Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:14 pm
@djjd62,
Nope.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Nothing we can't handle, olga. In fact, I've recruited rjb to handle our light work for us. Care for a beer? Fosters?

I hope you're right about "handling it", edgar. I genuinely am worried.

But how can you possibly go wrong with RJB on the job!?

A wee bit early in the day for a beer, yet, but thanks for the offer.

A Redback or a Coopers ale, later in the day would be fantastic! Fosters is a little rugged for me. Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:18 pm
It is a serious problem, olga. Basically, the extreme right wing of American politics acts up this way whenever a Democrat gets elected to run the country. They quieten down somewhat when Republicans are in. The more hot headed ones try to go a step beyond the rhetoric, but in the main they are controllable with the law we have available.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:30 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
A wee bit early in the day for a beer

Shocked
are you sure you're a real australian
ABE5177

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:36 pm
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:

Potential is what Mc Veigh was.

so there's no difference between potential and actual, got it, thois cartoonist is guilty of killing obama then i guesshttp://www.politicalnewstv.com/imgs/Obama-Monkey-Cartoon-21233.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:38 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:

Surprised
are you sure you're a real australian

Mixed heritage, djjd.

It gets confusing sometimes, the different customs! Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:38 pm
After the revolution, and before the constitutional convention, there was Shays' Rebellion, and similar insurrections in "the back country." The states called out their militias, but they also co-opted the complaints of the rebels by extending the franchise (in most states) to all adult, white males. Doesn't sound like much to us, but it was considered radical in its day.

After the new government formed based on the ratification of the constitution, such nut cases have been seen again and again. There was the Whiskey Rebellion, and Aaron Burr allegedly plotted to set up a rival republic in what were then the western territories. The Mormons murdered Federal officials, and seized and imprisoned Federal judges, leading to the two Mormon "wars."

This ain't the first time, and it likely won't be the last. Usually, this is a lot of noise and damned little action. Generally, the dictum that barking dogs don't bite holds true. I don't think these clowns are a serious threat, but that doesn't mean you ignore them. As has been cogently pointed out, the nut bag acting alone and inspired by the dipshit rhetoric can still be a threat.

I've heard this clown from the Texas radio station holding forth on conspiracy theories on CBC radio. In particular case of his rant about Pearl Harbor, he was so full of ****--peddling outright lies--that it was hard to know where to begin. But jokers like him will always be marginally popular, because he's telling the deluded exactly what they want to hear.
ABE5177

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:44 pm
@Setanta,
tired of this, all those syears wwe saw this ceRAP and freedom of speech was good then but no good now, its suddnly racist?
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/l/7/bush_chimp.jpg
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:45 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Ironic, really ironic. We spent some 70 years all worked up about a potential Communist revolution in this country. None of the lefties of the 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s or 70s came anywhere close to wreaking the kind of potential havoc that the so-called Right is now starting to wage. I'm glad I won't be around that much longer. Good luck to you young folks.

I would prefer that you stay around quite a long time, and divorce yourself from the Big Lie, but if you can't...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Don't bother to question what your read edgar.

You're an intelligent fellow.

Does it make any sense to you that there is a truly dangerous and violent Right-Wing movement that singles Jindall and Perry for destruction, but is OK with 20 other governors?

Might there be a handful of violent nuts who could realize their sick fervor?

Of course, but to suggest that one or the other political spectrum has a monoply on such sickness is ridiculous.

Do you realize that the only person who had been arrested, in the last few weeks, for acts of politically motivated violence is the miscreant who has gone after Eric Kantor?

Do you realize that one of the more prominent a-holes in this sick Humvee group was a registered Democrat?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, there you go.

