How many here believe that Mrs Calderon and Mrs Obama heard a planted question in a school?

electronicmail

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 07:27 am
@eoe,
Quote:
true equality....appears to be further and further away these days.

I agree. It will never be achieved with affirmative action. Didn't "separate but equal" become illegal with Brown v Board of Education anyway?
ebrown p

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 07:56 am
@electronicmail,
Should I mention that Brown v. Board of Education had nothing to do with affirmative action? Or, should I just let this silly dogmatic rant go on since someone seems to be enjoying it.
electronicmail

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 08:20 am
@ebrown p,
Are you trying to prove you're just ignorant and no liar? You're doing a good job of it if you support "separate but equal". Illegal since Brown.

Here's the question to you again from the previous page:
http://able2know.org/topic/145046-4#post-3995761
Quote:

You're dissembling. Obviously, because you can't claim to be ignorant. Why are you peddling propaganda when you know you will get caught?
Quote:

...principal Jane Litchko wouldn't identify the student but said a parent signed a release allowing the child to participate and be filmed.
Read more: http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/05/19/2181753/2nd-grader-asks-first-lady-about.html#ixzz0of88lEC6

electronicmail

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 09:03 am
@hawkeye10,
I agree with you, schools catering to a particular race should be declared illegal, that's the essence of Brown v Board of Education:
Quote:
We conclude that in the field of public education the doctrine of 'separate but equal' has no place. Separate educational facilities are inherently unequal. Therefore, we hold that the plaintiffs and others similarly situated for whom the actions have been brought are, by reason of the segregation complained of, deprived of the equal protection of the laws guaranteed by the Fourteenth Amendment.

That was 56 years ago. Why the delay?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 09:16 am
@electronicmail,
I like you, Electronicmail. You make me chuckle.
electronicmail

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:36 am
@ebrown p,
When you're done with the nervous chuckling try answering the question, if you can.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 02:38 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:
Where did you learn this kid was the child of an undocumented worker?

The kid clearly says "my mom doesn't have papers".
My bad, missed it, and the game is now changed. Kid is easily the most likely choice then, because every alternative party stands more to lose than gain.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 02:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

BillRM wrote:

You still crying tears about being a poor white man??!!!!!?????

Somehow, I do not think that most blacks and brown skin people would not trade places with you in one heartbeat or maybe two.

Your reflexive retort has revealed your own brand 0f Liberal racisim.

You are assuming that "most blacks and brown skin people" lead lives that are significantly less fullfilling than a white man's, and would transform themselves into whites if they could (and rather quickly at that).

If I were one of those "blacks" or "brown skin people," I would certainly be offended.
Indeed.

That argument works much better when reversed by Chris Rock, "Aint a white man in this room that would trade places with me... and I'm rich!"
roger

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 04:54 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Well, yeah, but what does "papers" mean? If someone asked to see my papers, they'd probably get a blank look. Ask for a drivers license or SS card and I'll know what you are asking.
eoe

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 04:56 pm
@roger,
Maybe you don't know what "papers" mean but rest assured, those who need them knows what it means.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:02 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

That argument works much better when reversed by Chris Rock, "Aint a white man in this room that would trade places with me... and I'm rich!"

I was going to mention this infamous Chris Rock line. Glad you did. And you're right. I'm quite happy in the skin I'm in and find it ridiculous for anyone to assume that I would trade places with someone based on their skin color. This isn't 1955, although it's becoming clearly obvious, since a man of color took over the throne in the Oval Office, how many people long for those good ol' days.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 07:12 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:

I was going to mention this infamous Chris Rock line. Glad you did. And you're right. I'm quite happy in the skin I'm in and find it ridiculous for anyone to assume that I would trade places with someone based on their skin color. This isn't 1955, although it's becoming clearly obvious, since a man of color took over the throne in the Oval Office, how many people long for those good ol' days.
Yup. Rock's statement hit home, while BillRM's demonstrated racist ignorance exactly as Finn described. Of course, the idea that more than half of any ethnic group is unhappy in their own skin is so staggeringly stupid; the sheer ignorance may overshadow the racism.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 07:13 am
@eoe,
So you agree that the statement by Chris Rock is a true statement?
electronicmail

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 07:15 am
@electronicmail,
I guess Brown will never get around to answering that one. Squaring the circle is easier.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 07:22 am
@roger,
Quote:
Well, yeah, but what does "papers" mean?

How many times have you been asked to "show ID"? For illegal aliens "papers" is probably the generic of ID, so the kid used that. I still think the whole thing was scripted.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 10:55 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

I like you, Electronicmail. You make me chuckle.

I get the feeling that Foxfyre has returned under a new username.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 11:33 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

So you agree that the statement by Chris Rock is a true statement?

No. But ONLY because he's rich. Your average, every day, working-class black man could say that and I'd agree with him 100%.
electronicmail

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 11:56 am
@eoe,
That's very interesting. My guess is we'll never know the truth there since most of us can't change colors. But money makes a difference, I'm thinking of the autopsy results for Michael Jackson: some of the drugs he was using to lighten his skin were pretty deadly. Or maybe it was just the chemicals to straighten his hair. Either way the coroner reported those chemicals were toxic.

Do you think it's any different for women?
eoe

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:03 pm
@electronicmail,
what are we talking about here? Black people trading places with whites or whites trading places with blacks?
0 Replies