The A2K U.F.O. discussion thread

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:39 am
@Setanta,
Some possible reasons could be natural resources.
Could be related to past interactions with humans.
Perhaps this planet was once temporarily inhabited by an alien intelligence.
Perhaps it's the study of a life-sustainable plant in the galaxy.

Question: Why do we send mars rovers, sattelites, why do we have a space station? Why do we search for water and life elsewhere?
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1995828,00.html

There seems to be a thirst for knowledge of our universe, and a hope to connect with an intelligent life form if it is out there.
http://www.romow.com/tech-blog/nasa-sends-the-beatles-into-space/
So the question I would ask is why would an advanced race be an exception?
xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:31 pm
@CarbonSystem,
Do you ever wonder why they are so devious in their ability to be certainly certified as anything other than a UFO. Why is their value always claimed, but never proved. Like sulking foxes of the night , we glimpse of, but they never show themselves with any certainty. My experience was no different and my friends are the same. I reject the obvious as fraud and the misty as inconclusive. It appears the nature of the beast, these ghostly apparitions we either scoff at or enquire. Its the nature of man to desire a friend more advanced, more moral, to save us from ourselves. I believe, I believe..in what? I know not, what.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:32 pm
I'm really not making the ufo's I and 4 others saw, but if none object to this fact I'll assume an overall agreement on the forum that what I have seen was a ufo, and not of a human origin.
xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:56 pm
@CarbonSystem,
But surely the term signifies, that we, you dont know. You have made the leap of faith. We live with doubt about others claims, we cant agree or disagree with your claims surely? A personal experience, is just that and does not give any great change of opinion for others.
CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 03:00 pm
@xris,
True, nobody here actually knows me beyond my name on this forum, so of course it could all be made up. But if one wants to believe that I'm being honest about all of this, why shouldn't it affect people's beliefs or non-beliefs?
Leap of faith? Just a bit of clarificatio nplease
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:00 pm
@CarbonSystem,
Have you read about research into lights generated by the earths magnetic field along fault lines ? Or ball lightning ?
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:05 pm
@CarbonSystem,
The earth is a small planet orbiting an unprepossessing star at the end of one of the spiral arms of this galaxy. In vernacular terms, we live in the boonies. So my questions remain, and remain valid. Do you suggest that there are civilizations out there which have such massive material and energy resources and the leisure to visit every nook and cranny of the galaxy? You have completely dodged the question, which is why an alien intelligence would end up here. Positing silliness such as that this planet was once inhabited by an alien species is nonsense on the order of suggesting that every unidentified phenomenon which we think we see which we think is flying is evidence that we are routinely visited by alien intelligences.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:53 pm
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:
I'm really not making the ufo's I and 4 others saw, but if none object to this fact I'll assume an overall agreement on the forum that what I have seen was a ufo, and not of a human origin.

So let me get this straight, you saw some red lights in the sky and have conclusively deduced that they are not of human origin?
Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Aliens - ghosts - everybody gets to see them but me. Sad

Not true. I'm still waiting, too. Sad
0 Replies

xris

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 04:43 am
@CarbonSystem,
I dont dis believe you but its not my experience so it has no real value, to me. I know full well that my experiences are peculiar to me and even to my dear wife, they have no real relevance. When we see or hear of UFOs, the term implies we dont know. I will accept we have a phenomena that is hard to explain but it really cant be assumed without very real evidence, they are of alien origin. These assumptions make the subject a target of ridicule that detracts from research in any main stream view. You can speculate and argue your reasoning but not with certainty. I know its difficult to debate this subject without being classified as loonie but you must maintain your logic and not be persuaded by wishful thinking.
xris

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 04:56 am
If you believe that a small minority of UFOs can not be explained by natural phenomena, you have to attempt to construct another alternative. If you believe they are natural and could be explained by earthly logic , no amount of alien speculation will convince you of their origin. Do we examine it without prejudice or do we dig our heels in and have this constant comical exchange?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 05:11 am
The most likely scenario four our contacting "alien" civilizations...

