Why does God permit evil????

hue-man

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 12:55 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125768 wrote:
...That one is easy !
You experience the Love of your mother, not against her cruelty, but in opposition to your normal state of needing her, or any other substitute, once you are alone in the world and with yourself, witch does not satisfy...
...and yes, still, psychological experience is relative to the referents that you have...as their amplitude also...

You're missing my point, so let me just state it. I can experience and enjoy the love and care of my mother without experiencing her apathy and cruelty first. In this analogy the mother's love and care is heaven and God, while the mother's apathy and cruelty is God and earth. The notion that you can't experience or even enjoy the feeling of bliss without first experiencing misery is blatantly false and presumptuous.
xris

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 01:12 pm
@hue-man,
It goes further than that, he has confirmed that a child dying alone in Africa will assist us in understanding this principle. What i ask, what does that child get from this proposition.
Amperage

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 01:14 pm
@xris,
xris;125789 wrote:
It goes further than that, he has confirmed that a child dying alone in Africa will assist us in understanding this principle. What i ask, what does that child get from this proposition.
eternal life in heaven
Krumple

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 01:36 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;125792 wrote:
eternal life in heaven

What does that mean?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 01:38 pm
@hue-man,
hue-man;125786 wrote:
You're missing my point, so let me just state it. I can experience and enjoy the love and care of my mother without experiencing her apathy and cruelty first. In this analogy the mother's love and care is heaven and God, while the mother's apathy and cruelty is God and earth. The notion that you can't experience or even enjoy the feeling of bliss without first experiencing misery is blatantly false and presumptuous.
you have to lose energy in order to look for more !

...BALANCE is the WORD...

...To my reasoning, Heaven is just a childish pretension... Froid would probably say that one misses the womb of our mother, or something like that, about that projection...anyway enjoy your dream ! :a-ok:

...The closest thing to Heaven that logic assists as an acceptable concept is Nirvana or Oblivion...
Amperage

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 01:54 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;125797 wrote:
What does that mean?
everlasting existence in the presence of an All-loving God, in which our perishable bodies are raised an imperishable body
xris

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 01:55 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;125792 wrote:
eternal life in heaven
So how did it obtain that prize?
Amperage

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 01:57 pm
@xris,
xris;125802 wrote:
So how did it obtain that prize?
it's a gift......

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 01:58 PM ----------

Fil. Albuquerque;125798 wrote:

...To my reasoning, Heaven is just a childish pretension... Froid would probably say that one misses the womb of our mother, or something like that, about that projection...anyway enjoy your dream ! :a-ok:

...The closest thing to Heaven that logic assists as an acceptable concept is Nirvana or Oblivion...
You have stated you think God brings order to the universe no? Or that God is the universe. Do you think God is alive?
hue-man

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:00 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125798 wrote:

Heaven is this world for me. It's happiness, suffering and overcoming in my view. The will to nothingness (nirvana) is the negation of life, thus heaven for those who loathe it.
Pyrrho

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:06 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;125803 wrote:
it's a gift. ...

That, however, does not explain why the child died alone in the first place. Why not just put people in heaven to begin with, instead of torturing them on earth first? Evidently, God is a sadist, who creates beings in order to torture them.

Of course, the easiest supposition is simply that there is no god, and then we have no "mystery" why suffering occurs.
xris

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:07 pm
@hue-man,
So you admit Amp that man can gain access to heaven without trial or acceptance of gods will ?
0 Replies

Amperage

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:13 pm
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;125806 wrote:
That, however, does not explain why the child died alone in the first place. Why not just put people in heaven to begin with, instead of torturing them on earth first? Evidently, God is a sadist, who creates beings in order to torture them.

Of course, the easiest supposition is simply that there is no god, and then we have no "mystery" why suffering occurs.
Hue-man and I discussed this "problem of heaven" for several pages see between posts #1133 to #1157
just to highlight some noteworthy responses that were made see these:

yes I believe in heaven, but I do not believe that we can consider heaven in isolation from the earthly decision that led to eternal life. We had free will on earth, and God simply permanently cemented our free-willed choice. Love still exists in heaven because God affirms the free-willed decision to follow God while on earth.

yes I believe heaven is a better place but cannot be considered in isolation from the here and now....One cannot have heaven without first passing through earth. It's like saying isn't being 21 better than being 14? One cannot get to 21 without going through 14. And indeed 21 is only as good BECAUSE of what preceded it

I just explained this. They cannot be considered in isolation from one another. If they could you would be absolutely correct, I grant this.

No, that does not follow. Heaven is the culmination of the our earthly experience. In the same way that it is logically impossible for 2 to come before 1 whether or not 2 is of greater value or not, it is logically impossible to get to heaven before earth. If you want to be created in heaven you must first pass through earth. It is logically impossible to skip the first and get straight to the second. Therefore God, in doing what is best, created you here so that you can experience what is next.

I also agree with you that unless there is a necessity that connects heaven and earth in such a way as to make it logically impossible to have one without the other then, yes, God did not do His best. I admit this. Now can you admit that it is possible not necessarily so but possible that indeed there could be such a connection?

being in different "realms" does not infer isolation in the sense that there is no connection between the two realms. IMO it is the case that in order to get to heavenly realm one must first pass through the earthly realm. Thereby creating a connection between the two realms. Being in different realms does not imply isolation only a different form.

