Leadfoot

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 05:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
I’ve been try’n to help with the population thing. Tried every dangerous/fun thing I could find, **** social distancing, don’t even own a mask, didn’t buy hand sanitizer, etc. Nada. This stupid sack of guts just wont quit.

farmerman

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:57 am
@Leadfoot,
When you say "youve been there", you seem to hve been very selctive in what you retained?

I like your take on time. (13.(+) Billion years is not enough time? How about using a bit of math, by multiplying secons times the number of nucleii affected )
Forget the entire known universe. The law of Conservation of mass and energy almost provide all the prosaic physics in coming up with universes.

Remember , the earth was only consolidated about 4.5(+) B years ago and the first Billion years it was being bombarded pretty much constantly . When the "Heavy Bombardment" period ended life shortly began. Theres an almost time dependency because of those two substances , C and HOH.
Everything we know about chirality and epitaxis weve lerned through geochemistry.W and L Bragg were more a practicing geo chemists when they were able to analyze crystalline shapes that are common in everything from the Kuypher Belt to earth (and by xtension probablt verything in the Solar system.
Afetr my first grad degree I began work in mineral ionic chirality and epitaxis to best develop substances with natural twits and layers . We took lessons from nature ( Hydroxy Fe/Ti carbonates naturally form heices, as do things like ilmentite, boulangerite, fibrous minerals etc.
All the early archea found in the "Banded Iron Formations" which are close to deposits evidencing first life are almost ALL associated with hiral structures (It obviously predates anything like RNA and DNA (because we dont see any specific crystals that RNA ad DNA form.

I think really that you should still rad further in your adventures of larning. Usually when I suggested something to read or consider (Like Judge Jones decision), you have always dismissed that you didnt need that information. So it appars that your recent studies have been limited to to an ID conclusion for which you have collected some collateral "evidence". You do know what they say about correlation and causation. Its a dangerous slope of learning .

WHile you have apparently spent time reading about DNA as an indicator of something other than ntural means of causation, you seem to either deny or ignore the evidence (like the real association of evolution with environment and edaphic factores, or the strong evidence of how L/D amino acis wre provided to our world or how they were formed by the (yes) relly prosaic rules of chemistry that vidence themselves all over the solar system. (As far as weve been able to sample thus far).
A theory has all the evidence support and none refutes. Or "The only way to prove something is to not disprove it)

You seem to be stuck in the grooves of "Specified Information" (whether you recognize it or not.)
farmerman

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 09:35 am
@Leadfoot,
What are you trying to commit suicide?? Pandemic Russian Roulette is, Ive heard a very scary and drawn out way to do yourself in.
Im soon gonna be in your age neighborhood and Ive got too much to do yet.

Leadfoot

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 01:53 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
You seem to be stuck in the grooves of "Specified Information" (whether you recognize it or not.)

You and me both brother. (Whether we recognize it or not.) It’s Beautiful, ain’t it?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:45 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive got too much to do yet.

That’s what I’m try'n to say. I’ve run out of stuff I want to do here. I ain’t bragging, I’m complaining. Wish I liked 'Normal' stuff like fishing or golf or Monday night football. That stuff just feels meaningless to me. I don’t even enjoy programming digital stuff anymore. Early onset Alzheimer’s maybe.

I am looking forward to CO soon though. Doing nothing out there seems more rewarding than here.
farmerman

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 09:49 pm
@Leadfoot,
Non of thearts fascinate you? How bout culinary? If it wrent for the death of the eurypterids back in the Permian extinction, we maybe wouldnt have shrimp> I dont think I could think up a good recipe for eurypterids. They are really skanky critters.

Ive not yet explored all the tastes that derive of shrimp. (or in the infinitive "Are deroven thereof).

