What do A2k'ers sound like in your head?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 10:13 pm
I like Cavett. It's the juxtaposition(s) that is hilarious to me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 03:00 am
@msolga,
Voice chat is easy...you both just need the same variety of chat software, and a working mic and sound.

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 04:00 am
@dlowan,
A totally mystery to me, Deb.

I will have to do a bit of research.
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 04:54 am
@msolga,
Oh I love this thread

MsOlga - skype is real easy, just type it in to google and you can download it for free. You just need to plug in a mic/headset and you're good to go. I only have a school laptop at the moment so can't skype... but when I get mine back, will give you a ping - it's fabulous to put the voice to the person you are talking with online and hear how they are writing. It does make it much more personal tho so some folk might not wanna do that.

Talking to people for real after talking online for a long time is great!

I've spoken to so many A2Kers and met quite a few - I think my biggest surprise was Chai2 ... and Rock actually if you look at postings compared to actual voices. I met Chai oh too briefly last year and she was softly spoken, FAB accent, ahhh, gentle, lovely, very kindly to me and the kid, and just as she is here incredibly quickwitted, funny, lovely to hug. SheWolf is exactly as she speaks here - excitable, enthused... we spent long hours together just talking and talking

Rockhead is the total opposite to how he talks online. He talks a LOT in real life and has a deep kinda voice that you would hear on the radio - talk talk talk - deep voice and he talks in big long huge paragraphs.

Missy's voice is sooooooo gorgeous - you'd all fall in love with her voice, dare I say, a very sensual southern belle she is. Beautiful voice and accent - she lulls as she talks - gorgeous to listen to, I could sit and listen to her all day - would so love to hear her sing.

Mame HAS AN ACCENT. We've talked loads - she's got such a strong voice, you listen to everything she says, deep and thoughtful, very positive voice. Love picking the phone up to hear her on it - she laughs a lot. Big laughs from inside.

Dutchy is a wonderful Aussie fella voice with a definite twang from his roots! Bazza's a Cockney Londoner and McT has a gorgeous quietly spoken Scottish accent. I talk double his pace!

Boida - what an accent - LOVE IT... LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Gotta meet that gal.

Dayum, wish I had skype right now.

ah.... MsOlga - it is so lovely talking to people in realtime and hearing their voices... too many to mention each one, tho I would love to go on about them... after I've spoken to folk tho I can definitely hear how they write.

I must say, the person who I can see that writes just as he talks is Joe from Chicago - in person, like here, he is the most brilliantly dry and humourous fella - after meeting him I read his posts completely differently, if you can 'hear' him write but see the twinkle in his eye, the posts sound different. He's so clever - he says something and then you realise what he's said and it's real sharp and witty!

There are a couple people I've spoken to that when I've heard their voices and now see their posts - the interpretation is completely different. The langauge barrier can alter their post because when you know how they talk and then they write/translate in English, it comes across completely different. It can be hugely misinterpreted or sound different.

It's good to talk.

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:01 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
ah.... MsOlga - it is so lovely talking to people in realtime and hearing their voices... too many to mention each one, tho I would love to go on about them... after I've spoken to folk tho I can definitely hear how they write.

Goodness me, Iz, you seem to have talked to everyone!

Was that a great recommendation for Skype, or what? Very Happy

Ok, I am definitely going to check this out. Watch out, A2K!

Thanks, Iz. I am always the last to know! Wink
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:13 am
@Eva,
My father is a retired college professor. The chairperson for his department at the time he retired was female. Your voice reminded me of her voice.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:21 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
I must say, the person who I can see that writes just as he talks is Joe from Chicago - in person, like here, he is the most brilliantly dry and humourous fella - after meeting him I read his posts completely differently, if you can 'hear' him write but see the twinkle in his eye, the posts sound different. He's so clever - he says something and then you realise what he's said and it's real sharp and witty!

That is a good characterization of joefromchicago's voice. Earlier on this thread, my remark about his voice was not accurate at all. I was only trying to trade jokes with him.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:35 am
@msolga,
Hon...if I can do it you can!!! Mics are cheap.

Mic and headset, too.

As izzie says, Skype is free. Talking is CHEAP!!!! NOT like international phone call. I think it's free, except if you over-do your download limit.

I haven't done it for ever, but it can be nice.
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:38 am
@dlowan,
Thanks, Deb.

Iz just sent me a whole lot of information by PM.

I will check this out, definitely! Very Happy

0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:01 am
Skype is really good. If you have a nice webcam, the refresh rate makes the image almost real-time too.

T
K
O
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:16 am
@Diest TKO,
Oh I just want to talk, Diest! Smile
wandeljw

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:55 am
@Diest TKO,
You should post your latest "V-Log" on this thread so that everyone can hear what you sound like.

(TKO sounds like an earnest young dude.)
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:00 am
@wandeljw,
Not my most recent one (audio sync issue lately), but this one is perhaps most like me.

T
K
O
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:01 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Oh I just want to talk, Diest! Smile

You don't have to turn on video. You can do audio only and the quality is pretty good IMO.

There's also a lot of cool audio/video conferencing web-based platforms. It would be fun to do a A2K one...

Hmmm....

T
K
O
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:05 am
@Diest TKO,
Very Happy Hey!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:06 am
@msolga,
It was a funny evening. I called him and we talked for three hours. Then he told me that he hadn't had any dinner and that he had to pee. He said he would call me back. He did and we talked for another three hours.
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:10 am
@plainoldme,
Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:27 am
@boomerang,
I love Dolly Pardon, boomer - I absolutely took it as a compliment. I love that she doesn't take herself too seriously. Life is too short to get so wrapped up in yourself and your own importance. She is awesome. I think she would be great fun to hang with. There are some people you just know you would click with - I know those folks here on A2K...I consider you one of them. Smile Thank you again!

Quote:
Missy's voice is sooooooo gorgeous - you'd all fall in love with her voice, dare I say, a very sensual southern belle she is. Beautiful voice and accent - she lulls as she talks - gorgeous to listen to, I could sit and listen to her all day - would so love to hear her sing.

Oh Izzie - how you do go on Wink Razz...you are much too kind. One day sister...you and I ARE going to get to sit and talk face to face.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:34 am
@mismi,
the one time I spoke to Mis, I was about dead, and sleep-deprived as hell, but I remember it being kinda Faith Hill like. with a twinkle of the south all through it.
mismi

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:52 am
@Rockhead,
You are a sweety too Rock. I remember that as well...you have a wonderful voice ...you were tired...it was short and sweet - I didn't get the paragraph upon paragraph Wink Very Happy But it is a beautiful voice.

I loved talking to you and Iz and JPB.
0 Replies