Da Bunny's visiting New York.

jespah

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 07:21 am
@dlowan,
Dunno 'bout pixies and unicorns, but vampires were definitely mentioned.

We heard about when Frank lost all his earwax, and when Roberta met Albert (he was a parrot and, no, that's not a euphemism). Kicky sounds a tad like a young Jack Nicholson, Frank's voice is a dead ringer for Al Pacino. The tsar and I saw a photo of a sandwich of every kind of cuisine from Europe and South America, squished into a panini -- we also both (completely unorchestrated, I swear!) sighed when Roberta told us about her time editing an accounting text. Joe and the tsar are both as soft-spoken as I had thought. Da Bunny is delightful (don't let her avatar fool ya) -- shniff, she will always think of Reeg as a praying mantis. Kris and I caught up -- it's been too long. Thomas, it's always a joy to see you. David, I'm glad you came!

I agree about the Yankee détente. Go Evil Empire!

Did not get a chance to talk to David much as we were on opposite ends of the table. Once we got to the 'Pan, most places were switched so we could talk to different people.

Frank walks faster than all of us. I don't think it's caffeine. I think he's naturally like that. The tsar and I also saw Frank's doppleganger, sitting on a park bench while we were en route from Deli to Pan. Frank, have you been cloned? Perhaps his clone rests for him, sort of like a latter day athletic version of The Picture of Dorian Gray?

We wrote postcards to Dasha. Buying stamps in Staples, however, proved to be way more work than littlek and I are used to, but I'm okay after the blood sample and signing over a 5% interest in my home.

Thomas, Joe, good luck on the race. I am thinking of doing the Somerville Jingle Bell Run 5K again this year. December 19th, starts in Davis Square. http://www.baevents.com/jinglebell/ We should sign up soon if we're gonna do it.

Roberta, next time I'll bring the rhino!

It was totally freakin' awesome!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 07:49 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs359.snc4/44204_1481179626684_1149611605_31123305_4515470_n.jpg
Motley Crew

Swell bunch

hooray!

the gang

the gang did The Pan

love The Pan
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 09:14 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Dunno 'bout pixies and unicorns, but vampires were definitely mentioned.

We heard about when Frank lost all his earwax, and when Roberta met Albert (he was a parrot and, no, that's not a euphemism). Kicky sounds a tad like a young Jack Nicholson, Frank's voice is a dead ringer for Al Pacino. The tsar and I saw a photo of a sandwich of every kind of cuisine from Europe and South America, squished into a panini -- we also both (completely unorchestrated, I swear!) sighed when Roberta told us about her time editing an accounting text. Joe and the tsar are both as soft-spoken as I had thought. Da Bunny is delightful (don't let her avatar fool ya) -- shniff, she will always think of Reeg as a praying mantis. Kris and I caught up -- it's been too long. Thomas, it's always a joy to see you. David, I'm glad you came!

I agree about the Yankee détente. Go Evil Empire!

Did not get a chance to talk to David much as we were on opposite ends of the table. Once we got to the 'Pan, most places were switched so we could talk to different people.

Frank walks faster than all of us. I don't think it's caffeine. I think he's naturally like that. The tsar and I also saw Frank's doppleganger, sitting on a park bench while we were en route from Deli to Pan. Frank, have you been cloned? Perhaps his clone rests for him, sort of like a latter day athletic version of The Picture of Dorian Gray?

We wrote postcards to Dasha. Buying stamps in Staples, however, proved to be way more work than littlek and I are used to, but I'm okay after the blood sample and signing over a 5% interest in my home.

Thomas, Joe, good luck on the race. I am thinking of doing the Somerville Jingle Bell Run 5K again this year. December 19th, starts in Davis Square. http://www.baevents.com/jinglebell/ We should sign up soon if we're gonna do it.

Roberta, next time I'll bring the rhino!

It was totally freakin' awesome!
I enjoyed it very much.
Sorry that we did not get much chance to converse, Jespah.
After the restaurant, I thawt that the meeting was over.
Maybe there was discussion of additional social activity,
of which I was unaware; (I don 't hear too well).

