Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 08:50 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

As I have tried to say, the warrior agnostics are the same as the deists. It kills their souls that we can't accept their belief systems.

As you have also said, "THERE ARE NO GODS."

So you should either bear the burden of proof you ask of theists...or acknowledge you cannot.

If you develop any ethics or integrity, you really ought not to make the assertion any more.

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 08:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don't have to prove that your paranoid fantasies are paranoid fantasies. It's up to you and the other warrior agnostics to either supply proof or back off.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 09:07 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't have to prove that your paranoid fantasies are paranoid fantasies. It's up to you and the other warrior agnostics to either supply proof or back off.

I have no paranoid fantasies.

If you want proof that you have written "THERE ARE NO GODS"...I can furnish it.

But best you stop the bullshit. You KNOW you have.

Here is my position:

I do not know if gods exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST (that the existence of gods is impossible);
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST (that at least one god is needed to explain existence);
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

If you see something wrong with that...or consider it illogical...put it out here. But most likely you won't, because you just like to spew your "beliefs" like theists do.

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 09:14 am
I don't have to justify being an atheist. If it kills your soul that your god delusion is not accepted by me it's your pain. Go build your church in some other thread if you don't like it.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 10:58 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't have to justify being an atheist. If it kills your soul that your god delusion is not accepted by me it's your pain. Go build your church in some other thread if you don't like it.

I agree you do not have to justify being an atheist...or a rabble rouser, for that matter. Nor am I asking you to do so.

I have no god delusions...and I am honest and ethical enough to acknowledge that I do know if gods exist or not.

You, on the other hand, have often posted that THERE ARE NO GODS.

That is akin to what theists do...post guesses as assertions.

But you apparently do not have the ethical qualities to acknowledge any of that.

So...
farmerman

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:01 am
@Frank Apisa,
Hear we go again.
Youve failed the main assertion that
1there is no evidence FOR any gos, while there IS

2Evidence against their existence
Sturgis

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:09 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
it's up to you ... supply proof...

Careful edgar, you're sounding like oralloy. 'I don't have to prove...
...you have to prove...'

Have your own beliefs or lack thereof, just don't be like him or that scuzzball jerk who thinks he's smarter and better than everyone else. You've always been above that sort of thing.
0 Replies

chai2

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Come on guys.

Let's not go down this road yet again.

It's really repetitive.
It's like watching a bad rerun of a show that wasn't great in the first place.

Everyone gets what you both think.

Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:11 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Hear we go again.
Youve failed the main assertion that
1there is no evidence FOR any gos, while there IS

2Evidence against their existence

FM...I NEVER, EVER said that there is no evidence "for the existence of gods" or for "there are no gods."

EVER.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
You are building a church and condemning all who do not tow your line. You are repeating a pattern of behavior that stalks every thread to tell everybody they cannot have different thoughts than yours. You were a scourge last time and now you are repeating it.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:17 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Come on guys.

Let's not go down this road yet again.

It's really repetitive.
It's like watching a bad rerun of a show that wasn't great in the first place.

Everyone gets what you both think.

I certainly do not want this conversation with Edgar or Farmerman. But Jasper is bringing a new perspective into it...and I was having a discussion with him...when Edgar intruded with one of his posts attacking me.

My position is clear.

I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST (that the existence of gods is impossible);
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST (that at least one god is needed to explain existence);
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

I do not see anything wrong with that position.

Now Edgar has asserted that NO GODS EXIST.

That sounds to me like Jasper asserting, "There is a God."

I want the conversation to be reasonable and courteous.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:18 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You are building a church and condemning all who do not tow your line. You are repeating a pattern of behavior that stalks every thread to tell everybody they cannot have different thoughts than yours. You were a scourge last time and now you are repeating it.

There is no way I have ever done any of that.

You can think whatever you want.

But if you are going to assert something...then you should have the ethics to back it up...or retract it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:18 am
Reasonable and courteous just like a few years back? I don't believe a word you say, motive wise.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:23 am
You, Frank, say there may be a god. Absent of the slightest proof. But you think I should prove you wrong or shut up. I am not making the invisible assertion. Therefore I don't have the burden of proof.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:31 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You, Frank, say there may be a god. Absent of the slightest proof.

YOU actually are asking for proof that there MAY BE A GOD?

C'mon!

Quote:

But you think I should prove you wrong or shut up. I am not making the invisible assertion. Therefore I don't have the burden of proof.

I have not asked you to prove me wrong.

Prove what wrong?

That there MAY BE A GOD?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:34 am
You slide around having to prove the invisible. But it makes you in fact a deist to make the assertion.
Jasper10

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank,I don’t agree with you because if neither party can prove there is or isn’t a God then there is no burden of proof on either party.If either party hopes there either is or isn’t a God there is still no burden of proof on either party.I’m not guessing.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:47 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You slide around having to prove the invisible. But it makes you in fact a deist to make the assertion.

Here is my position, Edgar:

...so I don't.

How can you possibly interpret that to mean I am asking you to prove anything?

And what assertion have I made that you claim makes me a deist?
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:50 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank,I don’t agree with you because if neither party can prove there is or isn’t a God then there is no burden of proof on either party.If either party hopes there either is or isn’t a God there is still no burden of proof on either party.I’m not guessing.

Jasper, the burden of proof arises from someone making an assertion.

I agree that neither assertion can be proven...which means that neither assertion should be made. But both assertions ARE made...frequently. And when either is made, a burden of proof does ensue.
edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 11:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
I know your position, posted for thirty years. You insist there could be a god, but have no proof for believing in the invisible, yet use it to try to upend anyone who is an atheist. Asserting the invisible without proof changes your stance from agnostic and not toward atheism.