Cmon ya gotta hang here . I dont buy much of your **** but its at least well thought out.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 09:54 pm
@Leadfoot,
BTW, fishing is abnormal. Ya get all duded up, into a boat and bear your gear out through the water (estuary, ocean, lake or streams) Toss yer gear overboard just to outwit something with the brain smaller than a toasted kimmel, just to haul im in and toss im back.
Thats wrong. But I am sufficiently addicted.
Leadfoot

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 05:09 am
@farmerman,
Fishing, well put.
0 Replies

chai2

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 01:45 pm
"To most Christians, the Bible is like a software license. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click 'I Agree’." - Bill Maher

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 03:03 pm
My view is that most Christians treat it more like a party platter. They pick out all the stuff they like and pretend the rest isn’t there. Cherry picking.
chai2

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 04:58 pm
@Leadfoot,
I don't think most Christians even look at the platter. They have no ******* idea what's there. Well, besides the few feel good stories like being expelled from the garden of eden and everything drowning in a flood

If most actually knew everything the bible contained, they would run screaming from the room.

Instead, they listen to someone who's like the manager at the Golden Corral that says enjoy the chocolate fountain and don't pay any attention to the kids sticking their grubby hands up to their elbows into that putrid mix.
Oh! and enjoy the catfish nuggets.
farmerman

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 05:27 pm
@chai2,
Ive never heard of a Golden Corral. We have a small restaurant chcolatier in Lititz Pa and Ypremian "neufchatel chockies" down in Oxford pa and they hve chockie fountains. The one in Lititz is more like the LabRea Tarpits except it only catches flies.

I allways ask what do they do with the chocolate in the fountains and they say they dont use it because the Health dept wont let them. SO, If the Health Dept was silent on chockie fountains youd use it in your candies?
"Sure, its good chocolate, it gets aireted." (If you watch the return flow you can see a fly get sucked under and probably get "filtered out before it re-spews its warm ooze out onto this chocko-mesa and make a chocofall into a brown warm lake.

Im sorry, check please!

Neufchatel is immaculate by comparison. All its chockie goodness is out of reach of hands , bugs, and ,small ish critters.
They make these giant filled balls of very rich chocolate

This has nothing to do with you religious folk, I just have a smattering of ADD and whenever someone mentions chocolate, pies, or NIAGARA FALLS, I go into this memory dump.

edgarblythe

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 05:49 pm
There used to be a Golden Corral in Tomball. Now the same building is a Mexican restaurant.
chai2

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 06:01 pm
@farmerman,
You have made me queasy.

The only place I take food and directly put it into a container to take with me is from the soup bar at Central Market. There’s just a few of them and they are owned by HEB, the biggest and most popular chain in Tx. I feel lucky to be within 2 miles of one.
They’ve closed their soup bar for now because of COVID but their already prepared foods, which is manned by deli workers, is doing a brisk business.

At the soup bar, there would always be 2 cauldrons of chicken tortilla soup going (tortilla strips on the side) and 6 other cauldrons of various soup that rotate from day to day.

It’s especially popular in the winter with wonderful things like beef barley, cream of mushroom (which is excellent over stir fried Brussels sprouts and steak), cream of potato/potato leek/baked potato, chicken spinach with orzo, rustic chicken noodle, split pea, black bean with and without pork, jambalaya, and many more.

It’s a full time job for this woman who never stops refilling and cleaning and restocking containers. I once asked her how much chicken tortilla they went through in a day. I honestly don’t remember how many gallons she said, but let me tell ya, it made me step back.
Between the product being piping hot, the constant turnover and the Soup Lady keeping an eagle eye on things, it’s safe.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 12:07 am
Out of curiosity, I'm wondering are atheists allowed to eat lots of supposedly 'bad for you ' food? I mean, the biblical thing against gluttony wouldn't be a problem, so a few extra sides of bacon and an extra basket of fries would be okay, right?
Olivier5

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 12:24 am
@Sturgis,
There is no prohibition of gluttony in the Bible.
Sturgis

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 12:46 am
@Olivier5,
The bible speaks out against gluttony several times.
Olivier5

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:18 am
@Sturgis,
None that I am aware of.
0 Replies

mesquite

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:49 am
@farmerman,
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 18 Jun, 2020 02:08 am
@edgarblythe,
I've seen a few Golden Corrals in Maryland, but I think they are more popular in the southern-most States.

And as far as the Bible....I don't feel like looking up the Ten Commandments or the Seven Deadly Sins.......................................but

Gluttony is considered one of the seven deadly sins......