Da Bunny's visiting New York.

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 10:30 am
@roger,
Quote:
The other checkpoints people are mentioning are probably INS, or whatever homeland security now calls La Migra. Remember, there is an area along the border with Mexico which requires no visa. I believe it is 50 or 75 miles wide.

It's still called Border Patrol.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:40 pm
WOOOHOOOOOOO!

I got 5 (FIVE!) postcards from the good people of a2k today! could not believe my eyes. thank you so much, joe, kris, tsar, thomas, deb, boida,frank,kicky....all!
dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 05:02 am
@dagmaraka,
So glad it was fun for you Daggles...it would have been so good to have been able to meet you!

Meanwhile, I am soooo pissed off... finally got to have the ruinous hair colour and cut I got done just before I left....(too late to get it fixed)...re-done today and I look human again. I could have had it re-done for nothing by the salon that stuffed it up so badly, but I didn't trust them.

I know it's pathetic, but WHAT a difference decent hair does! And it cost way less.

I hardly dared meet anyone....

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 05:09 am
@dlowan,
I did not notice any problem
in the hair dept.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 05:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,

we are our own worst critics when it comes to appearance...
dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 05:41 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Honey....of course it's kind of daft...but the difference this has made is astounding....partly style but mainly having back a colour that suits me.

I was really quite distressed meeting new people with that awful hair.

I didn't let it affect me, but being ME again is wonderful......

It's so funny, but so many folk today who didn't notice WHAT was different have commented.

Of course, it is only a small thing overall, but it's unnerving being a stranger in a strange land to oneself, as well as in actuality.

I wonder if there is a similarly dramatic determiner of happy self-presentation (all other faults aside) for mins?
Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 05:52 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
I wonder if there is a similarly dramatic determiner of happy self-presentation (all other faults aside) for mins?

Pattern baldness.
dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 06:03 am
@Setanta,
Not icy water and nudity?
Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 06:05 am
@dlowan,
Well, that's not something that bothers me (you watch too much Seinfeld), but it might bother others. But tell me, Miss Cunning Coney, how often do you see men with pattern baldness and how often to you see naked men leaving an icy cold body of water?
dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 06:11 am
@Setanta,
I don't much care about nuddy men and icy water....I am not much affected by male pattern baldness either...I just fall for arrogant bastards.

But your're right....I gather male pattern baldness is something many guys feel awful about.

Psssssst...guys...we love you...just don't do the comb-over.

Cool, Set...you found a hair thing men worry about as much as women hate bad hair times!

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 06:14 am
@dlowan,
I'm now 60, and have a full head of hair. In fact, i'm relieved that my hair is finally thinning out. I bring that up whenever i feel it will piss off any men in the vicinity.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 06:22 am
LETZ VISIT NY ALL TOGATHER NEXT YEAR ? IS THERE A HOUSE BIG ENOUGH ? CAMP CENTRAL p?q[img][url]<O>[/url][/img] Mr. Green 2 Cents Drunk
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:54 am
@dlowan,
Region Philbis wrote:

dlowan wrote:
Honey....of course it's kind of daft...but the difference this has made is astounding....partly style
but mainly having back a colour that suits me.

I was really quite distressed meeting new people with that awful hair.
U did not look any different to ME,
and u sat right next to me. I 'd have let u borrow my hat, if u 'd asked.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:59 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I'm now 60, and have a full head of hair. In fact, i'm relieved that my hair is finally thinning out.
I bring that up whenever i feel it will piss off any men in the vicinity.
I have a few years beyond u, but I 'm pleased to say that the top of my head
does not look much different than it ever did.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 08:00 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I don't much care about nuddy men and icy water....I am not much affected by male pattern baldness either...

I just fall for arrogant bastards.
Some of us r quiet; (undercover).
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 09:53 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

LETZ VISIT NY ALL TOGATHER NEXT YEAR ? IS THERE A HOUSE BIG ENOUGH ? CAMP CENTRAL Mr. Green 2 Cents Drunk

I promise if I win the lottery I'll make it so.
http://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/skydivers/picard.jpg
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 11:00 pm
If we could, Dys and I would love to meet old friends in NYC and meet new a2kers.

In our dreams, but such sweet dreams.
0 Replies