30 Governors Threatened to be 'Removed'

parados

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 09:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

You've still not answered my question - where is the evidence?

I guess you must have missed the news on the FBI reports on the increase in conservative groups and possible violence from them.

It's not like it's been a secret. The conservatives howled about it quite a bit.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:21 pm
WASHINGTON " The FBI is warning police across the country that an anti-government group's call to remove governors from office could provoke violence.

The group called the Guardians of the free Republics wants to "restore America" by peacefully dismantling parts of the government, according to its Web site. It sent letters to governors demanding they leave office or be removed.

Investigators do not see threats of violence in the group's message, but fear the broad call for removal of top state officials could lead others to act out violently. At least two states beefed up security in response.

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 03:43 am
Hmmm... I'm slow to feel actually threatened by RW extremist groups still, but I admit my alert does seem to rise a little in the last week. I guess part of me says that the rise-up-against nut-jobs are all talk, but reading about specific plans to kill innocent people, specific vandalism, and home sabotage, make me take a second glance when I hear about threats to governors.

People with plans are scary.

T
K
O
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 10:36 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah. Unfortunately, crazy seems to feedback on itself. Kinda like excited particles. One crazy seems to trigger a bunch of other crazies, then there's a quiet period while we generate new crazies.
djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 10:41 am
@DrewDad,
couldn't agree more, i got so riled up the last election i almost went out and voted on election day

of course i couldn't, i'd already voted in an early poll (stupid rules, only one vote for person, what kind of democracy is that)
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 10:47 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

More Than 30 Governors Have Received Threats in the Last Week

By JASON RYAN
In the past week over 30 state governors have received letters from an anti-government group demanding their resignations or they could be "removed."

What's the problem? The ballot box is an effective removal tool.

If you want someone "removed" you vote for the other candidate.
djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 10:49 am
@H2O MAN,
not in canada, i've voted for the other candidate and sometimes they don't win

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 11:04 am
As the story gets refined by the media, it becomes clear, the group gets over hyped. Still, we don't need people telling elected officials they have three days to get out.
rabel22

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 11:31 am
@edgarblythe,
I agree! I say give them 24 hrs to get out of town.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 01:22 pm
This is how the brown shirts came into power in Germany with the bad economic scene. George W. Bush set the stage of lawlessness by ruining the economy. I hope sane Americans and will tamp down on the insane ones and help Obama set the economic ship straight.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 01:53 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
. I hope sane Americans and will tamp down on the insane ones and help Obama set the economic ship straight.
I am insane then, because what this group wants to do I have called for myself. We should remove every elected official until they get the message that they work for us, not the corporate elite. It should be done through the vote of course, but so far no one has determined that the group sending the letters had anything else but that in mind.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 02:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

As the story gets refined by the media, it becomes clear, the group gets over hyped. Still, we don't need people telling elected officials they have three days to get out.

My thoughts, exactly. I am going to add that I doubt any of us knows how many such implied threats are made to people in public life on a daily basis over all kinds of issues. It sure happened with AIG employees promised bonuses while trying to straighten out that debacle. Those were also reported nationally, and I think that all that happened is that Congress voted to tax them at a 95% rate.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 02:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
As the story gets refined by the media, it becomes clear
since 9/11 how many times have we been though this, where the government announces that some horrible terrorist group has been found out and taken down, but over the days a weeks after it becomes clear that the "offenders" were three drunk guys with a pop gun, who were mouthing off?? The government claims make page 1, the truth page 38, if it makes into the news at all.

Nothing changes, we never learn.
Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 02:24 pm
@talk72000,
This is a simple-minded and naive statement of a course of events much more complex and intricate than you are claiming. The situation in post-war Germany and the contemporary United States are not even remotely analogous.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 03:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
As the story gets refined by the media, it becomes clear
since 9/11 how many times have we been though this, where the government announces that some horrible terrorist group has been found out and taken down, but over the days a weeks after it becomes clear that the "offenders" were three drunk guys with a pop gun, who were mouthing off?? The government claims make page 1, the truth page 38, if it makes into the news at all.

Nothing changes, we never learn.

Pop guns?

You don't think the Hutree group would have made good on their threat?

T
K
O
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 03:23 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
You don't think the Hutree group would have made good on their threat?

what was the threat? This is a group that is known to be non violent, where is the threat is saying that if the official does not leave (or agree to leave? ) in three days that a recall effort would be started? Do you know for a fact that the above is not what was meant?

It might be that these letters carried a threat, but so far it has not been shown to be true. When a day or so after the hysterical announcement of these letters the government officials say something to the effect " we are not worried about this group, but are concerned that they may stir up a real threat" I suspect that it has been decided that no threat was relayed here.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 03:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
furthermore, if the government claims are true about why they are hysterical why didn't they solve the problem by not publicizing these letters? Was there some obligation to do so? I hear that most presidents get several death threats a week, but the Secret Service has the good sense to keep quiet in the press, they deal with any threats as a law enforcement action only.

Why was that not done here?
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 03:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse the topic. I'm referring to the RW militia people arrested last week who had planned and organized to kill several cops to initiate a revolt in the USA.

I see this along with the vandalism and sabotage to be related to the threats that Governors and other elected officials are receiving.

I'm saying that I'm not so sure the threats are just talk.

T
K
O
dyslexia

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 03:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
You're going to hell for your blasphemy, but I suspect you've known that for some time now.
pretty funny finn, next you'll be telling us you're a christian. I'm sure we'll all get a good laugh out of that.
djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 03:47 pm
@dyslexia,
http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/478/47831.gif
0 Replies