in the world don't treat us like our mothers helps us to recognize just how much our mothers love us. And I think one could safely say that until one experiences something else, one cannot recognize what one has; at least not was fully.
hue-man;125517 wrote:
With all due respect this measures up to diversion tactics. If you can't make a simple logical distinction between two realms of existence and you can't give an honest answer to a simple question then we have nothing more to discuss. I sincerely enjoyed discussing this with you, though.
Is it a diversion tactic or me being honest? I will gladly give a reason just for debate purposes if you wish.

I CAN make a "simple logical distinction between two realms of existence", why can't you make a "simple logical connection"? I can also make a simple logical distinction between me and my brother, but I can also make connections.
What is so illogical about saying there is a connection between heaven and earth?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 04:06 pm
@hue-man,
hue-man;125517 wrote:
xris

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:49 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125523 wrote:
I see my question is still avoided, if you have never experienced the good how can you measure the two? If you have only experience the good what purpose does those who suffer serve you?

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 05:53 AM ----------

Amperage;125512 wrote:
?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
You bring up a particular god as if its existence is certain , you can only stand by the question that is presented. I dont believe Christ died on the cross for our sins, does that change logic of our debate. You cant use it to enforce your replies.
0 Replies

QuinticNon

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 05:29 am
@Alan McDougall,
OK Fil, I've determined where my confusion to your comments is stemming from. And it's a tangled web, so be patient as I try to unravel this.

Fil. Albuquerque;125428 wrote:
Fil. Albuquerque;125426 wrote:
I take the best of both worlds...Why cannot you assume that Information is Order in this Universe and for this Universe alone...

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 05:38 AM ----------

hue-man;125517 wrote:
If you can't make a simple logical distinction between two realms of existence...

The Material Realm vs the Immaterial Realm.

Material Realm consists of Cause/Reaction of Chaos (energy and matter)

Immaterial Realm consists of Thought/Action of Mind (Information)

Cause/Reaction is not the same as Thought/Action.

"Information is Information. Not energy and not matter. Any materialism that does not allow for this cannot survive in the present"
Norbert Weiner, Cybernetics p147

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 06:21 AM ----------

Krumple;125458 wrote:
What if they were awarded with not heaven? Then your argument makes it worse and you fail to justify it.

Not Heaven? That defeats the entire pursuit of this OP. The OP presumes a God in Heaven to begin with. What else would they be rewarded with... Hell? I don't believe in the same Hell as you may presume me to, and the term Heaven was used quite loosely for conversational purposes only. I don't really believe in the traditional Heaven either... floating in the clouds and all that crap. Let's graduate from the childrens picture Bible.

My Heaven and Hell are right here on Earth... in this lifetime. As the story is told...

The Warrior approached the Monk asking him:
"Great Master, teach of the nature of Heaven and Hell".

The Monk looked at him and replied:
"A worthless dog as yourself could never comprehend such great notions".

The Warrior was enraged, and placing his sword to the Monks neck exclaimed:
"Prepare to die Monk, for your insolence will not be tolerated"!

The Monk looked up and smiled, saying:
"Now, you are in Hell".

The Warrior, realizing his error, fell to his knees and cried:
"Forgive me Master, for I have sinned against you".

The Monk looked at him and smiled, saying:
"Now, you are in Heaven".

When I speak of life after death, I speak of entering into a timeless eternity as a being without physical form. A state of "ISness". A being of Pure Information. A being that can become one in union with God, who also happens to be a being of Pure Information.

Krumple;125458 wrote:
What wake up call? They were at least a live. You don't need to kill thousands to improve things. They eventually will improve over time.

How long has Haiti been impoverished? What indicators do we have to conclude that "Time" is on the side of the Haitians and somehow working in their favor?

Krumple;125458 wrote:
This is a very dangerous thought.

I can see how you would think so. But dangerous thoughts are not necessarily incorrect.

Krumple;125458 wrote:
There was no wake up call required here, it is just your opinion that they needed help. I don't think they needed any help. Sure the country was poor, probably due to corruption in the political atmosphere.

Where's the love in that? Is a repressive and violent greedy government any less a tragedy than an earthquake? How may we rush to judge God for a mindless earthquake, and then offer our assistance, yet not rush to judge a corrupt and mindful government and not offer our assistance?

Krumple;125458 wrote:
You don't need a disaster to fix that, in fact the country will be worse off far longer from this than it would be without it.

The country is undergoing a complete rebuilding. Infrastructure will be much better than it was. Attention to their plight is much more focused. The Haitian government is under the scrutiny of the entire international community and their agendas are being exposed... (for instance, the prison crumbled during the earthquake releasing 4000 convicts into the streets. Yet the gov is more concerned with arresting 11 Christians who were trying to help children) This disaster is a catalyst for a better life in Haiti. You cannot say with any certainty that they won't be better for it in the long run.

