Alien life? -- your take on the subject

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 06:32 am
Quote:
. . . most successful hoaxes in the history of ufology. . .

Hardly to be considered much of a superlative, given the eager, almost excruciating credulity of those who so strongly wish to believe in alien visitation.

Steve, in another thread, i went to this kind of trouble to explode his contentions about the French UFO report. It will do no good, he's decided to believe, and nothing so mundane as either physical proof, or the lack thereof, is going to change that.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 06:35 am
oh, and I forgot another technique, selectivity of evidence. We can dismiss the Condon report becuase it does not support our preconceived ideas
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 06:58 am
You guys want us to believe in your proof for hoaxes, but don't admit for a second the fitting validity of the extraterrestrial origin for several UFOs. You haven't answered. Are all of these witnesses lying? Colonels from the USA, France, Great Britain. Government intelligence employees, retired pilots, astrophysicists say there has been a cover up and a ridiculisation of the extraterrestrial explanation. All you try to do is to continue that ridiculisation. The longer you try, the more transparent and unfounded your operation becomes.

Give it another try. Now you're gonna tell me I shouldn't trust hear-say, no matter who the witnesses are.

Lots of laughs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 07:44 am
Wolf, your problem is that you assume in advance the rectitude of the "evidence" you get from some pretty dodgy web sites.

wolf wrote:
Colonels from the USA, France, Great Britain. Government intelligence employees, retired pilots, astrophysicists say there has been a cover up and a ridiculisation of the extraterrestrial explanation.

No Wolf, that's inaccurate. You have read from unreliable sources that these people have said as much. You've never provided a shred of evidence that such individuals have said this, rather, only links to sites at which others say this is true. In responding to the ranting UFO fanatic Fluid in another thread, i pointed out that i'm not calling hundreds of people liars, just those who set up these specious web sites. It only takes one liar . . .
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 08:06 am
Finally, the 'unreliable internet'-argument - what kept you so long?

I know a guy who keeps a website named CNN. He's creative with it 24/7. It's amazing how many people read what he comes up with. Such imagination, so many personalities inside his head... it's frightening. And it's all spin!

No, the UFO witnesses, seƱor setanta, the very same, are also directly on the Disclosure dvd, in live interviews. Yes, you have to order it. But it's cheaper than going to church on sundays.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 08:11 am
http://www.dieseldonkey.com/archives/retard.jpg
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:29 am
Arguing is arguing in my book. Whatever the medium is. Quite a distasteful intervention, by the way.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:51 am
Yeah, Slap, how distasteful of you . . . and in such a serious, profoundly important thread . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

btw, Wolf, i don't rely on the CNN site for exactly the same reason as those i've given--a questionable reliability. The Disclosure DVD, huh? Glad to see that you're using someone's hard earned dollars to support Steven Greer, alleged MD and proven liar.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:04 am
(edited out the big photo)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:10 am
http://www.siteaboutnothing.com/images/i-want-to-believe.jpg
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:11 am
Is that what you do Wolf, buy your proof? No wonder you are committed.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:14 am
wolf wrote:
Quote:
Unidentified flying objects remain as such until they are identified as a frisbie or lamp shade or spurious blob of emulsion

Or as extraterrestrial mechanical devices.

Which, of course, none have ever been identified as.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:14 am
Nice posts Slappy, but careful now you might get us all excluded. Sorry that should be excommunicated.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:16 am
wolf wrote:
Arguing is arguing in my book. Whatever the medium is. Quite a distasteful intervention, by the way.

Then perhaps debating is more your style, but in a debate, one has to produce objective evidence to support one's claims.

Any idea when we can expect some?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:20 am
Hey Cephus, is your conscience wrestling with the inherent contradictions in the Bible, or is that guy just having a problem bringing home a couple of bits of 2 by 4?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:29 am
To regress (I think thats an apropriate word on this thread) for a moment

How do we believe in Mars? I took that to be a rhetorical question, but in fact its quite interesting.

How is it we believe in anything? Do we believe in God? or America? or putting the milk in before the tea?

These are profound questions and to paraphrase Marx, someday I intend answering them.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:29 am
truth
One can make "nice" posts and still be a jerk.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:33 am
One can also make "jerky" post and still be nice - there lies the dilemma Cool
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:48 am
I think this brings us to Heisenburg's uncertainty principle, and Schroedinger (who had a cat).

How is it possible to define completely someone's nicetey and have no information on their jerkisity?
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:59 am
Do keep on avoiding the issue.

British Admiral, Lord Hill-Norton:
Quote:
Former Astronaut Edgar Mitchell:
Quote:
It has been the subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and to create confusion so the truth doesn't come out. Disinformation is simply another method of stonewalling. And that's been used consistently for the last 50 years or so.
see the interview

Every reasonable person would concede that this leaves room for reasonable doubt over the impossibility for the extraterrestrial origin of UFOs.
0 Replies