Alien life? -- your take on the subject

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 02:37 pm
Sorry mea culpa, another example of redikulization. Eh Wolf?
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 03:32 pm
roll:
0 Replies

HankTheWonderDog

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 05:27 am
You folks should see one of the big "triangles" from less than a hundred yards away. Odd, distorting to perception and just plain cool. Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:47 am
Triangles, Hank? Oh - and welcome - we've been needing another dog or two...

Which triangles do you mean?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:13 am
Just yesterday afternoon I watched Contact and thinking about Carl Sagen. That is all the evidence I need about alien life. I think.

One thing for sure all the bits and pieces that came togther to make us had to have happened else where.

But I guess that depends on what alien means.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 09:21 pm
dlowan wrote:
we've been needing another dog or two...

Although i would of course agree with that statement, i some how suspect sarcasm . . .
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 08:45 am
"What", Set;

'sarcasm . . . ,'

from dlowan??? Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 08:46 am
Yes, i should bite my tongue . . . certainly not from Our Dear Wabbit . . .
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 09:11 am
i understand that the new 'whitestrips' work well as bandages for the tongue; if one is crazy enough to put such things in one's mouth! Shocked

(i'll stick to my foot! Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 03:37 pm
nice one bgw, if only such humility prevailed throughout the universie
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 03:39 pm
Universie?
0 Replies

skotup1

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 01:55 pm
one of the appolo space crafts had accidently allowed bacteria to grow on it before take off. when it returned to earth the bacteria was fed and it began growing again.... life can exist in space.

Billions of years ago as asteriods collided with earth, earth chucks were bumped out into space, they could have then collided with other planets. Similarly it happens to other plantes. An ateroid collided with mars and sent an asteroid from mars to earth. They found it a couple of years ago and found fossilised bacteria in this rock from mars... life did exist on mars.

Which beggs the question, did life begin on earth or did cells arrive on earth from another planet? if so has earth sent out bacteria to other plantes? if so has it evolved? if so has it evolved into intellegent life?

the possibility of there being absolutely no life newhere else would be as close as u can get, without it being, zero.
0 Replies

T Rex

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 02:38 am
For the Skeptics
Phew! I just read 18 pages in two hours!
What was the topic again? Oh, that's right...

My take on the subject?

Yes, Alien life exists
(either that or our Gov't s deserve to be kicked out).

Yes! An extreme statement! Can I prove it?
Not well enough to convince a 'skeptic'.
Skeptics (on most topics) like to believe that noone can ever know and so give up searching for answers, waiting for the answer to seek them out and present itself directly to their face before they will be convinced
(just like religious people who think they already have the god-given answers and don't need to keep searching).
Let me try anyway:

The UFO phenomena itself is something that should make people question several things, whether they believe in Alien's or not.
I don't want to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't think, but here's how I imagine things...

If Wolf is right and the Gov't is hidng it from us, then why? Either it's for our Safety or it is to keep us Ignorant.

If it's for our Safety shouldn't we be allowed to decide that for ourself? We are all grown-ups with free will, - Our life should be our own to risk.
(At least they should make it obvious for people who want to know that there is something worth knowing, without scaring those who don't want to know. How could they do that? - By setting up website's, rumour's, books, etc... like disclosure.com? So that people who are interested have an avenue to truth.)
What if human gov't's had made contact with ET's, and only those inquisitive enough to seek for themselves were deemed worthy to know? (I don't personally believe this, but...)
We won't ever find out by not seeking the answers, staying skeptical.

Or:
If it was kept secret to keep us Ignorant then that would mean the Gov't is planning something behind our backs, costing billions of taxpayer dollars, all for their own 'elite' advantage, secretly using the alien technology and benefits (and Safety?) while the rest of us remain an ignorant lower class.
Is this the type of Gov't we want, or voted for? Do we care that we may be being denied a better quality of life? How will we know, if we just assume 'we can never know', and don't seek the answers for ourselves?

Or:
If it is all just a total Hoax created by the Pentagon or other authorities what is it really covering up?
What secret is so big that our leaders (democratically elected representatives of the PEOPLE - You and I) have to make up such elaborate schemes and get their employee's to create false accounts, etc. Is this the Gov't we voted for, or want to decide for us the way we live? Are these honest people? (ha,ha,ha, - Huh?)
Why has it lasted so long (at least since 1947, I believe much earlier) even past the Cold War days.
They must have something that they (still) don't want us to have (or our enemies to have - see above for the 'our own Safety' option).
Our leaders must have an elite level quality of life (in whatever form that may take) that they want kept out of the PEOPLE's knowledge.

