What do A2k'ers sound like in your head?

wandeljw

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:55 am
@Diest TKO,
That was righteous, TKO. A thoughtful exploration of Post-Kantian ethics.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:11 pm
Always thought TKO would have more of a southern accent.

I asked my wife who I sounded like....she said...."you know those movies where a group of teenagers from the city get lost on some backroad, and after wandering around for a few hours they finally find some guy deep out in the woods, and he's holding a chicken, or part of a goat, and they stop and ask him for directions...that guy."

After she said that, she stared at me for a few min, then went and locked herself in our bedroom. Hell, I always thought I sounded like John Houseman.
chai2

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:23 pm
@2PacksAday,
yeah, when my husband met my family, he really laid it on thick.

I was waiting for him to open the bathroom door, look in and holler out "yeeee haaaw. I'd heard of indoor plumbin' afore, never thought I'd live to see it." Then lock himself in there and keep flushing for 3 hours.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:24 pm
@2PacksAday,
You sound like family to me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:02 pm
Spendius
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:09 pm
@2PacksAday,
I never had a Southern accent growing up in Missouri, but I can do a good Ozark accent. I occasionally let a few colloquialisms trip off the tongue.

T
K
O
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:12 pm
@2PacksAday,
Hey 6pack - ah, we only spoke briefly through a thunderstorm - I thought you had a midwest accent I thought, you were quietly spoken whilst I screeched down the phone as the storm closed in. So sorry we couldnt meet up - but I was very glad to speak to you. Your posts are hilarious much of the time - way good sense of humour. Would love to have seen the things you make.

Love that we talked for a little bit Very Happy
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
I always think of a English version of Hunter S Thompson

T
K
O
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:14 pm
@2PacksAday,
Wonderful post, 2Packs. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:26 pm
Farmerman debunks Hollywood's treatment of some of his favourite subjects. The voice isn't quite right (too high pitched & rapid, I think), but his words certainly rings some bells! Wink

0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:41 pm
Spendius

The old guy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:12 pm
@2PacksAday,
Great post, 2packs....you literally had me laughing out loud! Laughing Cool
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:16 pm

TTH... almost except a little more shriller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:18 pm
@Diest TKO,
I spent about 5 months in Springfield ...in 97...built a motel out there, overall the accents I encountered were pretty flat...midwesternish...nothing like my part of the state. A few times while we were out eating, I heard some true Ozark accents but not very often.

There were two carpenters on the job that were from NW Ark, really nice guys, and they sounded more like me...I have a cartoon character that I've drawn since high school...the first time I heard one of them speak I instantly said...that's it...that's the voice for my character, after I showed him a few panels, he could see how his voice fit him as well....like Sam Elliot, but very soft.

Izzie....yeah, when we spoke I was trying to speak as clear as possible...seems it worked...I only remember once slipping and saying a "made up" word, which produced a huh?....then backtracking and saying it right. It would have been great to see you guys in person....perhaps next time.

---------

Just about every black stand-up has a "white guy" voice, when I go through a drive thru window, I often use that voice...very perky, but flat, somewhat high pitched....because if I don't I'll get some really wild bags of food, 16 sodas, and some car parts...I call it my dorky voice. Sometimes when I'm writing I am thinking in that voice, {among others} and I'll bet there are a few members here that can "hear" the difference.

------

The voice for Stewie Griffin is based on Rex Harrison.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:18 pm
@2PacksAday,
I am not familiar with you as i was away for awhile but your posts make me laugh.
chai2

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 06:55 pm
@2PacksAday,
2PacksAday wrote:

Izzie....yeah, when we spoke I was trying to speak as clear as possible...seems it worked...I only remember once slipping and saying a "made up" word, which produced a huh?....then backtracking and saying it right. It would have been great to see you guys in person....perhaps next time.

---------

Just about every black stand-up has a "white guy" voice, when I go through a drive thru window, I often use that voice...very perky, but flat, somewhat high pitched....because if I don't I'll get some really wild bags of food, 16 sodas, and some car parts...I call it my dorky voice. Sometimes when I'm writing I am thinking in that voice, {among others} and I'll bet there are a few members here that can "hear" the difference.

God you crack me up. I'd love to get you and Wally in the same room together.

Wally to waitress...."Lemme hold 'bout 5 of them biscuts an see if they have 6 or 7 chicken eggs they can fry."

Made up words? He could start a new dictionary.

Whenever we go somewhere important, like the doctor, or parole office, I have to say to him, "Now listen up, I'm being serious. Talk like a normal person, Ok?"

He'll look all dispirited and say "ohhhh....all right."
ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 07:02 pm
@chai2,
2packs cracks me up but also makes me think. Dunno his voice. I guarantee mine would bore him, unless I got to laughing.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 07:19 pm
I found myself thinking of people's voices today, trying to remember the voices of those I met and imagining what people sound like.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 11:53 pm
@plainoldme,
I do actually remember you from way back when, way before I became a member here.....I'd say at least once a week I would find myself at this site {well, the old pre.org one} as there was, and still is a member here that has obviously read many of the same books as I have...his posts would turn up in my searches quite often....and then I would spend some time looking around. BPB is another that I remember from those early days...he's kinda hard to forget....as well as his BVT name.

-----

I've been wanting to take my boy to Texas, show him a few things that are very important to me, he's getting to that age now where he can appreciate those things...if I ever get down that way, I'll be sure and look you and Wally up....I promise to comb my hair and everything.

parole office...now that's funny.

-----

Accents, dialects, tone of voice....eyes, body language....very few people I have met were boring....many without even saying a word.
chai2

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 05:29 am
@2PacksAday,
2PacksAday wrote:

I've been wanting to take my boy to Texas, show him a few things that are very important to me, he's getting to that age now where he can appreciate those things...if I ever get down that way, I'll be sure and look you and Wally up....I promise to comb my hair and everything.

Whoo Hooo!

We would both love to meet you! Very Happy
0 Replies