The A2K U.F.O. discussion thread

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 05:28 am
@xris,
I have one last comment for you before I move on. You want to take speculation and assert that it is the cause of UFO sightings. I will wait until there are some concrete facts, because there is no way of knowing. If that sort of statement offends you, so be it. Why are you here if you can't take a little disagreement?
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 05:58 am
I misread your remarks at first, EB, but they lead me to think of something else. Speculation is the cause of the belief that UFOs are evidence of alien visitations. People think they see what they think are objects which they think are flying and which they are unable to identify--so, UFOs. They then assume that they have truly seen flying objects, and speculate that they originate from an alien, intelligent source.
xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:06 am
@edgarblythe,
I dont mind disagrement with or without a certain humour but when there are three whose comments are not conducive to debate, I react. Maybe if it was just you, I might not have reacted the way I did. I will accept you became part of the mob in my mind, for that I applogise.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:09 am
@Setanta,
Who said they existed in any other sense. You just cant help yourself can you. Another Internet warrior with all the balls of a castrated pooch.
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:16 am
@xris,
Before you were assuming the dog in my avatar photo was female. You can't seem to make up your mind--which doesn't surprise me.

I didn't say that anyone said they exist in any other sense. You're erecting, or attempting to erect, a straw man to argue against.

It seems to me that you're the one who wants to be an "internet warrior," and who has real problems controlling your temper. If you aren't assuming that UFOs are examples of alien visitation, what was the point of all that bullshit about parallel "universes?"
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:25 am
UFO's are bored alien teenagers out for a buzz. Or maybe just bored earthlings imagining things. Either way, no-one is behaving very seriously.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:28 am
the aliens are really our future selves

it seems that the advent of the social networking and it's dissociative effects coupled with a rise in autism and aspergers, means that our future selves are little more than automaton, a high functioning, idiot savant hive mentality organization of beings, having discovered time travel, a few folks who have found evidence that humans were once individuals are travelling back in time to find the point in time when the events that lead to their future developed
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:49 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I misread your remarks at first, EB, but they lead me to think of something else. Speculation is the cause of the belief that UFOs are evidence of alien visitations. People think they see what they think are objects which they think are flying and which they are unable to identify--so, UFOs. They then assume that they have truly seen flying objects, and speculate that they originate from an alien, intelligent source.

The speculation to which I referred relates to parallel universes.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:51 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

the aliens are really our future selves

it seems that the advent of the social networking and it's dissociative effects coupled with a rise in autism and aspergers, means that our future selves are little more than automaton, a high functioning, idiot savant hive mentality organization of beings, having discovered time travel, a few folks who have found evidence that humans were once individuals are travelling back in time to find the point in time when the events that lead to their future developed

That's the same sort of speculation as parallel universes to me. Nothing to go on.
djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:56 am
@edgarblythe,
hey, i got that directly from Coast to Coast AM, you can't get a more reputable source Wink
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:02 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
I thought they were idiot people fr0m the future....
0 Replies

xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:20 am
@Setanta,
I have no problem controlling my temper ,just my language . I cant differentiate between a castrated pooch or eunuch bitch , you exhibit all the tendencies of them both. I dont think calling it bull ****, parallel universes, without the ability to confront the issue in an intelligent manner gives you any credence, do you?
djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:23 am
all i can say is the multiverse totally fucked DC Comics (enough with the crises, get the story lines straight)
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:30 am
@Setanta,
Perhaps they just wanted to chat and not be the whipping post for a grumpy old man waiting for death to knock.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:29 am
Good news everyone!
It seems to have gotten personal since I last checked this thread. But last night I had my 3rd legitimately unexplainable ufo sighting. I'll explain what I witnessed and perhaps we can think of a rational explanation.

Before I get onto the sighting (which was the most spectacular thing I've seen in the skies, ever ((though I never have seen the aurora's))), I'll give my opinion on the parallel universes bit, and my possible reason for why ufo's would be in our skies.

1. Parallel Universes: I have heard many times that the scientific community is starting to look at the possibility. Personally I feel that if the assumption of an infinite universe is true, of course all things can plausibly be true, but the still leaves us off where were currently at. So I'd not use parllel universes as the source for ufo's, although it seems they could be, it's just impossible for us to prove at this point, as we certainly don't understand them.

2. So where do they come from and why? One hypothesis on where is from neighboring moons, galaxies and solar systems. The technology to do this is out of our grasp and understanding, so trying to postulate a plausible method is useless as well. But it is natural to assume that strange moving lights in the sky come from the sky.
There is however another hypothesis, one that has not been proven, but is certainly supported by thousands of claims. And that would be UFO'S that are seen coming from, or going into the sea. In fact, it is said by some ufo researchers that they recieve more reports of USO's than UFO's.
http://www.waterufo.net/bluebook/BBShipsDB2.htm[img][/img]
Even friends of mine, who once could have been regarded anywhere from agnostic on the matter to skeptical, witnessed an unidentified object which slowly rose out of the sea, into the sky, and eventually flew off. It was one whose path of travel, speeds and appearance do not harmonize with that of a manmade spacecraft. Another friend of mine who is not a skeptic but one who believes whole heartedly in ufo's recently was up north in michigan, still on the lake, and witnessed something very similar, but with 3 lights and eventually forming a triangle.

