Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 12:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I know your position, posted for thirty years. You insist there could be a god, but have no proof for believing in the invisible, yet use it to try to upend anyone who is an atheist.

I am saying there may be gods (or a God).

Are you once again going to assert THERE ARE NO GODS.

And if you do, please meet the burden of proof such an assertion entails.

Or...acknowledge that you agree with me...that there MAY be a God.

I never try to upend atheists. I do argue against anyone asserting "There is a God" or "There are no gods."

Quote:

Asserting the invisible without proof changes your stance from agnostic and not toward atheism.

I am NOT asserting the invisible.

I AM asserting that there may be gods or A GOD.

If you are asserting that THERE ARE NO GODS...please meet the burden of proof for such an assertion.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 12:05 pm
Nancy and I are going into the cool spa for a while. If I do not respond quickly, I will do so a bit later.

Very hot here in New Jersey right now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 12:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Until you can offer proof why there may be gods you have no business interfering with atheists
Jasper10

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 12:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Why shouldn’t either assertion be made? No proof needs to be given either way.As an individual can only ever hope that there is or isn’t a God no burden of proof is required in any scenario.Everything cancels out in dualistic reasoning.
farmerman

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:02 pm
wereloading up on you again. I like the new Frank .
I dont need the pqge upon pages of verbal attacks by us all. So I will defer to chai's wisdom.
Lets beat the **** out of Trump and his wacky hoards of donut eaters.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Until you can offer proof why there may be gods you have no business interfering with atheists

Nonsense.

Until you can offer proof that there are no gods...you have no business interfering with a conversation between a theist and an agnostic.

Are you asserting that there is no possibility that any gods exist?

NOT ALL ATHEISTS assert that.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:30 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Why shouldn’t either assertion be made? No proof needs to be given either way.As an individual can only ever hope that there is or isn’t a God no burden of proof is required in any scenario.Everything cancels out in dualistic reasoning.

If you want to assert there is a GOD...which you have done...the burden of proof of that assertion falls on you.

That "dualistic" nonsense goes nowhere.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:32 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

wereloading up on you again. I like the new Frank .
I dont need the pqge upon pages of verbal attacks by us all. So I will defer to chai's wisdom.
Lets beat the **** out of Trump and his wacky hoards of donut eaters.

Thank you, FM.

I will try to follow your lead on this.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
This is the atheist thread in case you can't read. Post bullshit on here I reply.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 01:36 pm
If you think there may be gods, despite the fact there is no evidence, you need to put up or shut up.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

If you think there may be gods, despite the fact there is no evidence, you need to put up or shut up.

The only way to finally end your trolling of me, Edgar, is to put you on IGNORE.

I do not want to do that, but I am not going to take your nonsense anymore.

If you are asserting it is not possible that there are any gods...furnish the proof. Otherwise, there MAY be gods.

You may be right, by the way, that there are no gods. Another way to say that is: There may be no gods. But to ask me to prove THAT or its converse...is an absurdity.

You have to be able to see that.

edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You stalked me mercilessly last time you were here. I am not ever again going to let you off the hook so long as you attack atheists.
edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:04 pm
Evidence?
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You stalked me mercilessly last time you were here. I am not ever again going to let you off the hook so long as you attack atheists.

I am not attacking atheists.

If you make an assertion that there are no gods...you bear the burden of proof.
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Evidence?

I'm waiting for it. When will you furnish it?
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hoping that there is or isn’t a God is just that,Hope.Hope can’t provide evidence of anything to anyone.A believer/non believer cannot provide evidence that there is /isn’t a God.However,they can still hope that there is/isn’t a God, even if they can’t prove there is/isn’t a God.I suppose it depends on what you hope for.What does an agnostic hope for?
Frank Apisa

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:28 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Hoping that there is or isn’t a God is just that,Hope.Hope can’t provide evidence of anything to anyone.A believer/non believer cannot provide evidence that there is /isn’t a God.However,they can still hope that there is/isn’t a God, even if they can’t prove there is/isn’t a God.I suppose it depends on what you hope for.What does an agnostic hope for?

If you want to say you "hope" there is a god...fine. I would never dispute that. You can hope for whatever you want to.

But that was not what you were doing originally. You were saying "There is a god" or "I believe there is a god."

That was what we were discussing.

If you are asserting "There is a god"...you bear the burden of proof of that assertion.

If you are saying "I 'believe' there is a god"...then I am merely pointing out that the "believe" part of that is just a guess.

Okay?
edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 02:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If you assert there may be gods you need proof. Accepting the invisible as real puts the burden of proof on the ones on the side of invisibility.
edgarblythe

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 03:09 pm
I don't know who is voting posts down or up. It's not me.
0 Replies

chai2

Sun 12 Jul, 2020 03:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I certainly do not want this conversation with Edgar or Farmerman.

I want the conversation to be reasonable and courteous.

So then ******* stop addressing people you don't want to have a conversation with.

The ship as sailed for any of this to be reasonable and courteous.

If you were either, you'd just STFU about it already, and stop subjecting everyone to this crap.

You're all like a bunch of little boys.

The bottom line is, if you didn't have this record on repeat going, you'd have nothing to say at all.

Christ.