I feel that we will now continue going round and round

I agree with you that if a connection between heaven and earth does not exist in such a way as to make it logically impossible to have one without the other then, yes, God did not do His best. I admit this.

Now can you admit that it is possible, not necessarily so, but possible, that indeed, such a connection might exist? That it is not impossible for such a connection to exist.

One thing I think I can safely assert is that heaven for us cannot exist without earth.

If I understand your argument, you are saying,
"If there is a god who created the universe and us humans in it, and this god is all-powerful and loving and all those other good things, then why did this God not just put us in heaven where all is perfect, rather than having us go through this messy process of being born, and being being mistreated, and doing bad things, and having to learn how to do good things, and suffering, and seeing other people suffer, and dieing?"

And Amperage is saying, "This whole process that we go through on earth with all the stuff that we have to go through and learn from are all necessary as a part of getting to be in heaven."

Here is an analogy for your argument, Hue-man:
You seem to think that being in the end-zone is where you aught to start, and the game is over and there was nothing for anyone to prove. Ask anyone who has played football for the fun of it, and they will tell you that all the effort and the pain were worth it, whether they won or lost. In Football, as in life, it is not whether you "win" or you "lose", it is how you play that makes you a better person.

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 02:15 PM ----------

xris;125807 wrote:
So you admit Amp that man can gain access to heaven without trial or acceptance of gods will ?
I admit that one must exist on earth first, and outside of that I believe there is an age of accountability before which people are covered.
xris

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:18 pm
@Amperage,
So its within gods ability to allow us to experience heaven without the trials of life or face evil ?
Amperage

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:21 pm
@xris,
xris;125813 wrote:
So its within gods ability to allow us to experience heaven without the trials of life or face evil ?
babies face trials yes, not only that but IMO any baby who dies would have accepted God had they lived, but perhaps God knew something ahead in their life that would lead to for lack of a better word terribleness the likes of which would have been worse than death. And not only that but less people would come to know God if they had not died.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:24 pm
@hue-man,
hue-man;125805 wrote:
Heaven is this world for me. It's happiness, suffering and overcoming in my view. The will to nothingness (nirvana) is the negation of life, thus heaven for those who loathe it.

...Is not about Nothingness but Wholeness witch goes obviously in the same way for practical effects...

...And yes I agree with you, heaven is here...what I meant was, the closest thing to heaven as people normally see it, a place with no suffering...Nirvana gets to that much...
Amperage

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:25 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125815 wrote:
...Is not about Nothingness but Wholeness witch goes obviously in the same way for practical effects...

...And yes I agree with you, heaven is here...what I said was the closest thing to heaven as people normally see it, a place with no suffering...Nirvana gets to that much...
what is your opinion on the notion of our "soul"? Do you think we have souls? Or a part of us than transcends our material bodies? Do you think anything transcends the material world?just curious
Krumple

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:28 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;125801 wrote:
everlasting existence in the presence of an All-loving God, in which our perishable bodies are raised an imperishable body

Interesting how you propose something in which you have absolutely no way to verify. I ask, how would this imperishable body sustain itself? You can't have a thing based off no requirement. Where does it get it's ability to be? You mean to say that everything as we know it and understand reality is completely moot? If it is, what is the point in creating a universe where such requirements are necessary for the sustained system but then there is a realm where they are not required? It goes against the logic of the realm.

If you had the ability to create a universe where no input is required for a system to function, why not create it that way? Instead you opt to create a universe where systems require input to function but at the end of those systems no requirement is necessary? That is just absurdity at it's finest. You seriously believe there is an existence where no systems require anything to function?
QuinticNon

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:29 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;125779 wrote:

It's important for us to be precise in our definition of words. I cannot allow you to shanghai the word Code just because it makes you feel better about your personal theory. There are extremely precise qualifiers needed in order to call something a Code. So far, none of your interpretations fit.

Patterns and Code are not the same things Fil. In fact, they're quite the opposites. You can't just say that Code is everywhere in the Universe. It is not, and thus, Information is not everywhere in the Universe either.

I get called ignorant because I adhere to formal definitions of words? Try again Fil.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:31 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;125817 wrote:
what is your opinion on the notion of our "soul"? Do you think we have souls? Or a part of us than transcends our material bodies? just curious
Amperage

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:33 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;125819 wrote:
Interesting how you propose something in which you have absolutely no way to verify. I ask, how would this imperishable body sustain itself? You can't have a thing based off no requirement. Where does it get it's ability to be? You mean to say that everything as we know it and understand reality is completely moot? If it is, what is the point in creating a universe where such requirements are necessary for the sustained system but then there is a realm where they are not required? It goes against the logic of the realm.

If you had the ability to create a universe where no input is required for a system to function, why not create it that way? Instead you opt to create a universe where systems require input to function but at the end of those systems no requirement is necessary? That is just absurdity at it's finest. You seriously believe there is an existence where no systems require anything to function?
I didn't say it required nothing I think 2 examples are possibly given in the bible when God provided the isrealites with mana and also when Jesus said that man shall not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. God also says His grace is sufficient for thee. I think what makes it hard to imagine is our bias about how systems work. If one lived in heaven it may seem strange to need.
It does sound divine though that's for sure and I don't claim to know how it works
0 Replies