How many here believe that Mrs Calderon and Mrs Obama heard a planted question in a school?

ebrown p

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 01:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
Michelle Obama was hosting the First Lady of Mexico as part of a state visit. Going to a school with lots children from immigrant families makes perfect sense.

Many of these kids are American citizens who are deeply impacted by the immigration issue. They deserve to have their voice heard.

In 11 years this little girl will be able to vote.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 02:04 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
Many of these kids are American citizens who are deeply impacted by the immigration issue. They deserve to have their voice heard.
The thread is about the possibility that this media event was planned to go the way that it did, that it was set-up to be about immigration at least in part. I think that we have reason the conclude that it was.

I think some of the blow back should be to question why Obama is supporting a school that strongly appears to discriminate against whites.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 02:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
a school that strongly appears to discriminate against whites.

Lol.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 02:09 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
Lol.

Do you believe in diversity, or don't you? How can you support the setting up of schools designed to cater to a particular race?

You liberals are hypocrites, I used to consider myself a liberal but I could not stomach the lack of honesty.
ABE5177

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Many of these kids are American citizens

yes so what's the point, the girl is a citizen? the girl is a retard? the girl wasn't coached?

How do you know ANY of this?
ABE5177

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:28 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

In 11 years this little girl will be able to vote.

not if she gets deported first and bannexd from coming back along with her mother

nice respect for the law they teache them out there
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
You still crying tears about being a poor white man??!!!!!?????

Somehow, I do not think that most blacks and brown skin people would not trade places with you in one heartbeat or maybe two.

Sitting on top of the old hill and doing your very best to keep others from joining you there as somehow if their average incomes and standard of living even begin to approach your that would be awful in some way.

And of course they could not get there without the big bad government in some manner taking away from you and giving to them as they are inferior to you because of the color of their skins and the areas of the world they or there ancestor come from.

You are in a good company however as some of the biggest groups of all American bigots in the Detroit area have their grandfathers force by the Ford motor company to learn English and have their home visited by Ford motor company employees to see if they was living to a standard that would allow them to get their yearly bonuses.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I suppose I don't think it originated entirely in the mind of the second grader, and although some second graders of my acquaintance have been pretty smart and question asking, this question seemed a bit 'fed'... which I'll go so far as to guess is as usual through the ages in such situations, from what ever sides of the spectra. Fed pro obama was the first conjecture here (if I understand the original poster correctly), and I was wondering about the opposite as more likely.. but I've no idea, it might just be no big deal.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:36 pm
@ABE5177,
Quote:
yes so what's the point
My points are

1) this school should not exist

2) Obama should not be supporting it with positive publicity

3) Both the American and Mexican administrations probably set this media event up intending it to go exactly as it did. It was intended to be a slap at Arizona, which is bad politics because Obama is on the wrong side of public opinion on this, though I am sure the Mexicans enjoyed the event tremendously. I can understand Obama wanting to be a hospitable host, but this was going too far in my opinion. It brings back memories of M Obama saying during the campaign that she is sometimes not proud to be an American, and B Obama going around the world apologizing for America. It also plays up the Obama is a wimp problem, this groveling for benefit of the Mexicans.
BillRM

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sorry but the fools that would support that Arizona law would not vote for Obama or his party in any case.

White non-Latin men are only have around 20 percent of the vote and when you consider that some white men do not support the nonsense also you are on the losing end of this debate in the long run and it is likely to be a wash in the short run.

My poor fellow white man you are on the losing end of a population/power change that you cannot do a damn thing about no matter how many hateful laws you support.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:46 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Quote:
I agree. It is a high risk but what they hope to gain is your sympathy. They aren't standing behind a shield of what's right or what's just or fair or legal. They ask that you feel sorry for them.

Yeah, it's come to that. That kid was coached for this sob telenovela. Hubby is out trashing US state and federal laws (hello, can we do the same about foreign laws?) his missus joins in the sob fest. Suspend disbelief and cry along.

If that is so, you know more than I do (got.. to.. keep.. up.. with.. news, now)

Got a link?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:51 pm
@ebrown p,
eb, I'll give that another lol.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:57 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry but the fools that would support that Arizona law would not vote for Obama or his party in any case.

Given that 45% of Dems and 64% of independents support the Arizona law I'd say that Obama and the Dems have a big problem then.
http://people-press.org/report/613/arizona-immigration-law
BillRM

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 04:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes I am sure of those numbers not the good old Fox network ride once more.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 04:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Oh by the way this hate/fear for anyone who is "foreign" is hardly new as one of the very first laws congress pass was to raised the time in country before you could become a citizen from 2 years of 5 years to slow down the power switch between the then parties dues to the votes of the French immigrates running away from the French revolution.

Then we had as a main engine of the KKK growth in the 1920s was not just hate for blacks but also for immigrates such a Europeans Catholics.

Hawkeyes you are in fine company indeed.

engineer

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 04:29 pm
@BillRM,
I heard a story just this week about how the KKK supported prohibition because they hated the Catholics (who liked to drink) and the Jews (who ran many distilleries) as well as feared the idea of a drinking black man.
eoe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 04:54 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:
a school that strongly appears to discriminate against whites.

Lol.

what a joke.
BillRM

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 05:14 pm
@engineer,
Marijuana was also claimed to drive black men crazy with lust for white women.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 05:44 pm
@eoe,
Quote:
what a joke
and yet you don't bother to support your opinion. The days when Americans thought it impossible for whites to be discriminated against are over, in case you had not noticed. A claim of discrimination against whites is no longer false on the face of it, enquiry is required.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 05:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
People or cities reach out to help clearly forgotten kids and you whail about bias? The rub of privilege passed, or so I wish it were.