edgarblythe

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 04:24 pm
Often you can wait for them to wind down and go away, but these guys have started to grow roots.
0 Replies

chai2

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's not so much that it's on the atheist thread edgar, and yes Frank, I understand this is an open forum, and also I have the option of reading or not reading.

But honestly Frank, don't you feel somewhat embarrassed by your ceaselessly repeating the exact same words over and over?
That's the part that gets me, not just here, but in any thread, or life in general.

This clip below, from Buffalo 66, a movie I really like, reminds me of my brother, who has developed worse and worse mental problems over the years. It also very much reminds me of you Frank.

My husband and I used to have an inside joke with each other about "spanning time" One of us would say something like "We're spanning time" when we were with someone who couldn't seem to stop themselves from obsessively repeating themselves.

Frank, long ago when you were last spending time on A2k I put you on ignore for the very same reason. Your repetition was maddening. You're still actually on ignore, but I sometimes click on your name to see what you said in various threads. I'm not going to click on your name on this one any more.

You don't seem to realize Frank, that the street goes both ways. Sure you can act like a mentally unstable or senile person. Or like someone who really doesn't have anything to say (obviously, as why would you keep regurgitating the exact same words), but just like to stir the pot.

That means others, including me, can tell you what a boring old goat you are.

Seriously, do you somehow think edgar, or this person jasper, hasn't seen the words you type over and over with their own eyes? Or that if they read the exact same 10 or 12 words they will suddenly read something different there?

I know my brother does this because he's become bat **** crazier and crazier over the years, and I don't think he can physically stop inself any more.

You and he both sound like Leo DiCaprio in that Howard Hughes movie.

I believe you like to fashion yourself as some kind of debater.
Well, debating isn't just repeating yourself.

Seriously dude. Get some new material

Or, keep repeating yourself. Either way.

chai2

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Why does our atheism thread have to host this crap?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/6d93ddd1e9a15ba66b6d33b887cea897/tenor.gif?itemid=12072978
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 07:33 pm
Spot on. I put them both on ignore after my last post to Frank. They don't disrupt my reading on here. It's the incredible rudeness when they already had a thread to do this regurgitation they engage in. Frank has been repeating his mantra word for word since the Abuzz days. The more you resist it the more aggressive he becomes.
hingehead

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 11:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's why I've had Frank on ignore for the best part of a decade. I don't hate him or anything, it's just effing boring.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 05:16 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

It's not so much that it's on the atheist thread edgar, and yes Frank, I understand this is an open forum, and also I have the option of reading or not reading.

But honestly Frank, don't you feel somewhat embarrassed by your ceaselessly repeating the exact same words over and over?
That's the part that gets me, not just here, but in any thread, or life in general.

This clip below, from Buffalo 66, a movie I really like, reminds me of my brother, who has developed worse and worse mental problems over the years. It also very much reminds me of you Frank.

My husband and I used to have an inside joke with each other about "spanning time" One of us would say something like "We're spanning time" when we were with someone who couldn't seem to stop themselves from obsessively repeating themselves.

Frank, long ago when you were last spending time on A2k I put you on ignore for the very same reason. Your repetition was maddening. You're still actually on ignore, but I sometimes click on your name to see what you said in various threads. I'm not going to click on your name on this one any more.

You don't seem to realize Frank, that the street goes both ways. Sure you can act like a mentally unstable or senile person. Or like someone who really doesn't have anything to say (obviously, as why would you keep regurgitating the exact same words), but just like to stir the pot.

That means others, including me, can tell you what a boring old goat you are.

Seriously, do you somehow think edgar, or this person jasper, hasn't seen the words you type over and over with their own eyes? Or that if they read the exact same 10 or 12 words they will suddenly read something different there?

I know my brother does this because he's become bat **** crazier and crazier over the years, and I don't think he can physically stop inself any more.

You and he both sound like Leo DiCaprio in that Howard Hughes movie.

I believe you like to fashion yourself as some kind of debater.
Well, debating isn't just repeating yourself.