First off, they wouldn't be aliens: they'd be humans or near humans like us or possibly hominids although I'd view the later as unlikely. There was a series of calamities recently, prior to which several parts of our own system were inhabited, and not just our own planet. People living in the system would have had no real way to know whether ANYTHING in our system would remain habitable and it is almost certain that some would have fled to the near stars for safety, and we may sooner or later contact some of those people's descendants.

Mother Nature does not do walls on great circle arcs around little moons like Iapetus. She also does not do pyramids with mile-long sides or megalithic structures involving straight lines and Bezier curves on a three mile scale:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0105/face2001_mgs.jpg

There is also the question of the supposed Apollo 20 mission and the film clips you see on Youtube, e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcf6u573zzs

IF those film segments are real, and they would not be easy to fake, particularly the precise details of the Apollo instrumentation and what not, then what they are showing would be one of the escape vessels which did not make it out, i.e. something meant to transport an entire city and all of its people to safety.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 06:03 am
I'd dearly love to sell that boy a bridge . . . that Gunga, he'll believe anything . . .
xris

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 07:48 am
@Setanta,
sorry to say this but you could be right..this subject is dead before it starts..
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:05 am
For those who think UFO's are from another civilisation, how do you suppose they overcame the limit of the speed of light ?
djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:12 am
http://www.savagechickens.com/images/chickentruthisoutthere.jpg
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:13 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

For those who think UFO's are from another civilisation, how do you suppose they overcame the limit of the speed of light ?

How could we possibly answer that question, when no human on earth seems to possess that knowledge? Otherwise, we would be travelling light years at a time already.
And so, believing UFO's are from another civilisation is also believing that said civilisation is for more advanced than we humans are.
CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:14 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Have you read about research into lights generated by the earths magnetic field along fault lines ? Or ball lightning ?

Yes, trust me, this for certain, was niether. Note the duration was far too long, the formation. etc.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:23 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The earth is a small planet orbiting an unprepossessing star at the end of one of the spiral arms of this galaxy. In vernacular terms, we live in the boonies. So my questions remain, and remain valid. Do you suggest that there are civilizations out there which have such massive material and energy resources and the leisure to visit every nook and cranny of the galaxy? You have completely dodged the question, which is why an alien intelligence would end up here. Positing silliness such as that this planet was once inhabited by an alien species is nonsense on the order of suggesting that every unidentified phenomenon which we think we see which we think is flying is evidence that we are routinely visited by alien intelligences.

I'm not dodging any question. According to you, because I believe in the possibility that et's are visiting earth in ufo's, all of a sudden that should make me an expert on Et's psyche, technological abiilties and reasons for exploration?
I don't claim to possess their knowledge.
And makes you believe we aren't a more desirable place for explanation than somewhere on the asteroid belt?
Like I said before, perhaps an interest in Earth lies in it's ability to support life.
Perhaps that would be the reason for constant visits and even study by another intelligence. The same way we are trying to detect life supporting planets elsewhere. If our scope was further and we could get there, we would.
And I don't believe "every identified phenomenon" is flying evidence of aliens, as I'm certain I've said before that it can very easily also be a covered up, secret technology humans possess.

So, we live in the boonies of this galaxy, but we also can support life and have life. Compare that to our knowledge so far to other celestial bodies and that makes us relatively rare.
So, your suggestion of us being on an insignificant rock which has nothing to offer another intelligence is ignorant. True, we are infinitely small here in the universe, but that doesn't make us exempt to encounters from any other beings.
CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:30 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

CarbonSystem wrote:

So let me get this straight, you saw some red lights in the sky and have conclusively deduced that they are not of human origin?

Not any human original to my knowledge. Hence, making it, unidentified.
And not to the knowledge of a man who travels the word on military aircraft, who also witnessed them.

Me and 2 others I was with. And the friend of mine who called me, his father, sister and girlfriend. The father happens to have an extensive knowledge of aircraft and travels the world working on them, military and commercial.
And let me point out your mistake in underestimating the sight:
I didn't see some red lights and that was the end of it.
I saw them rise vertically in a formation, slowly, and then form a triangle in which they slowly disappeared out of.

And good news for all of you, I ran into someone who saw the same thing! What a coincidence. They took a picture with their iphone, so here it is for you.

Nice and pixelated for you ros.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d164/CarbonSystem/phonepic.jpg