If it has nothing to do with the Gov't at all then try asking the relevant authorities some direct ET/UFO related questions (if you can corner them on the subject in the first place) and watch how everything comes up Classified - Classified - Classified (you must know this will happen).
So there IS something secret that our Gov'ts are keeping from us in the ET/UFO field.
We won't find out what it is by staying comfortable in our skepticism and not searching for ourselves.
The gov't will keep on abusing us through the ignorance they have created in us and when "disclosure-day" comes (in whatever form) the Elite will be at a major advantage over the rest of us (in whatever form).

With any of these options the democratically elected representative's of 'We the People' know something we don't and are Lying to keep it from us.
The bigger question may be:
What is it they are keeping from us? Confused

I'm sorry if I offended any skeptics, I just had to show why I am not one... Skepticism is good to have, it will stop you from getting hoodwinked, but I get dissappointed seeing so many intelligent people just giving up on life's most interesting aspects, when there's still a ways to go.

Me stop talking now. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 09:06 am
Nice to have another Ozian here, Boss. I cannot agree with what you write, however, on the subject of sceptics. Because one is unwilling to accept an extreme explanation of the hitherto unexplained, does not mean that one has given up on investigating the world which we all inhabit. Keep in mind, please, what William of Occam wrote: Entia non sunt multiplicanda, causes are not to be multiplied. A genuine sceptic is someone who is interested in finding the simplest answers which will explain something, while avoiding extravagent hypotheses. Those who make extraordinary claims are obliged to provide verifiable evidence, if they expect others to believe them.

It is also worth noting that in the links which Wolf provides, it is possible to trace each contention to a single source. For example, he repeatedly refers to a French study. But every link he has posted in support of his contention has the same source, although one must trace them back to that source. Most of them are so baldly contempuous of their readers, that they have simply lifted the text of the original, spurious claims wholesale--they've just cut and pasted the text. The source is a young French student whose banner for his home page contains a condemnation of all scientists and their methods. Rather an extreme case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. So, in fact, Wolf's references for the French study do not represent several sources, but only one--and that source is self-evidently untrustworthy, and in fact, has patently false statements about the contents of the study. Interesting that this young man condemns all scientists, and yet uses a scientific study to support his claims, after editing the material to fit his agenda. Walter posted links to the French study, and a site by those who conducted the study. At that later site, the investigators specifically state that they have no evidence of alien visitations. This is what scepticism is about--investigation which is as objective as one is capable of being.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 09:51 am
Which reminds me of another member of this forum who used to love posting NASA's SOHO solar photographs thinking they supported her claim that there's a 2nd sun headed towards earth. (I should add that there are quite a few such believers.) As soon as the other objects in the photos were identified & explained to her, however, she claimed that there still was a 2nd rouge sun but that NASA would obviously have doctored the photos so as not to cause a panic. When someone "refuses to be confused by the facts," they do a lot more harm to their position than others could hope to.

I am interested in the (few & far between) legitimately mysterious UFO sightings, but I'm among those who don't buy that unidentified flying objects suggest alien visitation, and unfortunately most alien theory proponents I encounter, such as Wolf, are far more bullheaded with their theories than are the "debunksters" they're always warning of.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:03 am
I believe that the blood of aliens runs through my own veins....I am not the only one to believe this.......
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:21 am
Could it be, BPB, that you are in fact the gruesome result of an alien experiment gone horribly wrong?? Maybe we'll never know for sure, but I strongly doubt I'm the only one who believes this. . .
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:36 am
By the way, what do you suppose they've accomplished with all their anal probings?? I mean besides discovering that one in 10 humans enjoys it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:42 am
I should think it would be obvious by now that the only real uncontestable imperical knowledge gained by anal probings is that 10 out of 10 aliens enjoy it......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:03 am
Woke up this morning with light in my eyes
and then realized it was still dark outside
It was a light comin´down from the sky
I don´t know who or why

Must be those strangers that come every night
Whose saucers shaped light put people up tight
Leave blue green footprints that glow in the dark
I hope they get home all right

Hey Mr.Spaceman, won´t you please take me along