So, they may come from the sea.
They also can be human technology which has been kept a top secret entity by those gov'ts researching the technology.
I believe ufo's, uso's and the like can very easily be from all three sources stated above.

3. Why come here?:
This will be all speculation, as I can't try and explain another man's motives here on earth, let alone an unknown being with allegedly far more advanced technologies and thoughts than our own.
But I would guess a multitude of reasons:
Considering the age of our planet, it's possible this planet was once inhabited a very long time ago by those which we would call et's, who might be flying these ufo's we see. They may be coming back to monitor the planet, and the human's state of progress.
Many who believe in ufo's also believe that aliens were around and in contact with the ancient and oldest of our civilizations who produced some of the wonder's of our world and some of our greatest leaps in knowledge early on.
Perhaps it's a new entity who is observing neighboring planets and galaxies that they have seen evidence of having the ability to support life.
My personal belief would be that the et's and some part of the human race are or were in contact, and it is the communication between the two, and possible observation of us.
Which leads me to my recent exciting sighting.

Pardon this post for being long..but this is the second ufo I've seen in a couple months.:
I have friend, Nick whose feelings on ufo's had always been counter to mine, he held a strict scientific approach to ufo's and et's, being of a similar opinion of many of the great minds here on a2k, edgar, setanta, ros to name a few. We've had many great discussions, but to him the proof must be in the pudding.
He has a great understanding of airplanes, how they operate, what they look like and who operates them.

Last night I got a call from him around 10:30 p.m., he told me that him and his girlfriend had seen the craziest thing in the sky, and that he believed it to be a ufo, one whose technology exceeded anything that humans are supposed to have.
He was outside when his girlfriend (also one who is a skeptic for ufo's) saw some bright large red lights. 4 of them, ascending from below the tree line up into the night sky, southerly, in southest detroit area. They slowly rose and eventually formed a triangle in which they shined, rotated, and eventually dimmed one by one until they had disappeared.
Duration: approx. 5 minutes.

Fifteen minutes later he called me: "they're back!" I was on the phone with him, climbed out on the roof and to my astonishment at least six bright red lights were ascending, formed in a line, in the south part of the sky, and eventually formed a triangle before slowly disappearing. It was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen. My girlfriend and sister were also witnesses.

So we have 2 parties, 5 people total, 2 locations about 4 miles apart who saw the same thing.

I grabbed a camera to capture the image of them if they returned, but no luck on the evidence. Maybe next time.
I can only guess what their purpose was, but to the south end of the state are two points of interest, the metro detroit airport, and the monroe nuclear facility.

I can say with certainty that these lights absolutely were not commercial planes who use metro airport. I can say with certainty that they do not exhibit any of the characteristics of any human aircraft I've seen or heard of.

It is very compelling for me, because the original person to spot it has an extensive knowledge of aircraft, military and commercial, and has always been very skeptical of ufo claims with no evidence.

So I submit this account to you all for discussion and I'm guessing it will be including some kind of cross-examination.

Anyways, that's it, sorry for no pictures, I'll make something in photoshop to represent the formation as I saw it though.

*Quick note* for those art fans out there, the lights in nocturne in black and gold by whistler resemble the vertical, slightly disorganized fashion of the lights I saw, however, in the painting they are far more numerous.
http://www.jssgallery.org/other_artists/whistler/Nocturne_in_Black_and_Gold_The_Falling_Rocket.jpg
CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:01 am
@CarbonSystem,
Ok well i made a quick digital sketch of the ascent, and then the triangle, as viewed from Livonia, MI between approxiamately 10:30pm - 10:45pm in the southerly skies.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d164/CarbonSystem/ufoline.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d164/CarbonSystem/ufotriangle.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:08 am
@xris,
I have confronted it in an intelligent manner, despite your puerile insults. I have pointed out that there is a distinction between speculation and "serious consideration" of an idea, but you seem unwilling to respond to that. I have asked why any alien intelligence would come here, which is linked to a question of how they would know we are here, and you have not responded to that. All you've contributed, having been confronted with the paucity of your claim, is nasty remarks based on an avatar photo of a dog.

Do you supposed that gives you any credence?
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:10 am
@edgarblythe,
I understood that part, EB, when i re-read your post. I wanted to underline the dubious nature of speculation.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:12 am
Anyone who wants to claim that there are alien intelligences out there, or even just good reason to speculate that there are--please explain why they would come here. Please explain how they would know that we are here. If you allege that they're within one hundred light years, and picked up our radio or television signals, please explain why we haven't spotted them.
xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:30 am
@Setanta,
Don't give me this damaged innocent bit..look at your posts, its you that instigated this childish exchange. I gave you a view of what might be possible, a possibility by the value of a considerable amount of quantum science that claims parallel universes may be possible. I have never said it is proven or even if I value it to any great degree. I was merely suggesting a possibility. Why you have to make it a personal challenge , I have no idea.

Just imagine we did discover a parallel universe and these worm holes actually existed, do you think its beyond the imagination, we might just attempt travelling in such manner? Why ponder on their intentions or their reasoning, if it was our next door neighbour in relative terms, dont you think they would look over the fence. Now please dont go of and start ranting about its impossibility, its just simple musing . I have no intentions of convincing you or me of its certainty, further than encouraging debate.
0 Replies