The A2K U.F.O. discussion thread

Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 01:55 pm
@xris,
You seem rather slow on the uptake. Is English your native language? I am disputing the distinction between speculation and giving serious consideration to an idea. Your original statement was to the effect that "science" (a sufficiently vague entity) is giving serious consideration to the existence of "parallel universes." You have failed to substantiate that claim.

As for your second comment, yes, that's a serious question. Why would an alien intelligence expend the enormous amount of energy implied by interstellar flight to come here, precisely?

(Hint--if they're not within one hundred light years of us, how would they even know we exist?)
xris

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 01:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
When you trade fairies and angels for reasonable debate, no not really. When assumptions and derogatory remarks pass as debate, no not really. When a drug addiction is assumed by my opinions, no not really..
djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 02:00 pm
wait, who said anything derogatory about drug addicted fairies, cause that's just wrong
xris

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 02:04 pm
@Setanta,
So you refuse to answer my question , do you think the link is valid? do you think his findings are worthy of respect? Do you require further links? just answer them please.This debate came from a purely speculative angle.

If you consider my postulating, they may not have to travel far...Further derogatory, personal remarks and you can play with yourself.
xris

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 02:06 pm
@dyslexia,
bye bye cowboy, your contribution was amazing.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 02:08 pm
@djjd62,
Was that a whoopie cushion I just heard?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 02:22 pm
@xris,
All I know is, each successive post from you gets further afield. It is not possible to discuss with a person who will not discuss. I will leave you to setanta, I guess.
xris

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 03:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Further afield" whats that ? I have reacted to yours and other silly responses. It was never going to be a reasonable debate with these preconceived notions. You and your compatriots wanted to confront a crazed ufologist, you could rip apart and ridicule, when you could not you retire with pathetic groaning and silly remarks..A group of one liners who are more intent on their image rather than debate.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 03:26 pm
@xris,
I made the one remark that alternate universes are as unproven as fairies to slip over to our side, and you go nuts. From that point on, there was no reasonable way to respond, because you had already slipped into a beseiged state of mind. Have a good day, sir.
Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:31 pm
@xris,
I don't have to answer your questions. Nothing obliges me to adhere to your terms, which in this case are an attempt to avoid the consequences of you having said that "science" seriously considers the existence of parallel universes. Providing sources that one or even a few scientists speculate to that effect don't meet the bill.

As for "playing" with myself, you really must be a legend in your own mind if you think you're the only person here with whom i have to speak.

Your silly speculation about parallel universes doesn't address the question of why an alien intelligence would come here. That question is really how would an alien species know we're here, and silly speculation about parallel universes doesn't answer that, either.

Speculation is meaningless. Unless you can prove something about that, we're stuck with the boring old alternatives of what we know.
xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:13 am
@edgarblythe,
Then dont expect a reasoned response, if you wish to be flippant. I gave you adequate material to debate, with a certain seriousness, its not my fault if choose to treat it with contempt. It was not just your bating , I had a string of silly one liners ,intent on conflict with no intentions of debating this subject with any real intention.
xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:24 am
@Setanta,
You dont have to answer my question , you dont have to be obnoxious but you are. A few scientists, how many would you consider valid? Your obvious refusal to debate the subject without abuse or any seriousness, marks you out for what you are. You are dogmatic skeptic who when given a real reason to debate a subject with an open mind, without prejudice , you act just like your avatar, a nasty little spiteful bitch.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:21 am
Are you suffering from PMS darling? That was pretty hateful stuff there.

As a matter of fact, i simply called into question a distinction between speculation and what is seriously considered, and you've gone all pear-shaped and angry on us. You have not established a case for "science" seriously considering the existence of parallel multiverses (if there's more than one, they are no longer universes). But, for sake of discussion, even if you had, you have still not addressed the question of why any other intelligent species would come here. You have not addressed the question of how any such species would know we are here.

Do you now suggest that there is one or more intelligent species in this galaxy which have sufficient materials and energy to just randomly explore the entire galaxy, and that, having stumbled on our planet, have since that time filled our skies with flying saucers?

Someone go get some popcorn, this may get entertaining.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:23 am
@xris,
See, there you go again. I was trying to be nice to you and you get all angry and irrational. How can I have a nice exchange with that?
gungasnake

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:38 am
Saturn's little moon Iapetus:

http://www.alienvideo.net/0805/img/iapetus/iapetus-equalateral-ridge.jpg

Mother Nature, of course, does not do 5km high walls on great circle arcs around moons or planets...
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:48 am
So tell us, Gunga Dim . . . what makes that a wall?
0 Replies

xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:53 am
@edgarblythe,
No, you look at the posts. I'm not prepared to be crucified for making a proposal. Im not claiming anything, just an idea that could be debated. It goes from me making a reasonable proposal for debate, to me being selected for target practice. Just look at the cynical posts directed at me by a pack of hounds, led by snappy little dog. I wont play these childish games. I will answer for this proposal, even though not from any real conviction on my part, as long as its done with respect and none of this silly back biting.
xris

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:57 am
@gungasnake,
Im sure there is a valid logical reason to see this ridge , nature builds many similar structures here on earth.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 05:00 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
I wont play these childish games.

. . . yet, Xris also writes:

Quote:
Just look at the cynical posts directed at me by a pack of hounds, led by snappy little dog.

Pot, kettle, etc. Cay you say paranoid?

Your "proposal" is simply an attempt to avoid all of the valid criticisms of claims of alien visitations by proposing a speculative mechanism for overcoming the physical objections to the proposition. When you get called on that, you threaten to take your marbles and go home. Why should anyone want to discuss with you what essentially establishes a claim for alien visitations without all the bother of plausibility and evidence?

Bye. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 05:02 am
I'll revert to my standard position. I have no doubt that, all the time, people see, or think they see, objects, or what they think are objects, which are flying, or which they think are flying, which they are then and subsequently unable to identify. So, you see, Xris, i agree with you! UFOs really exist!