Is America more or less secure after 911? We probably don't agree with the tactics and loss of civil liberties, but can we really argue against the "wake up call" we got and the resulting infusion of Truth that was set upon us?

Krumple;125458 wrote:
You are saying you only care after there is suffering? Seriously? Well that is a little um messed up don't you think?

That was the point of my comment Krumple. To illustrate how messed up it is that we don't typically express care until after a disaster forces us to face the plight of the impoverished when we should have been concerned all along. You just said they didn't need our help anyway...

Krumple;125458 wrote:
...since he got her killed...

You really think God killed her?

Krumple;125458 wrote:
Remarkably none of the children were killed. What are the odds?

What are the odds that this story strikes a chord of sensitivity in your heart for all grandmothers in the world who are raising children without the proper means to do so? What are the odds this Haitian disaster will soften our hearts and bring us closer to our neighbors and their struggles? What are the odds that we as Humans will wake up and help our fellow man? Did the Haitian disaster increase or decrease those odds?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 07:01 am
@QuinticNon,
QuinticNon;125700 wrote:

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 05:38 AM ----------

The Material Realm vs the Immaterial Realm.

Material Realm consists of Cause/Reaction of Chaos (energy and matter)

Immaterial Realm consists of Thought/Action of Mind (Information)

Cause/Reaction is not the same as Thought/Action.

"Information is Information. Not energy and not matter. Any materialism that does not allow for this cannot survive in the present"
Norbert Weiner, Cybernetics p147
Order encompassing every aspect (variable) of Reality is of utmost importance for Communication purposes...(so there must be not true Chaos, but context instead...what is out of context for a purpose must be in context for another..."noise" is a superposition of contexts...

3 - Even if there were two worlds in contact

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 08:35 AM ----------

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 09:00 AM ----------

xris;125694 wrote:
I see my question is still avoided, if you have never experienced the good how can you measure the two? If you have only experience the good what purpose does those who suffer serve you?
QuinticNon

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 09:21 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125714 wrote:

Then let's try and simplify. Probability doesn't match with Action... ok, common ground. So you accept that Cause/Reaction is not the same as Thought/Action? One requires Chaos, the other requires Mind? Any problems with this?
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:10 am
@xris,
xris;125511 wrote:
But Jesus the man did not mirror the pagan gods by sacrifice.

He probably followed Jewish traditions and sacrificed accordingly.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:11 am
@QuinticNon,
QuinticNon;125735 wrote:
Then let's try and simplify. Probability doesn't match with Action... ok, common ground. So you accept that Cause/Reaction is not the same as Thought/Action? One requires Chaos, the other requires Mind? Any problems with this?
must\and as to be, CODE !
QuinticNon

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:28 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
So you don't see a difference between Cause/Reaction and Thought/Action...? Do I read you correctly?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:31 am
@QuinticNon,
QuinticNon;125749 wrote:
So you don't see a difference between Cause/Reaction and Thought/Action...? Do I read you correctly?
CODE
xris

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:49 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125714 wrote:
Order encompassing every aspect (variable) of Reality is of utmost importance for Communication purposes...(so there must be not true Chaos, but context instead...what is out of context for a purpose must be in context for another..."noise" is a superposition of contexts...

3 - Even if there were two worlds in contact they would harmonize\accommodate each other giving rise to a bigger larger world...(contamination)

4 - My perspective on this is not only Holistic, but it is in constant search for simplicity, its a Monist perspective...it demands ONE True Nature...Conflict and error must be dialectically eradicated...(explained)
There must be no inconsistencies...

(continues) but you can answer already to this first block...

Best Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 08:35 AM -------------------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 09:00 AM ----------
What in hells name are you on about ? do you think wrapping it up in certain malign way it will defuse the debate and making it easier for you to avoid answering? Your not alone in thinking that by altering the perspective of the debate I'm going to go away and not insist on you of faiths answer the question, this thread begs you to. You know the question its not linear or any other such reason you can give for not answering. Whose not showing respect here? is that the next proposed excuse for avoidance?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:52 am
@xris,
xris;125756 wrote:
What in hells name are you on about ? do you think wrapping it up in certain malign way it will defuse the debate and making it easier for you to avoid answering? Your not alone in thinking that by altering the perspective of the debate I'm going to go away and not insist on you of faiths answer the question, this thread begs you to. You know the question its not linear or any other such reason you can give for not answering. Whose not showing respect here? is that the next proposed excuse for avoidance?

...To the best of my ability I think I give a crystal clear answer...but if I failed to do so on your perspective, I apologise for my incapacity to communicate...
( ...and for those who are in doubt go back in the Thread and read carefully my words...)
QuinticNon

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:01 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125751 wrote:

You're really loosing me here. Thought is Caused? Caused by a NEED for Action? So we are puppets?