We all know that it takes a well organized movement to send 50 letters to 50 governors.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
the police already know this group, say that there is nothing to fear from them because they are strictly non-violent. The hysteria is justified on the grounds that they might give violent types ideas, and the authorities want to scare off the copy-cats
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:58 pm
Msolga: We are flippant here on this thread. But I am perhaps more concerned than others about where the anger in the U.S. might take us.
My Dem Congressman had the gas line to his house severed. Bricks were hurled through the window of Repub campaign offices right down the road from where I live.
There is a lot of hostility in the U.S. right now. Hostility towards this or that issue or this or that politician or, perhaps, this or that Wall Street fat cat getting fatter at what is perceived as taxpayer expense.
It is "...all about the economy, stupid." The late Lee Atwater proclaimed that. He was right a decade or two ago or three ago.

Here is what scares me, Msolga. There is nothing we can do about it, but there are talk show hosts (left and right) etc who can only get attention and ratings if they make inflammatory comments. And there is a certain element of the population who believe what they hear and act accordingly.
I am a bit frightened about where this may end up going.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:59 pm
@dyslexia,
I'm curious Dys, are you the last SDA member squirreled away in the great Western desert, giving both the literal and metaphorical finger to The Man and all who you would associate with him?

Just curious now.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:01 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
There is a lot of hostility in the U.S. right now. Hostility towards this or that issue or this or that politician or, perhaps, this or that Wall Street fat cat getting fatter at what is perceived as taxpayer expense.
Obama plays into it when he disrespects the opposition, as he has done continually of late. His mocking the health care insurance reform opposition with his "Armageddon" stand up routine yesterday was pretty scary.

Somebody needs to remind this fool that he is supposed to at least try to pretend that he is everyones president, not just the leader of those who agree with him.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:02 pm
@ABE5177,
Hey, asshole, i didn't say a single word about racism. I'm not responsible for those hilarious images, either.

I'm not surprised that this is something about which you are obsessed, though, given the incredibly hateful things you say about our members who happen to be Jews. Why don't you go hunt down a few "Christ-killers" in your hometown, and leave the grownups here to intelligently discuss the subject.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
One person could send threatening letters to 50 governors and this would be meaningful in what way
Oh, I dont know, maybe because its newsworthy? Idike to know as much as possible so that an informed public could help in the aprehension of the felon(s)

Do you think this sort of loony behavior didn't happen when Bush and Reagan were presidents? It wasn't all that newsworthy then...why not?

But let's concede such a letter writing campaign is a felony and that the miscreant who has launched it should be apprehended and punished. (He or she should)

If publishing the story about it helps such an end, that's great, but do you really believe that's why the story is being published?

It's being published so that edgars can post threads like this and <sigh> and Merry can lament that he's glad he's about to die.

We can vehemently disagree on ideology and I will continue to respect you, but if you buy this shite as a truly objective warning of the grim future around the corner, I'm afraid I can't. Not that you care, but there it is.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:11 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

realjohnboy wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

It's not surprising, edgar, that you have become a vector for the viral propaganda campaign of the Left.

"Edgar, the Viral Vector." Start designing an A2K costume reflecting that, Edgar.
jesus ******* christ, I hope the costume includes a Stetson hat.

Sorry Good Ole Dys, but you as an archetype have cornered the market on Stetsons. There's nothing particularly Western or Gabby Hayes related about a viral vector.

BTW - You're going to hell for your blasphemy, but I suspect you've known that for some time now.

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:18 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Msolga: We are flippant here on this thread. But I am perhaps more concerned than others about where the anger in the U.S. might take us.
My Dem Congressman had the gas line to his house severed. Bricks were hurled through the window of Repub campaign offices right down the road from where I live.
It is "...all about the economy, stupid." The late Lee Atwater proclaimed that. He was right a decade or two ago or three ago.

Here is what scares me, Msolga. There is nothing we can do about it, but there are talk show hosts (left and right) etc who can only get attention and ratings if they make inflammatory comments. And there is a certain element of the population who believe what they hear and act accordingly.
I am a bit frightened about where this may end up going.

Thank you for this post, RJB.
As I said earlier, I share your fear, but had wondered if media reporting had inflated the seriousness of the situation. It sounds extremely serious to me. Almost impossible to understand why, too. That part makes almost no sense, from a long way away. Because of the introduction of a not exactly radical universal health program by Obama's government? Confused
0 Replies