Seriously dude. Get some new material

Or, keep repeating yourself. Either way.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwrJcbCOWs[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Um4x6M8ew[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Pbx9mvWPY[/youtube]

As I said, Chai...if you do not like what I have to say...do not read what I write. Once I put someone on IGNORE...I never ever read another word they write. Problem solved.

If you want to think I am crazy and boring...think it. (I am finishing this thought because I think you are incapable of just ignoring someone, you just like to tell them you are. My bet is you are reading this.)

Edgar has asserted several times that THERE ARE NO GODS. He has added stuff like THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN GODS AND NEVER WILL BE.

This is a thread devoted to atheism...and I am testing that assertion. It seems reasonable to me. And although you claim I have been on IGNORE since early on, here you are telling me I should not be doing so.

Can you see the disconnect?

0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 15 Jul, 2020 01:12 pm
A thread is not a plane, and cannot possibly be "highjacked". What can and does happens is that some guys will post a lot more than others. If that annoys you, don't read them...
0 Replies

knaivete

Wed 15 Jul, 2020 08:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I do not know if gods exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST (that the existence of gods is impossible);
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST (that at least one god is needed to explain existence);
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't

When did you first realise that you don't believe in gods?
Frank Apisa

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 05:28 am
@knaivete,
knaivete wrote:

Quote:
I do not know if gods exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST (that the existence of gods is impossible);
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST (that at least one god is needed to explain existence);
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't

When did you first realise that you don't believe in gods?

It was about at age 22 I realized that I did not "believe" any gods existed.

I also realized I did not "believe" there were no gods at that same age.

I just stopped all that "belief" stuff.

It was sufficient for me to just acknowledge that I do not know on the question.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 05:33 am
And apparently happy to stay that way. Guess Frank never would have taken a bite of the old apple.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 16 Jul, 2020 12:33 pm
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/108015400_10158373116223001_7804973440827164072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=IoHm-WcqpHcAX8d5QSk&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=0645abc6ec83523c84338c423c349cf3&oe=5F35E7C5
chai2

Sat 18 Jul, 2020 10:18 am
@chai2,
https://thinkwithoutlimits.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/hitchens-razor.jpg?w=372
Frank Apisa

Sat 18 Jul, 2020 10:31 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

https://thinkwithoutlimits.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/hitchens-razor.jpg?w=372

Very, very true.

Which is why I dismiss the assertions "There is a GOD" and "There are no gods" with the same amount of disdain.
InfraBlue

Mon 20 Jul, 2020 03:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Atheism is a declaration concerning belief, it's not an assertion of knowledge. You're addressing the wrong argument. In regard to knowledge, people cherry pick what they're ignorant about.
Frank Apisa

Mon 20 Jul, 2020 03:20 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Atheism is a declaration concerning belief, it's not an assertion of knowledge. You're addressing the wrong argument. In regard to knowledge, people cherry pick what they're ignorant about.

Read what I actually said...rather than what you wanted me to say so you could attack it.

I did not even mention "atheism" in the post you point to.

I spoke to ASSERTIONS.

Deal with what I wrote.
InfraBlue

Mon 20 Jul, 2020 04:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
What you wrote is a straw man argument seeing as how you try to avoid referring to belief which is what atheism—which the post you're flailing against is about—refers to.
Frank Apisa

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 04:24 am
@InfraBlue,

InfraBlue wrote:

What you wrote is a straw man argument seeing as how you try to avoid referring to belief which is what atheism—which the post you're flailing against is about—refers to.

I did not mention "atheism" in the comment to which you made reference. If you are suggesting that "atheism" is nothing more than a "belief"...I might agree, but I doubt many here who label themselves "atheist" would.

By the way...I did not "try" to avoid referring to "belief"...

...I DID NOT REFER TO "BELIEF."
chai2

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 12:45 pm

0 Replies

chai2

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 12:46 pm
This one....

Did you just say Jesus?

Uh yea.....he's a character I've been working on.

Laughing Laughing

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 21 Jul, 2020 03:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Right, you didn't mention atheism in the comment to which I made reference. You commented on a post about atheism with a straw man argument about ignorance.

I am not suggesting that atheism is nothing more than a belief. I am saying that atheism concerns belief, specifically the lack or negation thereof.