Alien life? -- your take on the subject

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:58 am
Heavy on questions, light on answers: PROJECT AURORA
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 11:05 am
As far as anyone knows, Project Aurora has been 'officially' abandoned....
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 11:26 am
Quote:
I'll believe the aliens, if and when they deign to disclose themselves, I guess.

And how would they do that, you think, without scaring the crap out of us? Hack into our satellite shows? No one would believe it.

What do you all think the Disclosure project is about? Retired officers with too much time on their hands and the sincere wish of being ridiculed, scorned and harassed all over the planet in the final stage of their life?

Wouldn't you rather concede that they might be speaking the truth?

PS: Thanks go out to you, JL.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 01:12 pm
Wolf, I don't deny they might be telling the truth. In fact, I'm confident many of them are telling the truth as they perceive it to be. That's still not "Proof", that's annecdote.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 01:14 pm
cavfancier wrote:
As far as anyone knows, Project Aurora has been 'officially' abandoned....

I do seem to recall that's the current official line Mr. Green
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 01:26 pm
Quote:
Wolf, I don't deny they might be telling the truth. In fact, I'm confident many of them are telling the truth as they perceive it to be.

Now we're heading somewhere. And why wouldn't you trust dozens of experienced airline pilots, officers, astronauts, scientists when they are certain that what they saw could not be terrestrial in origin?

Would you disbelieve them, if you knew them personally all your life?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 01:33 pm
Set

Great post thanks

espcially like "necessitating early and frequent efforts at reproduction" Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 01:37 pm
Well, i've always been a big proponent of early and frequent efforts at reproduction . . . i'm sure you see the logic . . .
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 01:39 pm
You me and Charles Dawen
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 01:40 pm
sorry about spelling, had a very nice vin d'alsace
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 01:52 pm
Actually, Wolf, I happen to know a few; I'm an old airplane driver myself. I've seen some wierd **** myself, too, both with my feet on the rudder pedals, and with my feet firmly planted on the ground. What it might have been or not have been, I just don't know. It was wierd ****. Still is. The questions still need answers.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:13 pm
Not that it is a big deal, but I'll relate to you just one of my experiences in that regard, which turned out not to be so wierd. One night, I became aware of a redly luminous object wich appeared to be stationed and tracking some distance off and slightly behind my left wing, despite no onboard radar confirmation of what I could clearly see as being "out there". Neither slight nor vigorous altering of the vector, altitude, and attitude of my plane broke the "contact"; the reddish luminosity seemed to vary relative position slightly, if at all, remaining more or less constantly off and slightly behind my left wing. As the luminosity did not appear to be evidencing hostile intent, I decided to have a cigarette and think about what might be my most logical approach to a perplexing, if not immediately threatening, situation. The swirling smoke in the cockpit immediately revealed to me that the flashlight, one of those skinny, machined aluminum, double-A, narrow-beam high-intensity types, with a night-vision-preserving red filter affixed, attached by velcro strap to my flightsuit's left lower leg was on, its beam, reflected in the cigarette smoke, knifing straight to the windscreen by my left shoulder. Damn, I felt silly. Never said anything about it, though. 'Till now. Never said much about smokin' while on duty, either.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:17 pm
Until now; and, it is now preserved for eternity Wink
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:22 pm
Yup, Guess so, Bill ... I'm busted Laughing
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:28 pm
And the unexplained experiences?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:28 pm
Then again, if anyone ever questions your sanity - you could point to this as proof that you continue to look for rational results, hmmmmmmmmm Wink

wolf, don't argue a point not at issue - timber never distrusted anybody, gees man!!!!
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:34 pm
Quote:
Actually, Wolf, I happen to know a few; I'm an old airplane driver myself.

If we trust them , BillW and Timberlandko, we can finally rest our plea. And agree with them that there are extraterrestrial craft here, and that the government has covered it up. Because they say no less. They even say much more.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:38 pm
That's great wolf, but some of us believe in actually physical evidence - so be it!!!!!
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:41 pm
Testimonies are physical, Bill.
0 Replies

skeptic

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:47 pm
Aliens
It would be arrogant of us to believe we are the only lifeforms in the universe. That is obvious. It may also be somehwat naive to assume we are the only beings to have obtained some level of "intelligence". However, to date, there is no sound evidence that beings from other planets/star systems have contacted us in any way.
There has never been a UFO sighting or alien abduction claim that has any real evidence. All we have are personal stories, fuzzy photographs, and alot of imagination! I keep an open mind about what kind of life is in our universe, but to believe that we have been visited by these lifeforms is nothing more than a leap of faith. The evidence strongly points against it, in my opinion.
I believe the universe is a wonderful and exciting place, with lots of secrets to be unlocked. So why ruin this wonder by closing yourself in a box and choosing to believe unsubstantiated claims. If and when any real evidence for intelligent beings occurs, I'll be the first to open my mind to it.
Greg
0 Replies