How does "awareness" imply?

How will this explain a Thought about another Thought? I'm am now Thinking about the way I used to Think about Motorcycles. What was the NEED that Caused me to Think this Thought?

Can't say I disagree. But this doesn't mean that I must think about something. Being aware of something does not force me to think about it. But I adhere to common science and philosophy of what thought actually is. Thought is a description of phenomenon. We must codify our experiential awareness into a description. We do this with code. That's why cognition testing is primarily language based.

If I burn my finger (cause) and pull away quickly in pain (reaction)... That's just cause and reaction to stimuli. No thinking has occurred here.

But when I describe the experience, even if only within my mind (ouch!), that's when thought occurs. The more I describe my experience, the more thinking I do about it. I can think about it a lot and describe the oven temp, the creek of the door, the smell of the pizza... all continued thinking about my burned finger... because of description.

But nothing required me to describe and think about my burned finger. I could have left it at cause/reaction only and never desired to express thought/action whatsoever.

And I can think without a cause present. A simple desire to write a poem is not an external cause... it's an internal thought... without any cause needed.

...LAW is what remains intact, not Thought...same is to say CODE !

How can a LAW even exist without a Thought expressed upon a Code to bring it into existence?

I don't get it.
xris

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:10 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125758 wrote:
...To the best of my ability I think I give a crystal clear answer...but if I failed to do so on your perspective, I apologise for my incapacity to communicate...
( ...and for those who are in doubt go back in the Thread and read carefully my words...)
If you could point to the post , ide appreciate it.
0 Replies

hue-man

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:21 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125523 wrote:

Appreciation and knowing are two different things. Answer this simple question for me. Could I not know the love and care of my mother without first experiencing her apathy and cruelty?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:36 am
@QuinticNon,
QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
You're really loosing me here. Thought is Caused? Caused by a NEED for Action? So we are puppets?

Yes we are ! Causality requires that !
...If you have no NEED of nothing you wont think a thing...Thinking emerges from Needs and pulsions, even if abstract indirect ones...

QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
How does "awareness" imply?

Awareness requires full Logic Causality between 2 different states of mind...same is to say Thought implies Logic even if faulty do to other variables, cohesion is required...

QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
How will this explain a Thought about another Thought? I'm am now Thinking about the way I used to Think about Motorcycles. What was the NEED that Caused me to Think this Thought?
...Because you felt it was important to think on that for some X purpose...

QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
Can't say I disagree. But this doesn't mean that I must think about something. Being aware of something does not force me to think about it. But I adhere to common science and philosophy of what thought actually is. Thought is a description of phenomenon. We must codify our experiential awareness into a description. We do this with code. That's why cognition testing is primarily language based.

...Being aware requires that you have thought about it Consciously in a certain close in time, window...(automation or reflexed action is different)

QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
If I burn my finger (cause) and pull away quickly in pain (reaction)... That's just cause and reaction to stimuli. No thinking has occurred here.

...Pain increases with awareness...try the same under hypnosis and them talk about it...

QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
But when I describe the experience, even if only within my mind (ouch!), that's when thought occurs. The more I describe my experience, the more thinking I do about it. I can think about it a lot and describe the oven temp, the creek of the door, the smell of the pizza... all continued thinking about my burned finger... because of description.

..out of context...even automation requires awareness of danger...plus, the description of the experience is a straight forward reaction to the trauma of pain...and a form of integration and accommodation of that trauma...

QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
But nothing required me to describe and think about my burned finger. I could have left it at cause/reaction only and never desired to express thought/action whatsoever.
QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
And I can think without a cause present. A simple desire to write a poem is not an external cause... it's an internal thought... without any cause needed.

...this is absurd ! ...you cannot pinpoint the ultimate causal sequence to "in" or "out" of you whatever that means...

QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
How can a LAW even exist without a Thought expressed upon a Code to bring it into existence?
QuinticNon;125761 wrote:
I don't get it.

The Father=Wholeness=Structure=Universe=God=One
The Son=Part=Context=Conjuncture=Man=Plural
The Holly Spirit=Causality=Dialectic=Movement=Flux=Energy

Best Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 12:44 PM ----------

hue-man;125765 wrote:
Appreciation and knowing are two different things. Answer this simple question for me. Could I not know the love and care of my mother without first experiencing her apathy and cruelty?

...That one is easy !
You experience the Love of your mother, not against her cruelty, but in opposition to your normal state of needing her, or any other substitute, once you are alone in the world and with yourself, witch does not satisfy...
...and yes, still, psychological experience is relative to the referents that you have...as their amplitude also...
QuinticNon

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:57 am
@Alan McDougall,
What Code did you read this LAW upon?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 12:04 pm
@QuinticNon,
QuinticNon;125777 wrote:
What Code did you read this LAW upon?