Da Bunny's visiting New York.

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 04:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks so much all, but I'm not very interested in accommodation tips. (Unless it's a great place for $50!!)Hostels are either share rooms (yuk, it'd be with a stranger, as I am travelling alone in the US) or more expensive for a single room that I can get elsewhere.

Your apartments, CJ, are way more expensive than I can get elsewhere.

I think I have that in hand.

What I am needing to know is who is interested in meeting.

So far it is Tsar and Boida, with Beth as a maybe, but at a time that extends my stay at great expense.

Soz and the Region/Jesses are a maybe I don't know when.

It's looking increasingly like I'll have to decide to miss the chance of Beth ( Crying or Very sad ) and only stay mebbe five days....from the 1st October (effectively Saturday 2nd, as I'll be stuffed the first night) and fly out on the seventh.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 04:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
My first nyc hotel was The Chatam, on Lexington, in 1951 or so. (We had lived in the Bronx in 1950, but moved to Chicago). Chatham no longer there. I would have been nine. Fancy furniture, which I now recognize as ordinary faux italian. Not far from the oldest pharmacy in the US, which I also can't find online, an apothecary type place that sold horehound drops.

My next was some horrendo giant lodge on the Avenue of the Americas (6th), where I stayed with my not yet understood as ill mother, 1969.

And the next, the Y, on 63rd, 2003.

I have, however, peeked in to see various hotel lobbies. I'm a mild hotel freak, like a lot of the old ones.
jespah

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 04:48 pm
@dlowan,
We can probably accommodate you, as our accommodations are at the senior Philbises and my work is ultra uber flexible.
dlowan

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 04:50 pm
@jespah,
You guys can make it within the 1 to 7 window?

Cool!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 05:01 pm
@ossobuco,
I've used to 3 times and saved big time on the hotel for 3 separate trips to Pittsburgh.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 05:05 pm
@ossobuco,
I wanted to stay in the Chelsea Hotel, of course!

And my guide suggested I could. The prices when I checked were way above my reach.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 05:11 pm
@dlowan,
I recognize this aspect.

snorts

Priceline could be good, I don't like the tied in part.. but I'm a skittish bitch. On the other hand, I've not tried it and may be dead wrong.

I hope you all, many all, can get together.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 05:22 pm
 http://www.fun-with-pictures.com/image-files/bunnypilot.jpg
Hooray, here she comes.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 05:31 pm
@dlowan,
bun, if you can find out whom the Chelsea dumps their extra rooms to, it is usually not difficult to navigate the discount sites to get them...

(i've stayed in comfort all over the country using hotwire, but they are all similar in how they do it. a little inside knowledge helps)

have fun.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 08:37 pm
Waaahhh!
roger

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 08:40 pm
@margo,
I got a idea. You could go with her and split the hotel bills.

Um?
margo

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 08:48 pm
@roger,
We've discussed that - I'll be in England around the same time - but I could only get to NY for about 2-3 days - with an 8-hour flight each way - and then the 24 + hour flight from London to Sydney. Gave it some severe consideration - but it just got too hard.
dlowan

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 04:27 am
@margo,
Bumping.

I feel so un-loved.
jespah

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 06:42 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
You guys can make it within the 1 to 7 window?

Cool!

Don't see any reason why not. We don't need to give a lotta notice to the elder Philbii.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 06:52 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Bumping.

I feel so un-loved.
and your point is?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 07:28 am
The Bunny is coming to New York!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/127/362416743_629a91cba6.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 11:31 am
@margo,
Just booked a place for $50 a night on 115th Street, between 7th and eighth avenues.

It gives me some flexibility, as, if I have to cancel and leave earlier because the ehBeths don't come, I can tolerate losing half the fees for the nights I cancel.
dlowan

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 12:02 pm
@dlowan,
Oh...booked for the longer time because I really want to meet Beth et al.

At present I am around effectively from 2nd October to the 10th..which is Saturday to Sunday the following week, flying out Monday 11th.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 12:25 pm
You COULD squeeze in a side trip to Boston, you know.....
Roberta

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 12:31 pm
@dlowan,
Glad you found a place to stay.

Can't wait to see you in da flesh. Face to face. Punim to punim. Eye to eye.