David
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 09:21 am
@ehBeth,
Could somebody put names to faces for those of us who never have met you all? I know or think I know, but want to be certain.
dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 09:25 am
@edgarblythe,
Meanwhile, I have slothfully awoken again knowing that I failed to make my way down to see Joe and Thomas run their half marathons and wondering how they went
ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 09:30 am
@Region Philbis,
Ok, that last line makes me laugh..

On hearing, I've told this before, but here it is again - when Diane and I had just met and then met Paola for lunch at Serafina's, all three of us had hearing problems, Paula with hearing aid and I without one, were the worst. At the beginning of the lunch, which eventually outlasted the noise in the room as people left to get back to work, we communicated by notepad or napkin writing. Quite funny, really.

What a day you folks had, I'm very happy it happened.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 09:30 am
@dlowan,
Ida loved to have been included in your get together. Sounded like fun. I dont think I would have been welcomed though.
dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 09:51 am
@dlowan,
Spoke to Thomas....sounds like they did poifect!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 09:54 am
@ehBeth,
Edgar...it's lil k, tsar, kicky,frank, jes (nearly excluded), joe, me, region
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 09:56 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs359.snc4/44204_1481179626684_1149611605_31123305_4515470_n.jpg
Motley Crew
Apologies to Jespah for nearly blocking her out, I handed my Blackberry to a passerby (I love NY)(That's her finger on the edge of the screeen) and just put my light truck chassis right in the front.

Joe(Swell bunch)Nation

Swell bunch, indeed! Great to see da gang. Has kicky lost a bunch of weight too?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:03 am
@farmerman,
fman - you'd have been warmly welcomed by me!
dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:17 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

fman - you'd have been warmly welcomed by me!

******* oath!!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:41 am
<I think the Aussie agrees>

So, I just saw that my cousin and his family were in NYC at Comicon. That was what was happening at Madison Sq Garden. I may have passed him on the street!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Sorry 'bout that -- people just started walking and we all ended up following Frank (the Pied Piper) Apisa.

It was a long walk, as in I had clocked 5 miles by the end of yesterday (RP and I did walk a bit more afterwards). Knees are complaining a tad this morning.

You definitely looked like you were enjoying yourself. That was quite a turkey leg, or was that pterodactyl? It was enormous. Portions were mainly big (it's my hand in the tsarstepan sandwich pic, for the basis of establishing scale).

Next time, in Bahstin! Smile
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 11:04 am
@farmerman,
come to nc for a visit fman you'd be really welcomed, and not unlike the backwoods of PA where you come from, we could sit on the porch and get drunk if nothing else. Drunk

PS I feel certain you'd have been a welcome addition to the group in NY.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 11:05 am
Looks like you guys had a great time. Cheers for that.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 11:25 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Ill be in High Point in the late winter, so I can cross over for a brief howdy.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 11:57 am
@farmerman,
be sure you do.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 12:13 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Sorry 'bout that -- people just started walking and we all ended up following Frank (the Pied Piper) Apisa.

It was a long walk, as in I had clocked 5 miles by the end of yesterday (RP and I did walk a bit more afterwards). Knees are complaining a tad this morning.

You definitely looked like you were enjoying yourself. That was quite a turkey leg, or was that pterodactyl? It was enormous. Portions were mainly big (it's my hand in the tsarstepan sandwich pic, for the basis of establishing scale).

Next time, in Bahstin! Smile
I see; I 'd have been ineligible for the walk.
(I felt tired today, even without it. I 've never been much of a hiker.)
Yes, I had a very nice time; very glad to have attended.

The turkey was flavorful; so was the potato salad.

David
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 12:38 pm
I also had a great time. I was so happy to meet Da Bunny! And no, JPB, I haven't lost weight, I'm at about the same weight I've always been, give or take a few pounds. I enjoyed meeting Jes and Region, who I hadn't met before, and the rest of the gang, who I have met and love seeing.

After we said goodbye at the bus station I went up to the John Lennon memorial at 72nd Street. I wish you all could have gone. It was a huge bash. It took a while to get through the crowd of people, all singing Beatles songs and laying flowers down. Then they had a screening of "Lennon NYC" in the park, which I didn't go to, because the line to see it was epic in proportions, but there was Beatles music everywhere.

This A2K meeting had everything you can hope for for a good time. Good people, good weather, and at least one good spirited debate wherein Frank argues vociferously with almost everybody at the table. Smile
0 Replies