What is the optimum number of marriages for one life time?

Khethil

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 03:34 pm
Yes, one... as long as it was a good decision in which nothing happened that necessitated a break (and that throughout life's changes both parties found their goals to be compatible). While I'd agree that there's benefit to sticking with it and working towards the long term, people change - thus its quite understandable (and even prudent) that there often comes a time to extricate oneself from a bad situation.

That being said, there's no single answer. Although I've seen a number of sources support that the as in life-time/one-partner scenario isn't endemic to the human animal at all - that its only through our emotional needs, commitment or conscious drive that such a thing happens at all. Of course there are sociological, emotional and psychological factors that - once stirred in - muddy the waters of clarity for any one... single... answer.

It depends. Nothing so flighty and diverse as human nature can have a single standard applied to all.

Thanks
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:25 am
Doesn't that depend upon how long the life time is? Wink Laughing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:37 am

The optimal number is O
djjd62

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
ding, ding, ding

you are correct sir, step right up and claim your prize
http://img06.shop-pro.jp/PA01019/237/product/3569444.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 09:31 pm
@Heeven,
You are and always will be my dream girl. Let's just get together and be boyfriend/girlfriend. I promise I won't propose to you, EVER!
chrisbeeson

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 08:31 pm
@msolga,
It depends on how you were raised I guess. I've had 2 step mothers and a step father. Many 1/2 siblings. My full brother has been happily married for 8 years now, and there's no end in sight for his first wife. I've been in 3 relationships over a year (one of them 7 years) and I've still never even considered marriage. I just can't make the mistakes my parents made, so it'll be one for me and I'll be sure of it.
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 08:40 pm
@chrisbeeson,
Quote:
it'll be one for me and I'll be sure of it.

And I really hope it works out like that for you, chrisbeeson.

Quite a few of us on this thread felt exactly the same way when we first married ... & things didn't quite turn out as we'd planned.
Here's hoping your experience will be completely different. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 02:57 am
@kickycan,
Quote:
You are and always will be my dream girl. Let's just get together and be boyfriend/girlfriend. I promise I won't propose to you, EVER!

Kickycan, I've just got to say what a delight it is to see you posting here again!
Welcome back.
And as for your message to Heeven, how could she possibly refuse such a perfect offer? Smile
0 Replies

znljubica

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 10:27 am
When it is well, it is never too late, whenit is bad, it is always too early.

In any case, we should recall:
Relations in society were very much changed, but not biology.
0 Replies