Leadfoot

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 06:22 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Let me know when that happens. I'll be there for your wake, all dressed up in miniskirt and pompoms.

OK, enjoy, I have another engagement so I can't make it.
Leadfoot

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 06:27 am
@chai2,
Quote:
Who’s to say if her “sentence” was up?

Using that logic, Christians should just take crappy care of themselves, so they would qualify for early release.
My thoughts exactly. I laugh at health warnings, don't get checkups, eat whatever the **** I want and enjoy any dangerous activity I choose.
And I'm still in perfect health at 71. Dammit.

PS: The answer to the question you posed: Isn't it obvious?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 06:52 am
I'm not CS but I don't go to doctors for my general health. But I'm glad they are there when I break things, which I am prone to do.
BTW, does anybody know what Christian Scientists do when they break a leg or something?
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 07:45 am
@Olivier5,
"At least three of my friends have committed suicide - as a direct result of how the transphobic world treats them. But please go on and say how it's hilarious to mock our existence. "

That's what I said to Chai, a couple of pages ago I posted her response.

Also I'm not Izzy's puppet. My outrage is a direct response to my personal experiences (like, you know, my friends dying). Lance. Emily. Leela. Those were their names. All took their own life, all three quoted transphobia before doing so.

This is the effect it has, I lose people, then when I say that this is the result of transphobia, Chai's response was to laugh about it then deliberately misgender me.

Doesn't matter though. At this point Chai could literally murder trans people and you'd be like "well maybe they shouldn't have been so sensitive about trans issues, clearly they were projecting when they let her kill them."

I've said "no sorry, it's he, I'm trans" and the person's response has been to literally grab my genitals. No warning. No asking. I corrected pronouns and then the next thing I feel is a hand between my legs. All I need to do is say "no I'm he" and people think sexual assault is the appropriate response. I even got publicly groped at a chemist when I told them I was he, not she. She grabbed my breasts, frowned and looked me up and down, then tried to grope again when I cried.

And as I said in Chai's message, I don't have it ANYWHERE near as bad as many other trans people.

So if you seriously think that I'm being "oversensitive" about trans rights when I've been assaulted, sexually assaulted, and lost three friends over it then really you're just willingly siding with trans deaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_Day_of_Remembrance
Olivier5

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 09:01 am
@izzythepush,
I don't like it when a perfectly fine person (Chai) gets trashed by toxic haters such as you and your kid. Not that she can't kick both of your arses -- she can and she has -- but I kinda feel sympathy.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 09:08 am
@Leadfoot,
An important appointment with your maker, I guess. Hopefully you can ask Him all about evolution and abiogenesis... :-)

Will your wife be there, though? I'm more interested in her actually.
Olivier5

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 09:15 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
You are projecting your fears and hatred onto Chai, as you did onto me some time back. If you really need to spew venon like this as a way to cope with your life, I pity you.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 09:21 am

You are that long long snake
Tortuous and vicious.
You sulk at the bottom of a hollow world
Which stops you from venturing out
Prisoner of this too old basket.
But your cell bars are only made of wicker
And you can get passed them.
Softly, wavy…
Your prison is inside you,
The poison is inside you.

Go ahead, spit your venom!
Spit it, spit it… etc
chai2

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 06:59 pm
@Olivier5,
So Jesus is seen in the Notre Dame fire.

You woulda thought maybe he would have prevented it?

"I'm gonna start a big fire, and appear in it." Must have been a slow day in heaven.

https://i2-prod.bristolpost.co.uk/incoming/article2770521.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_Can-you-see-the-silhouette-of-Jesus-in-this-picture-of-the-Notre-Dame-fire.png
Setanta

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 10:08 pm
By the by, if the Izzy and Co. dog and pony show is over, maybe we could get back to something at least near the topic.

Christian Science was founded by Mary Baker Eddy. The wife and daughter of Samuel Clemens were devotées, and apparently Clemens felt they suffered needlessly. At any event, he certainly despised Eddy. He wrote of her: "Grasping, sordid, penurious, famishing for everything she sees—money, power, glory—vain, untruthful, jealous, despotic, arrogant, insolent, pitiless where thinkers and hypnotists are concerned, illiterate, shallow, incapable of reasoning outside of commercial lines, immeasurably selfish." A collection of his essays (most sardonic) on Christian Science was published in 1909 under the title Christian Science. I picked up a copy in paper bound in the early 1990s, having never heard of it. I was astonished to learn (in the preface) that it had been out of print since the first edition had been published, for nearly 80 years. According to that preface, the christian community closed ranks around Eddy and pressure was put on the publisher. Their attitude was that any attack on a christian "church" was the thin end of the wedge and must be opposed.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 12:04 am
@chai2,
Doesn't look like Jesus to me, but it could be Mohammad...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 08:40 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Will your wife be there, though? I'm more interested in her actually.

Haven't you heard? There are no wives there. Polyamory is the norm.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 08:47 am
It just seems odd. France (and EU), who is largely and proudly atheist, gushes that their heart is torn out over a church fire.

But maybe I've gotten the wrong impression of France and the EU from what I read here on the interzone.
hingehead

Mon 6 May, 2019 04:36 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ff/87/d5/ff87d56dff8db1710c652a6533d1a3d1.jpg
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 7 May, 2019 03:31 am
@Leadfoot,
Because it's far more than just a church, I guess.
Leadfoot

Tue 7 May, 2019 05:48 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Because it's far more than just a church, I guess.

Wouldn't be interested otherwise.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 7 May, 2019 10:52 am
https://imgshare.io/images/2019/05/07/5ECB7BF3-8C2E-4611-B637-5D4C2FF7429B.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 14 Jul, 2019 07:15 pm
From @BettyBowers today on twitter

QUESTION: What's the difference between an Atheist and an Evangelical?

ANSWER: An Atheist is honest about not following Jesus -- and far more likely to do so inadvertently.
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 18 Aug, 2019 04:32 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bf/ce/d7/bfced7c5378758aee062e47686764883.jpg
Leadfoot

Sun 18 Aug, 2019 07:18 pm
@hingehead,
Hey!, big thumbs up for that one.
0 Replies