Scouting out guys at the grocery store.

cavfancier

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 08:32 am
True enough, Gautam, but you actually know how to cook proper veggie cuisine, and I would never expect that you would be pale. Most of the veggie chicks I see around here live on processed veggie products, and don't really bother learning much about cooking, or about combining proteins. My cousin was like that for a while. She ate dairy, so lived on eclairs and cheese. Thankfully, she wised up, and started researching, and took up kickboxing, and she is gorgeous now. She also stared eating fish (no pun intended, but there might be something in it anyway) Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:10 am
what's a "processed veggie product?"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:12 am
You know, that weird 'flavoured tofu', anything veggie made to resemble meat, 'organic vegetarian' jarred anything....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:14 am
Erm, non-cheese macaroni and cheese in a box, instant veggie soup mix with spicing...the list goes on....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:14 am
Ah, just so. As someone who's only been vegetarian when he couldn't afford to partake of flesh (though that mostly means trout and tilapia nowadays), I never really did get that.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:15 am
It is unbelieveable the amount of processed veggie crap that has come on the market here in recent years Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:19 am
I think I've just been exposed to it for so much of my life that I've learned to walk by the aisle. (Of course, the irony is to think of how many small wild animals are killed whenever wheat is harvested. In terms of individual lives lost, it's probably more conscionable (sp?) to eat steak than bread. Course, there's the quality of life question, but that's a whole other question.)

Oh -- beware of the guy who's making a big show of buying exotic ingredients but clearly doesn't know what he's doing with 'em. That guy is bad news, 'k.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:27 am
Heh heh, I see 'em all the time..."So I was watching the Food Network...." I am also a dedicated carnivore. I only do this sort of research so I can inform my clients should they be veggie-inclined.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 11:51 am
"Vegetarian": An old american indian term meaning "lousy hunter".
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 07:39 pm
Joe Nation - I'm all for the tags, but who gets to decide what to write on them? The guys themselves? Their girlfriends? Their mamas?

Deb - I'm with you on enjoying food shopping. It is fun, sensual, and even inspirational.

Cav - pale!?! You haven't seen me (or Gautam - you're a vegie Gautam...?)..... Grrrr. And we're not all passive types either.

Pdog - I think I'd see through that guy.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 08:15 pm
K:

A committee consisting of former girlfriends and their best friends will meet monthly and decide on a numerical rating and three descriptive phrases. The number will be based on a average score rating social skills (training), general philosphy (attitude) and um interpersonal uh skills and achievements (sex). There is no limit on the number of committee members, however, there is a deduction of 1.o average points for any committee larger than twelve. (Down boy, down!)

The phrases and numbers would be put on a micro chip and inserted into a fleshy area of the man's thigh. A reader would be placed in any woman's cellphone. The display would look like this:
5.6 2.7 9.8 Freakozoid Controller

The display would scroll through the other two phrases and the user could scroll through past scores to see if there has been improvement. (this data can also be displayed as a Excel chart or a Power Point slide in case someone wanted to email their mother...... Look ma ! All Sevens!)

Any man who felt unhappy about their rating would be told tough ****.

hmmm. This could work..

This wouldn't for women though, there is no group of ex-boyfriends capable of remembering who they went out with more than three months ago.......................... J
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 08:20 pm
holy ****!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:12 pm
um thanks.

I can start the research, if you will look for funding, we can have a prototype delivered to the Qualcomm people in say fourteen months?

Cool Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:15 pm
Do you do this type of thing for a living?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:25 pm
Soon, Joe MultiMillionaire won't need to go to stores himself..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 10:09 pm
Uh huh, kinda like the Shrub's Pappy, when he went into that supermarket, and didn't know what a scanner was . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 10:24 pm
Listen, I think it is easy falling behind. You read Sharper Image or whatever it is lately? Sheesh. I am soooo gadgetless. I can imagine scanner fright.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 04:23 am
lil'k - yep a veggies (no meat, no fish) for the past 9 yrs now - and not passive either Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 05:27 am
YAaas. It's my job to devise incredibly complex solutions to demonstrably simple problems.

Question: Why do vegetarians take vegetable matter and form it into stuff that looks like meat? Vegetarian sausage. Huh?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 05:42 am
Because there are women who want their husbands to be vegetarian (and far less often, husbands who want their wives to be vegetarian) who are fighting an uphill battle against their spouse's love of meat. So they come up with vegetable-based substitutes.
0 Replies